Rotareneg

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

No crashes, as far as we know. It's more like changes that we did to improve certain things that turned out to have a big disadvantage that we just discovered, and that combined with a compiler bug.

Why do these things always have to come up at the last minute? o.O

Regardless, I have faith in the team's ability to handle this, but of course this pushes us back about a day.

Life is about, despite any and all obstacles one faces, that they find the courage and tenacity to face and overcome them, all while making happiness an attitude, not an emotion, for oneself as well as for others.

It is those obstacles and difficulties that forge us into an unbreakable sword. It is our compassion for others that allow us to use that sword correctly.

Victory will be achieved.

No worries.

Its all part of the process.

I realise your under pressure, but when the release notes are ready.

Looking forward to reading them.

Still hoping we can have it for the weekend though

I have moved heaven and earth for the following

One to get Saturday off work, and two persuade the wife she should visit her family and bring the kids.

I of course will have to stay home and work on a urgent DIY project. LoL

Good luck guys

1 hour ago, Marko said:

Still hoping we can have it for the weekend though

I have moved heaven and earth for the following

One to get Saturday off work, and two persuade the wife she should visit her family and bring the kids.

I of course will have to stay home and work on a urgent DIY project. LoL

Good luck guys

If you have done all that just for a pastime, no matter how good it happens to be, then I think something is messed up.

If not tomorrow then I'll see in a week or so, off on holiday into the wilds of France where there is no internet, phone, or mobile phone coverage where we will be staying ...

o.O:( withdrawal symptoms setting in already! 

3 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

If you have done all that just for a pastime, no matter how good it happens to be, then I think something is messed up.

Nothing is messed up.

You should try studying something new when you have six others people, five of them female under one roof.

Been looking forward to the update for a long time.

Edited by Marko

• Members

As much as I hate breaking the news, the prudent decision is to delay the release until after the weekend. Time and again we saw on past occasions that skipping tests after some last minute changes usually results in problems for the customer. I'm sorry for all of you who made plans for the weekend based on a 4.0 release, but in the end I think that we're better off avoiding a mad dash with our hair on fire, and simply keeping our finger crossed and our eyes firmly closed.

Now, with this disturbing image burned into your memories (what has been seen cannot be unseen!) ... we shall kick the tires some more over the weekend and wait until early next week before making it available to you.

100% this month? ....really?! 

Despite all the delay I will buy the upgrade when available but......Please just inform customers when it is really ready and tested and stop making promises all the time !!! That is really pissing me off.:S Send us a surprise email with order instructions, download-link and I will be happy as a child. 

1 hour ago, Ssnake said:

As much as I hate breaking the news, the prudent decision is to delay the release until after the weekend.

I think its the best way due to the issues we had last time and the amount of posts made on broken stuff.

when its ready its ready we all trust your judgement so keep up the good work.