SB Pro PE 4.0 - Discussion thread

Rotareneg

1 minute ago, GSprocket said:

Mil contracts are not an excuse, they are a reason. They are the reason that eSim can provide SB Pro PE and continue developing it. They are the reason that development windows for Pro PE are limited and slippage by a few weeks can cause months of postponement for a release. They are the reason *for* much of the content that is available for the 'game' version. How likely do you think the breadth and depth of simulated vehicles we have would be with the revenue from the consumer stream?

Nobody disputes that these contracts are vital for the exsistance of SB and esim. The reason for slipped release dates they are not...I see them more in the point i mentioned( just an observation)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Grenny said:

All good and well, but the point about predictions is a certain level of uncertainty. Otherwise it wouldn't be a predictions....with your given preconditions, the first date would be announced on release day.

And what is wrong with that??? At least its properly tested and ready...Now you have people chomping at the bit and want it now,and they are still waiting...

1 hour ago, delta6 said:

And what is wrong with that??? At least its properly tested and ready...Now you have people chomping at the bit and want it now,and they are still waiting...

delta6, to be clear ... I am one of those people chomping at the bit and wanting it now ... and still waiting.  There is nothing wrong with that.  The difference is that most of the posters on the site (like me) have the understanding that predictions and forecasts are subject to variables and hence some level of unpredictability.  When the predictions or forecasts are not met, we also have the emotional maturity and self-control to understand the issues and cope with it.  Unless I have misread this particular thread, this is a posting or update thread related to a new product release.  It is only logical that it will contain a discussion and update about the prospective release time.  We are fortunate that we have a candid and honest dev. that is willing and open to share both the good and bad news.  I would venture to say that this is the reason that most of the visitors to this particular thread access this thread - to be updated about the good or bad news.  If you do not wish to know anything about the progress of the product until it is READY under your definition then the answer seems to be pretty simple.  You may wish to reconsider whether it would make you happy to continue to access and read this particular thread or instead wait for the release notice.  In the mean time, customers like myself want to be kept in the loop - good and bad news - so no, eSim should continue to keep us up to date about whatever news or issues arise, and their best guess as to when they predict to release the game.  You do not want to know - great, do not read it!

Just want to chime in and say that I reckon Ssnake is doing a very good job at communicate everything that is happening which helps promote transparency and communication. 

If people don't understand how software development takes place and they find it unbelivable that last minute issues are common on projects then they are better off just go away and check the esims web site for when 4.0 will be officially on sale.

The forum here gives us a unique insight into what is taking place and the ability for some Q&A, feedback and wishes. Thumbs up to the guys here in the forum that continue to provide updates, lots of videos to show features, etc. 

Have a great weekend :)

Oh Boy,

reading the last weeks seems to me like the Door stay closed for al lot of People here on christmas day.............

We all were young and remember what it means.

It is amazing what communication means in this Threat.

Over years it´s like awaking from a long sleep by an poisend apple.........to this Simulation

Yes Simulation not a game at all.

A lot of People are Off Duty Soldiers in this Thread and they know what it means to stay on the battlefield without pants or with an cut wired of an Milan or HOT Missile when the fucking BMP is closed to you.

Yeah Marko, i read that about hunting down the Marder, but remeber a Marder is a Marder and has the the Milan Team nearby. The Last you maybe see is a liitle smokestream coming from that missile before it hit´s. so it could be me firing this rocket on you. :)

Forgive me, Once a west german Member of an Forward Defence Group north of Hamburg in the 80´s in the First Line and waiting for that first shoot............ so long.........

So for me it was and is a Pleasure to read so many fevering SteelBeast Lovers.

But i hope we see you back on the Battlefield in large and long tired Battle were ever it should happen.

And a few words about all the other shooter or maybe Simulation.

I play the whole OPF/Arma Series and Squad and and and but the realismn and the simulation charakter is outstanding on SteelBeast only DCS stands in the same Line of SBPro.

And that´s why it take´s more time to find the little small Bug in that huge Simulator.

Sorry for me rusty poor english.

Now i have to learn my Job for this weekend. Bying first time a CoPilot and Weapons Officer on an Gazelle at DCS. And there i have my HOT 3 Missiles and a lot of BMP waiting for me in that Kaukasus Conflict ;))

26 minutes ago, D u k e said:

Hey Marko,

don't  belive my german comrade, we will not waste a Milan. Some 20mm AP rounds are good enough for your peace of scrap metal.

cheers

D u k e

LoL  Guys.

I am actually a fan of the marder.

Also i am well aware the Marder is superior in two of the three areas commonly used to benchmark a IFV's ability's

Armour and firepower not to sure about mobility the BMP is very mobile.

But Duke you should know by now I am forever the optimist when it comes to old soviet equipment.

Plus I have a cunning plan :D

3 minutes ago, Marko said:

LoL  Guys.

I am actually a fan of the marder.

Also i am well aware the Marder is superior in two of the three areas commonly used to benchmark a IFV's ability's

Armour and firepower not to sure about mobility the BMP is very mobile.

But Duke you should know by now I am forever the optimist when it comes to old soviet equipment.

Plus I have a cunning plan :D

Well firepower is not exactly a strength of the Marder. But from the front the 1A3 can eat up anything the BMP2 gun can throw at it...even at point blanc range

58 minutes ago, Grenny said:

Well firepower is not exactly a strength of the Marder. But from the front the 1A3 can eat up anything the BMP2 gun can throw at it...even at point blanc range

Its a shame my old VU/ SVU is no longer active,

it would have been interesting to see if massed BMP-2 in a cold war type scenario

Could have prevailed against the marder.

There was a captured BMP-1 on display in bovington one year I have to say from what I could see the armour in some areas looked very thin.

41 minutes ago, Marko said:

it would have been interesting to see if massed BMP-2 in a cold war type scenario

There was a captured BMP-1 on display in bovington one year I have to say from what I could see the armour in some areas looked very thin.

Comrade!

We can always make new people`s  VU and stomp the dirty capitalist pigs and their hardware! :D

Ones have to remember that our BMP-2s will come in large numbers. Will you have enough missiles, and ammunition to stop them? Not to forget dismounts they carry. - And to remember of course that these things you seem to call scrap metal, often come with tank support. ;) 

Believe me, now when BMP-2s and t-72s will become crewable, missions will get a whole lot more interesting when your opponents will actually react, and counter your tactics even on individual unit level.

I have no doubt of what is going to happen. Eastern equipment will take heavy casualties as before. But hopefully you guys will be sweating a lot more than before, and we can have great games and great fun. 

16 minutes ago, Lumituisku said:

Ones have to remember that our BMP-2s will come in large numbers. Will you have enough missiles, and ammunition to stop them? Not to forget dismounts they carry. - And to remember of course that these things you seem to call scrap metal, often come with tank support. ;) 

Believe me, now when BMP-2s and t-72s will become crewable, missions will get a whole lot more interesting when your opponents will actually react, and counter your tactics even on individual unit level.

I have no doubt of what is going to happen. Eastern equipment will take heavy casualties as before. But hopefully you guys will be sweating a lot more than before, and we can have great games and great fun. 

I personally believe most scenarios will end in mutual annihilation.

5 hours ago, Marko said:

lower glacis of BMP- 1 is ~20mm thick. 

angle is 57 degrees. 

which means front armour is 36.7mm LOS.

add a little extra for thin plate hardening, and you get ~40mm. 

rest is in the wiki: http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=BMP-1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMP-1

IMG_1004.JPG

Edited by dejawolf

11 hours ago, Lumituisku said:

better, still not quite enough, were gettng there, though if you really want to make team blue sweat, redforce is gonna need the T80U and maybe even T90a/s. ( we can dream)

Edited by Kev2go