Rotareneg

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

The Release Notes for the upcoming version 4.0 can be found here.

In addition to the feature description of the major changes, installation advice, and a list of bugs that were addressed since version 3.028, the release notes also contain eastereggs with hints to win free licenses ... including the Heisenbug Challenge, celebrating 10 years of continuous development of Steel Beasts Pro PE.

Easter egg ?

Formation Handling

It is now possible to assign multiple (up to 240) units to “preset groups” – e.g. a company team. It is then possible at runtime to enter a New group route that will automatically get cop- ied over to all other members of that preset group; the first route leg is always on hold to allow individual route adjustments before then a “group proceed” command can be given. 

9 minutes ago, Koen said:

Easter egg ?

Formation Handling

It is now possible to assign multiple (up to 240) units to “preset groups” – e.g. a company team. It is then possible at runtime to enter a New group route that will automatically get cop- ied over to all other members of that preset group; the first route leg is always on hold to allow individual route adjustments before then a “group proceed” command can be given. 

No that's a feature. :)

The Easter Eggs are other things - like the YouTube video and maybe the comments scattered throughout.

2 minutes ago, guccimanetraplord said:

i saw the sniper stuff, anything more than that? dont really like sniper rifles 

Yes but you need to read the 53 pages.

There's stuff about MGs, firing arcs for dismounts in vehicles, etc.

I'm not going to go through it and copy and paste it all here.

Edited by Gibsonm

2 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Yes but you need to read the 53 pages.

There's stuff about MGs, firing arcs for dismounts in vehicles, etc.

I'm not going to go through it and copy and paste it all here.

i'm going to leave it as a surprise, and see if theres an FN mag and fn minimi when i play, i hope im not disappointed!

13 minutes ago, guccimanetraplord said:

i'm going to leave it as a surprise, and see if theres an FN mag and fn minimi when i play, i hope im not disappointed!

I'll spoil that surprize: 1st Not by that name and 2nd no.

This reply was sponsored by dreamcrusher 2000...

I read in the "pre"release notes that win9x64bit (and above) is required. That means my win7x64bit needs upgrading. I dodged Microsofts free win10 upgrade due to problems running frequently used softwares. However, there is no such thing as windows 9 as far as I'm aware :D

win9.jpg

Edited by Ingolf
Easter egg?

Just now, Ingolf said:

I read in the "pre"release notes that win9x64bit (and above) is required. That means my win7x64bit needs upgrading. I dodged Microsofts free win10 upgrade due to problems running frequently used softwares. However, there is no such thing as windows 9 as far as I'm aware :D

Well maybe that's an Easter Egg - or perhaps just a typo.

5 minutes ago, Ingolf said:

win9.jpg

I know thats what i pointed out i used to work for that little company 9_9