SB Pro PE 4.0 - Discussion thread

Rotareneg

• Members
3 hours ago, guccimanetraplord said:

nvm found it, was expecting more than just an AK-5C though. bit disappointing 

There's also an M60 MG, sniper rifles (three models, five calibers/capabilities), the MG3 and PKM received attention, ...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
3 hours ago, Ingolf said:

I read in the "pre"release notes that win9x64bit (and above) is required. That means my win7x64bit needs upgrading. I dodged Microsofts free win10 upgrade due to problems running frequently used softwares. However, there is no such thing as windows 9 as far as I'm aware :D

Ugh.

I have no idea how it found its way in there, or why it wasn't spotted by any of the proof readers (nobody got much sleep lately).

In any case, Win 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 are supported. All in 64 bit.

22 minutes ago, Vikingo said:

Well I officially uninstalled 3.028 + Codemeter Runtime and all is ready for 4.0 B|  Going back to 3 is not an option! :P

Good grief, I could not survive without having SB Pro PE installed on my system. It is akin to having uninstalled one's medulla oblongata. How do you survive? Must be on life support or cyber implant that keeps your system running. O.o'

• Moderators
5 hours ago, guccimanetraplord said:

nvm found it, was expecting more than just an AK-5C though. bit disappointing 

There are a lot of new small arms rifle models. The problem is when you read the release notes, you may only see when one of them was added at a certain point, or, unfortunately, we lose track of them in the notes.

New infantry rifles:

M16A3 (30 rnd mag)

C8DK

C7A2

AK-5C

M4

L85A2

FN-FAL

SCAR-17

...so yes, more rifles than just the AK-5C. ;)

16 minutes ago, Volcano said:

There are a lot of new small arms rifle models. The problem is when you read the release notes, you may only see when one of them was added at a certain point, or, unfortunately, we lose track of them in the notes.

New infantry rifles:

M16A3 (30 rnd mag)

C8DK

C7A2

AK-5C

M4

L85A2

FN-FAL

SCAR-17

...so yes, more rifles than just the AK-5C. ;)

thanks for the response, any new infantry lmgs or hmgs? is the 240 now usable by infantry?

Edited by guccimanetraplord

2 hours ago, Azure Lion said:

Good grief, I could not survive without having SB Pro PE installed on my system. It is akin to having uninstalled one's medulla oblongata. How do you survive? Must be on life support or cyber implant that keeps your system running. O.o'

:D Something like that! After reading the release notes really can't go back to 3.028... so many new toys and stuff to try! But of course this system/my mind can collapse if 4.0 delays just a little more O.o ^_^

20 minutes ago, Lumituisku said:

For some reason I was in understanding that Patria AMV XA-360 would be crewable. But reading release notes this doesn't seem to be the case. 

Also on terrain video I have to though that I saw a command version of it as well.

Me too, because it is listed as crewable on page 1 of this thread...

When its ready. :)

They have to:

Build the images

Create the torrent

Update the purchase web page.

Fix last minute issues.

That's why I don't understand why people keep pestering - its not like you can speed the process up.

I mean its not even out and people are asking what's going to be "fixed" (in their view) / added in December.

Edited by Gibsonm

• Members

There's one last piece that needs to fall into place. Someone in a crucial position is beset with a terrible internet connection that breaks down every other minute (thank you, AT&T!), which makes testing certain web pages infinitely more difficult. And no, someone else can't do it. :o

9 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

There's one last piece that needs to fall into place. Someone in a crucial position is beset with a terrible internet connection that breaks down every other minute (thank you, AT&T!), which makes testing certain web pages infinitely more difficult. And no, someone else can't do it. :o

Ahh~!

Sorry, "AT&T" and "Ni" might as well be similarly annoying.

11 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

No that's a feature. :)

The Easter Eggs are other things - like the YouTube video and maybe the comments scattered throughout.

Fantastic feature, that is !: group routes !!

(hmm, which youtube video ?)

Not mentioned in release notes:

* surrender function

* randomized stowage on some vehicles

-> omission (likely), or not in 4.0 (unlikely) ??