• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Swordsmandk said:

I will learn the T72Bs waysways and celebrate when ever I kill a 2a6 :P

well that lead indicator really helps. scored 90% on that instant gunnery test on my first try.  guess my intuition isnt as good cuse I can never do that well with the T72M1 shooting at moving targets. But yea itl be cause for celeration killing a 2a6. in mission. though for it to be fair im sure youl need some AI buddies for cannon fodder distraction.:D

Edited by Kev2go

• Members
29 minutes ago, Rotareneg said:

Now that we've got the various filters for the daysight on the M60, is it possible we might get working contrast/brightness controls for thermal imagers in the future?

I wouldn't categorically reject such a possibility, but be careful what you're wishing for. I don't think that SB Pro needs more micromanagement. I'm not going to dial back what we have, but I'm very reluctant to increase the workload of menial tasks on the player, they are just distracting from the main task, assessing the tactical situation.

On 12/08/2016 at 11:31 AM, Rotareneg said:

When towing be sure to keep the rear of your vehicle facing the front of the towed vehicle at all times, otherwise hilarity may ensue:

I think part of that issue is if the vehicle being towed still has and active route.

As soon as you get it "unstuck" (technical term) it tries to proceed on its earlier route.

You can see in the first few seconds, then vehicle is being pulled back but the wheels are turning as if its trying to go forward (follow the route).

I think if you cancel any route the "towee" has it works better.

After all its more tactically sound for the "tower" to drive up to the crock (facing the threat) than reverse up.

Then I guess you should turn around when safe to do so and drive with the towee behind the tower to minimise the jumping around.

Edited by Gibsonm

I've a question concerning firepower of Leopard 2A6 with L/55 gun:

Did you simulate the difference in penetration power compared to L44 gun of Leopard 2A5? Or is it just a question of comparing DM53 to DM33?O.o

I feel also a more precise flight path of the L55 compared to L44B|. But it's assumption....

On 13/08/2016 at 10:36 PM, Tango29 said:

Ummm...guess I'd better 'fess up here. Without putting too fine a point on it, my original tank, on which I trained as an officer cadet decades ago, was the Centurion 5. It had the same gun-sight fitted as provided for the Sho't Kal in SB, along with the .50 cal HMG ranging gun. Although the Sho't Kal doesn't have the ranging gun fitted (Israeli decision, apparently), the sight graticle pattern is unchanged from what I used. So I still have a pretty good idea of how to use the sight, even after 48 years (which surprises the hell out of me, quite frankly!). But it all came back pretty quickly: talk about a really neat flashback! :)

Don't worry we can do zeroing drills too if you want. :)

On 16 augustus 2016 at 5:29 AM, Vikingo said:

Your welcome El_Chacho!! (please keep reading)

Yes, Homer. I was about to post that. This is my updated settings. Vsync OFF in game, and ON in drivers.

Please check final configuration here. Is super smooth and NO stuttering at all !! B|

http://imgur.com/a/jjhlx

Very helpful settings, Vikingo, trying it out. 

Looks good ! 

Thx !

44 minutes ago, Koen said:

Very helpful settings, Vikingo, trying it out. 

Looks good ! 

Thx !

welcome Koen! Glad is working there too. If you suffer some performance loss you can low the AntiAliasing settings and terrain details B|  Here didn't play really big battles so those "final" settings are working super fine

5 hours ago, silberwiese said:

I've a question concerning firepower of Leopard 2A6 with L/55 gun:

Did you simulate the difference in penetration power compared to L44 gun of Leopard 2A5? Or is it just a question of comparing DM53 to DM33?O.o

I feel also a more precise flight path of the L55 compared to L44B|. But it's assumption....

DM33, DM53, DM12, Slsgr 95, and DM33 PELE have different muzzle velocity from L55 and L44, and have different penetration when appropriate:

Leopard2A5 / L44

DM33:600mm RHAe, 1650 M/s

DM53:750mm RHAe, 1650 M/s

Leopard2A6 / L55

DM33:630mm RHAe, 1710 M/s

DM53:800mm RHAe, 1750 M/s

Vikingo your settings have really improved the performance and visuals of my sim.

Thanks a lot !!!!!!!! B|

With the terrain and most sim settings maxed out I have even better and smoother performance than before and the visuals are even more gorgeous !! No more tearing, no more shutter, no more blurring........

Thank you for sharing them !!!

Your post should be sticked somewhere in the support area so it is not lost with the time in order to help people with Nvidia to make the max of Steel Beasts.

2 minutes ago, Furia said:

Your post should be sticked somewhere in the support area so it is not lost with the time in order to help people with Nvidia to make the max of Steel Beasts

Im about to update my Drivers, can put a link to that settings post here if you get a chance (102 pages...)

Cheers

1 hour ago, Furia said:

Vikingo your settings have really improved the performance and visuals of my sim.

Thanks a lot !!!!!!!! B|

With the terrain and most sim settings maxed out I have even better and smoother performance than before and the visuals are even more gorgeous !! No more tearing, no more shutter, no more blurring........

Thank you for sharing them !!!

Your post should be sticked somewhere in the support area so it is not lost with the time in order to help people with Nvidia to make the max of Steel Beasts.

So glad Furia!! ^_^ You are very welcome! I'm really surprised how smooth is 4.0 here using these settings. I just finish playing and was a pleasure looking thru the optics "side view" while running at full speed, no stutter at all. I'm quite a maniac for the drivers settings with sims and I try many combinations until I find the "best" This time the result was so great (luckily) Seems that SB Pro PE is well builded ^_^ Enjoy and thanks for the feedback!! B| I can confirm the settings are running fine with the latests drivers also (372.54) http://imgur.com/a/jjhlx

Edited by Vikingo

Each of these turrets are not quite like the others... (and a bucket)

Now it's time to play our game...

But yes, loving the FCS.

Though, I think the loader should just deal and let the gunner have continuous stabilization! :P

SS_08_48_35.png

SS_08_48_44.png

SS_08_48_57.png

SS_09_15_31.png

Edited by Azure Lion