Jump to content

SB Pro PE 4.0 - Discussion thread


Recommended Posts

Is it my understanding that if the vehicles that was just shown don't have a pixel troop shown up on the hatch, means that those vehicles don't have them?

 

Plus can I go ahead and just send you my money now before I spend it on something else :-) (I'll be on a Brigade Warfighter exercise at Camp Atterbury, IN during the month of June)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ssnake: A question regarding the new themes and map editor. 

In old scenarios with rain/heavy forecast selected to get the "mood" right in the 3D view, will they suddenly be effected with soggy ground etc so we need to go back and check all the old scenarios so they do not get "broken" because of this starting to work? 

/KT

Link to post
Share on other sites

Houses still partly sink into ground?

 

 

And WTF... I swear I saw that experimental tank here on forums on one moment that we see on video at 37s time. - I guess we got something like USA designed armata mock-up to play with or against xD 

 

____________________________

 

Reason why I wasn't cheering, screaming from joy of seeing all new vehicles here.. is that there could not be enough space on one post to do so. Great additions! 

 

I love especially patria-AMV! Thank you Esims! <3

Edited by Lumituisku
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, JohnO said:

Is it my understanding that if the vehicles that was just shown don't have a pixel troop shown up on the hatch, means that those vehicles don't have them?

 

No. Like I wrote in all the disclaimers, the videos are based on late alpha/early beta versions and as such may not represent the final version in its entirety. Right now we have set 3D crews for about 60...70% of all vehicles. About 90% is our desired goal, and here preference will be given to the more popular vehicles and newer models rather than artwork that is scheduled for replacement in the not too distant future, anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Houses still partly sink into ground?

 

This may be the case for the initial release when dealing with legacy maps. We already had a version that would keep all buildings completely free from terrain intrusion, but the solution came with other problems. The way I understand it, once that the new map editor is released there will be methods to handle the cases of building better. But for the automatic conversion process, this is what we have, right now.

 

Trust me on one thing however: The potential of the new engine is much, much higher. We can probably show some of it at ITEC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kingtiger said:

A question regarding the new themes and map editor. 

In old scenarios with rain/heavy forecast selected to get the "mood" right in the 3D view, will they suddenly be effected with soggy ground etc so we need to go back and check all the old scenarios so they do not get "broken" because of this starting to work?

 

Well, I think it's rather obviuous that changes like these cannot remain without effect on legacy scenarios.

 

To which extent this actually "breaks" a scenario remains to be seen. I suppose it depends a bit on how crazy you went with the "wet" vs "dry" mobility parameters. If everything turns into a 1941 Eastern front mud season if there's a bit of rain I suppose you'll get 1941 Eastern Front mud conditions mobility as a result. If you don't want that, there's going to be some maintenance burden. But maybe you can simply swap the old themes by one of only a handful of standard themes which may not be entirely perfect but at least restore playability quickly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Lumituisku said:

And WTF... I swear I saw that experimental tank here on forums on one moment that we see on video at 37s time. - I guess we got something like USA designed armata mock-up to play with or against xD

 

Yeah, that's a M1 TTB!

 

Ngy3RkW.jpg

 

O1KSpxl.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Somehow I have feeling... that Dejawolf did major work on this model :D  If I remember it correctly he was very fascinated with  M1 TTB  when it was mentioned on forums. I could be mistaken.

 

It sort of feels like joke, that we would have it on release. However, I would be very interested of seeing how these... unmanned turrets actually work! Now if this isn't trolling then we can possibly find out if these kind of tanks are harder to kill or not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kingtiger said:

Ssnake: A question regarding the new themes and map editor. 

In old scenarios with rain/heavy forecast selected to get the "mood" right in the 3D view, will they suddenly be effected with soggy ground etc so we need to go back and check all the old scenarios so they do not get "broken" because of this starting to work? 

/KT

 

The rain setting doesn't do anything in SB right now, why use it unless you expected it to make stuff wet when it was implemented later?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am under the illusion that it creates a more "darker" enviroment in SB, mixing it with view distance gives a nice feeling to the scenario. I could of course be effing wrong as I have never done a pure test of it but that's the feeling I got at least.

But as Ssnake said, if I have fucked it up I can just replace the theme with the new standard ones and it would not be a big issue, or just remove the rain in the mission editor on those missions who need it. Was just curuous if the effects would back-track so to say.

/KT

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rotareneg said:

It's not real obvious, but the exhaust was visible in the thermal view at around 0:58+

 

Well to be honest...I have never used real thermal camera so I don't truly know if those are supposed to be visible. I could image those would?  And well...   yes its barely visible, now when you pointed it out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Lumituisku said:

 

Well to be honest...I have never used real thermal camera so I don't truly know if those are supposed to be visible. I could image those would?  And well...   yes its barely visible, now when you pointed it out.


Exhaust plumes are hot, but they lack the mass necessary to produce much influence on thermal cameras (which is why they are used by firefighters to see through flames and smoke in burning buildings etc - the burning materials show clearly through the flames and smoke which obscure and distort the visible spectrum.)

IR masking smoke has to use particles which absorb the wavelengths of light that the imager is sensitive to, but this is outside of the normal range of smoke or dry air.

Edited by GSprocket
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hot air sends  IR waves at the same wavelenght that other air adsorbs...It will not get very far. Hot particles in the exaust are an other matter...the dirtier an engine is, the more signature his exaust will produce. Over all, the effect the exaust form vehicles add to their overall thermal signature is small.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IrishHussar said:

Snake your a Hero. "CHEIFTAN MK5" wow!!!!!!!!

 

Well, I didn't contribute anything to that, to be honest. It was purely done on the artists' initiative.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...