Jump to content
Rotareneg

SB Pro PE 4.0 - Discussion thread

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Kingtiger said:

Nobody noticed "Surrender if" in the mission editor in the video? 

My heart is going a bit faster when reading it :)

/KT 

First france joke comming in, in 5..4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mpow66m said:

gonna need some MPs for EPWs,lol.

just think for Multiplayer missions: surrending a 'spent' infantry platoon or a tank crew could be a legit strategy for slowing an advance while the other team deals with EPW - or they lose major score for a Geneva convention breach...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ghostdog688 said:

just think for Multiplayer missions: surrending a 'spent' infantry platoon or a tank crew could be a legit strategy for slowing an advance while the other team deals with EPW - or they lose major score for a Geneva convention breach...

nah,just disarm them throw em some water and move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cobrabase said:

LOL! Amen to that. Still waiting for decent code to deploy troops from hueys! 

 

You realize that's already in DCS, right?

 

Back to SB 4.0

 

Do the snipers have first person functionality? If not, can they aim better than the poor riflemen?

 

Will infantry units have anything other than line formation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kingtiger said:

Nobody noticed "Surrender if" in the mission editor in the video? 

My heart is going a bit faster when reading it :)

/KT 

Ohhh Katie! Ur a freaking ninja. This is great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

 

You realize that's already in DCS, right?

 

Back to SB 4.0

 

Do the snipers have first person functionality? If not, can they aim better than the poor riflemen?

 

Will infantry units have anything other than line formation?

thats where set quality might come in.

raw,green,vet,btdt.....something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember starting a topic about a Surrender If condition, I don't remember writing any of this, though. Parkinson's setting in. Nice addition, the new content is great, and fine tuning things like this is sweeter still.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the surrender function. They'll stop fighting, and you can guide them around. That's about it. Still, it's an option to obviate the need to kill the enemy to the last man, which is probably a good thing.

 

Training level, it determines how good of a shot the infantry is, and also their base chances of rendering first aid within the same squad.

There'll also be a platoon command team of four people where the platoon leader can send a medic to any squad, with a much higher chance to "resurrect" a fallen soldier (technically, it's closer to necromancy than to medical assistance). Also, higher-level infantry gets a stamina bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

12 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

There'll also be a platoon command team of four people where the platoon leader can send a medic to any squad, with a much higher chance to "resurrect" a fallen soldier (technically, it's closer to necromancy than to medical assistance).

 

Ah great, no more removing the extra fireteam / squad from PHQ. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SB 4.0: Combat Mission Edition.

 

Hopefully infantry will get first person functionality and formations in 5.0, it sounds like everything else got some much needed love, though.

Edited by Apocalypse 31

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't abandon hope yet.

 

The tempo of announcements tends to ramp up as release date approaches and usually what is announced about this far out is seen as "small stuff" in retrospect. ;)

 

Edited by Gibsonm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Don't abandon hope yet.

 

The tempo of announcements tends to ramp up as release date approaches and usually what is announced about this far out is seen as "small stuff" in retrospect. ;)

 

Gibsomn is right.

I am still holding out hope for a playable BMP-1 or 2 mite find out Friday

(Playable marders) the motherland has sent out a call to arms.:D

I would like to take on the marder in a playable BMP

 

Edited by Marko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me too comrade! Also hope for more playable T-72's versions. Specially with upgraded fire systems ;)

 

Quote

I am still holding out hope for a playable BMP-1 or 2 mite find out Friday

(Playable marders) the motherland has sent out a call to arms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gibsonm said:

Well Ssnake did say he'd publish the list of playable vehicles "soon".

 

Yeah! That is why I have this topic under heavy "F5" bombardment right now :P Hope friday will be THE day of "the playables"!  B|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping Andrea's / PzBtl 911's "hit sound effect" becomes the default.

 

Gives you the "just right" effect of standing inside a bell while someone bashes the outside with a sizeable hammer. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...