Jump to content
Rotareneg

SB Pro PE 4.0 - Discussion thread

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, ghostdog688 said:

Thanks for he response. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but as there's no MG above the gunners hatch, what reason would we have to stand in the hatch instead of/alongside the TC, or is this really just an immersion thing?

im not complaining, just trying figure out how I will use this feature to my advantage in game.

Immersion only

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mpow66m said:

c'mon lets get this party rolling,bass season starts soon.:P

In some country's its always bass season. 

383b66c811ea72cb809bbc229433062b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah...no need to be in a hurry....we're still on "Lazy Sunday" mood....

if2d29.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will save the "special excitement" mood for after the release....

IMG-20160224-WA0003.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Swiso said:

I will save the "special excitement" mood for after the release....

IMG-20160224-WA0003.jpg

I thought all beer had that effect. LoL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope we get hand grenades for the infantry in 4.0. I saw in grennys video that UGL is working which is nice, but in last nights fight my infantry was in desperate need of tosing a handgrenade over a small berm to clear out enemy infantry...

/KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kingtiger said:

I really hope we get hand grenades for the infantry in 4.0. I saw in grennys video that UGL is working which is nice, but in last nights fight my infantry was in desperate need of tosing a handgrenade over a small berm to clear out enemy infantry...

/KT

No handgrenades. But the UGL is a nice substitute for them too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah pitty. Indeed UGL is a nice substitute but not sutible when the enemy is on the other side of same berm. But I am happy with UGLs already, they will be a great improvement as most infantry fights in SB will have use of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kingtiger said:

Ah pitty. Indeed UGL is a nice substitute but not sutible when the enemy is on the other side of same berm. But I am happy with UGLs already, they will be a great improvement as most infantry fights in SB will have use of them.

No suitable IRL, but it works in SB :-P...good abstraction. You know the drill: 3..2..1...and now squint as hard as you can

Edited by Grenny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to test the UGL in 4.0! Do the 40mm have any effect on smaller APC like BTR-80 and stuff (thinking combat mission where a few well hit 40mm can KO a BTR).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kingtiger said:

Looking forward to test the UGL in 4.0! Do the 40mm have any effect on smaller APC like BTR-80 and stuff (thinking combat mission where a few well hit 40mm can KO a BTR).

you can cause damage. but i think the modelled round is pure HE-frag and not DP-HEAT like our round currently in use IRL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kingtiger said:

I really hope we get hand grenades for the infantry in 4.0. I saw in grennys video that UGL is working which is nice, but in last nights fight my infantry was in desperate need of tosing a handgrenade over a small berm to clear out enemy infantry...

/KT

Could've said the same thing lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the Platoon HQ in 4.0.

 

I read somewhere that Ssnake wrote that it brings a medic that can revive infantry casualties, so that is nice (been missing that!)
what else do it do or bring? will having it killed affect troops in some way? Do it have FO capability? How big is the HQ section? (that can be adjusted in the force template?) 

 

I am so loving the infantry improvements coming in 4.0! <3 

 

/KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kingtiger said:

Ah pitty. Indeed UGL is a nice substitute but not sutible when the enemy is on the other side of same berm. But I am happy with UGLs already, they will be a great improvement as most infantry fights in SB will have use of them.

I agree. 

 

I hope there has been improvements to how quicky and accurately the AI infantry can engage targets.

 

The current system has some oddities, where I've watched opposing infantrymen lay a few meters from one another and fire an occasional wild round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When i first started playing SB i have to say infantry did not interest me to much,it was all about T V T combat

But i have to say with every update and the additional capability's of the infantry in game its certainly sparked my interest.

 

Edited by Marko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

I agree. 

 

I hope there has been improvements to how quicky and accurately the AI infantry can engage targets.

 

The current system has some oddities, where I've watched opposing infantrymen lay a few meters from one another and fire an occasional wild round.

 

I would require that the AI-infantry act more like a team/squad: one element suppressing the enemy while to other(s) flank or get in grenade range.

Right now they are onyl effective in suppressing each other ...thats at least something, well kind off ¬¬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...