Jump to content
Rotareneg

SB Pro PE 4.0 - Discussion thread

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, ghostdog688 said:

"Gunner, COAX, Troops!"

my solution is a little messier...

Ooo, turning minds into canoes. Or at least, one that will dock a small canoe... depending on the split.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I wanted all my key-bindings all ready to go for the full 4.0 reinstall....

 

a. will old key mappings still work

b. what file is it?

 

I want to slam the hatch shut and GO when she comes out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, cobrabase said:

If I wanted all my key-bindings all ready to go for the full 4.0 reinstall....

 

a. will old key mappings still work

b. what file is it?

 

I want to slam the hatch shut and GO when she comes out!

 

a. Don't know.

 

b. Suggest you export from 3.028 and then import into 4.x instead of just replacing the file (as the format, etc. may have changed).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 5:13 PM, Panzer_Leader said:

 

Will the German Jaguar have the HOT 3 missiles???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic work!  So many new features, I'm not usually an OPFOR player but I'm excited to see some new playable T-72s in game.

 

My only request, if possible, is a list of vehicles/objects that can not use skins from the prior version?

I've got lots of custom ones and if possible I'd like to keep using them, and it's just easier if I know which ones I need to toss so I can transfer over when I upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see many nice visual improvements and particle effects improvements. Will there also be an improvement of engine smoke effects making it more pronounced, heavy and billowing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2016 at 11:48 AM, BigBadVuk said:

Aaah well i just lost 50$ bet  that Sb pro will be available before the end of first half of he June :D 

 

 

I've a question. Did he specifically bet that 4.0 would release the last half of June?

If that is the case, come July he will owe you 50$ if it has yet to be released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2016 at 11:32 AM, Tread_Head57 said:

Nice to see the orange ball of death is gone. Any chance of a quick video showing more of the new animation of tanks brewing up when hit?

Well the "orange ball of death" was what Israelis described (not in those goofy words of course) AT-3s looking like as they flew toward them so those old visuals in SB Pro were based on real combat.   However....  I agree that better rocket motors mean a lower signature.  Leave it to man to find a better way to kill himself.    4.0 is going to mean extra eyes looking for launches to be sure. ; )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe SOME update is in order.

 

Irrespective of the "why", our "Plan A" for the release failed. We are currently working on a "Plan B" in the hope of making a release within the next four weeks possible. That would be outside of the window of opportunity that we expected to have, but there's still a chance well above zero to make a release possible. I don't want to dive into details as long as I don't know if Plan B will really work. That's what we're currently trying to figure out.

 

I'll keep you posted once that I have more reliable information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My grain of salt of opinion as of the release date of 4.0 .............better late and working then too early and buggy.

Concentrate on getting it right, forget a release date. Announce it when it is ready.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Azure Lion said:

I've a question. Did he specifically bet that 4.0 would release the last half of June?

If that is the case, come July he will owe you 50$ if it has yet to be released.

He didnt specified anything it was me who said it will be here until 15th :D

 

 

56 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Maybe SOME update is in order.

 

Irrespective of the "why", our "Plan A" for the release failed. We are currently working on a "Plan B" in the hope of making a release within the next four weeks possible. That would be outside of the window of opportunity that we expected to have, but there's still a chance well above zero to make a release possible. I don't want to dive into details as long as I don't know if Plan B will really work. That's what we're currently trying to figure out.

 

I'll keep you posted once that I have more reliable information.

No big deal.. 3.0 was also dragging its release, and when it was released it was with some bugs etc.. Take your time guys and just release it when it is ready..

Beside, im broke atm :D so waiting for few weeks is not a big deal at all , hihihih :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Plan C, work at a good, comfortable and steady pace and complete it ASAIIC (As Soon As It Is Complete).

Besides, though George Peppard's character Hannibal in 'A-Team' "... love(s) it when a plan comes together." How often is that ever the case? The rarity of a plan going as planned is why I love it when a plan does go as planned.

That is why when planning a plan one should plan that it will not go as planned and plan the plan around the latter plan of the former plan, unless you plan for that plan to not go as planned as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update of failed "Plan A" At least we know that maybe in 4 weeks we will can purchase 4.0 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Azure Lion said:

I like Plan C, work at a good, comfortable and steady pace and complete it ASAIIC (As Soon As It Is Complete).

Besides, though George Peppard's character Hannibal in 'A-Team' "... love(s) it when a plan comes together." How often is that ever the case? The rarity of a plan going as planned is why I love it when a plan does go as planned.

That is why when planning a plan one should plan that it will not go as planned and plan the plan around the latter plan of the former plan, unless you plan for that plan to not go as planned as well.

No plan survives first contact.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Stormin Norman said:

Will there also be an improvement of engine smoke effects making it more pronounced, heavy and billowing? 

 

Why is that an "improvement"?

 

Most Tanks / AFVs I work with don't show this.

 

Either because the diesels are well maintained or the turbines don't spew out great clouds of smoke.

 

Maybe after a prolonged period of 24/7 operations, but its certainly not the "norm".

 

Edited by Gibsonm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

 

Why is that an "improvement"?

 

Most Tanks / AFVs I work with don't show this.

 

Either because the diesels are well maintained or the turbines don't spew out great clouds of smoke.

 

Maybe after a prolonged period of 24/7 operations, but its certainly not the "norm".

 

 

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I was talking about the smoke generators on M1IPs or M1A1 not graphically showing much smoke. I would presume because of GAME engine limitations of particle effects.

Edited by Stormin Norman
Too make myself more clear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...