Jump to content
Rotareneg

SB Pro PE 4.0 - Discussion thread

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Rotareneg said:

Wow, looks like 4.0 is going to be a LOT different than we expected: https://youtu.be/yWaB9z1dwSI o.O

What the f*** did I just watch?

 

Then again...

Apparently, in the new PC German army, women belong in the loader's station...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Maj.Hans said:

What the f*** did I just watch?

 

Then again...

Apparently, in the new PC German army, women belong in the loader's station...

 

..., if she's able to do the job...she does the job.

Whats your point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think maj hans is US, they are not used to have females in combat positions as we are here in Europe.

 

and I got nothing but respect for the women I work with that keeps up or outperforms us male soldiers in combat positions. 

/KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Grenny said:

..., if she's able to do the job...she does the job.

Whats your point?

 

She's clearly able to do the job.  I still think it's a valid question to ask, is she the best person for that job?

I'm just under 2 meters tall.  Am I the best person to cram into a T72 gunner's seat?

 

If I were told "You go command that Leopard!" as soon as I dropped into the turret and saw my loader, I'd probably wonder to myself...

'Wonder if my driver's got strong arms?'

 

ETA: I'm bowing out of the discussion at this point.  I agree that, clearly, since she's got the job, she's able to at least meet the minimum standards for it, and that's clearly good enough or else the minimum standards would be higher.

Edited by Maj.Hans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Maj.Hans said:

 

She's clearly able to do the job.  I still think it's a valid question to ask, is she the best person for that job?

I'm just under 2 meters tall.  Am I the best person to cram into a T72 gunner's seat?

 

If I were told "You go command that Leopard!" as soon as I dropped into the turret and saw my loader, I'd probably wonder to myself...

'Wonder if my driver's got strong arms?'

 

ETA: I'm bowing out of the discussion at this point.  I agree that, clearly, since she's got the job, she's able to at least meet the minimum standards for it, and that's clearly good enough or else the minimum standards would be higher.

If there had been a better applicant...he/she would do the job. It's not exactly that people are lining up do get a loaders job ...or any army job for that matter  :-(

 

In fact nowadays you need to fullfill 2 criteria: you need to have a pulse and a german passport....

Edited by Grenny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rotareneg said:

Wow, looks like 4.0 is going to be a LOT different than we expected: https://youtu.be/yWaB9z1dwSI o.O

There are some very strange people around. LoL

But in saying that the Israelis use female instructors to train there young tank school recruits they reckon it motivates them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Grenny said:

If there had been a better applicant...he/she would do the job. It's not exactly that people are lining up do get a loaders job ...or any army job for that matter  :-(

 

In fact nowadays you need to fullfill 2 criteria: you need to have a pulse and a german passport....

Is it true the DE Army is union?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stick to the subject please!! It is July 31, What is it gonna be SSNAKE ?! RELEASE 4.0 YES OR NO in AUGUST 2016???????????????????????????????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, haraldhe said:

Stick to the subject please!! It is July 31, What is it gonna be SSNAKE ?! RELEASE 4.0 YES OR NO in AUGUST 2016???????????????????????????????

To be or not to be........ an august release :-)

 

Its nailbiting and even on beta test front  one can't make a prediction :-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Standard deviation, aka, the bell curve. Sure, in general women tend to be physically weaker than men, but that is only in general. I have a few female friends that a lot of guys wouldn't want to tangle with in a fight. Also, I will take a person with the right mindset and intellect over physical ability any day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Grenny said:

To be or not to be........ an august release :-)

 

Its nailbiting and even on beta test front  one can't make a prediction :-(

 

That is sad :| but at least you can enjoy BMP2 and other toys. Positive way of see things ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vikingo said:

 

That is sad :| but at least you can enjoy BMP2 and other toys. Positive way of see things ;)

Well, I really love SB for its MP games...so there not much you can do with the BMP-2 if you have to play alone :-/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Grenny said:

Well, I really love SB for its MP games...so there not much you can do with the BMP-2 if you have to play alone :-/

 

Got it :| So... lets still hope for some news when SSnake go to the office on Monday or something like that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

01 AUG here.

 

Feels like the final verdict will fall from the sky or will rise from hell at any moment now...:/ High F5 tension times ^_^ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vikingo said:

 

Feels like the final verdict will fall from the sky or will rise from hell at any moment now...:/ High F5 tension times ^_^ 

keep-calm-and-press-f5-22.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes! Furia xD Easy so no overload the server like Gibsonm said ;) we "mind the gap" also! ^_^

 

Edited by Vikingo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless I have overlooked an important item (or misjudged the importance of reports submitted over the weekend) I think that we're ready to release 4.0 in the coming days. I'm currently preparing the release notes ... some 50+ pages ... and I think that we should definitely wait for the final verdict of the team on Tuesday. But it would be a real surprise if we don't greenlight the thing.

There's still work to do. The installer must be built, it must be uploaded, the torrent seed must be created, the web shop updated, etc. --- so, I think that it'll be Wednesday at the earliest, probably Thursday before everything is ready. But you should have good chances to have everything set up for the coming weekend. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...