Jump to content
Rotareneg

SB Pro PE 4.0 - Discussion thread

Recommended Posts

GMT-3 TimeZone. Still July 31 here. Ssnake report in time !!! B| 

 

YYYYEEEEEAAAAHHHHHH!!!  :D 4.0 Green light !!!!!!!!!! :x Finally will be Plan-(A)ugust xD

 

Ready to share that torrent many times!! xD

 

Muchas gracias!!! :)

Edited by Vikingo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Unless I have overlooked an important item (or misjudged the importance of reports submitted over the weekend) I think that we're ready to release 4.0 in the coming days. I'm currently preparing the release notes ... some 50+ pages ... and I think that we should definitely wait for the final verdict of the team on Tuesday. But it would be a real surprise if we don't greenlight the thing.

There's still work to do. The installer must be built, it must be uploaded, the torrent seed must be created, the web shop updated, etc. --- so, I think that it'll be Wednesday at the earliest, probably Thursday before everything is ready. But you should have good chances to have everything set up for the coming weekend. :) 

 

Forget the team dammit !!! We have a breakthrough !!!

Somebody get me my uniform !!!

 

Great news :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

I'm currently preparing the release notes ... some 50+ pages ...

 

Nice. As odd as it sounds, I was looking forward to those almost as much as the update itself.

Edited by Rotareneg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad to hear.  Now I can do some real awesome 2nd ACR scenarios that go back to the days of the M60 and M113A2's.  Now if only they had an actual M3A1 I would be all set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rotareneg said:

 

Nice. As odd as it sounds, I was looking forward to those almost as much as the update itself.

 

Me too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

awesome, awesome, awesome news!! I can't even remember when I bought SBPro the first time. Must be over 10 years ago. I got surprised when I saw that if the USBstick breaks my license is gone...

 

Would be happy to pay well for a DX11/DX12 version as soon as possible.... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, inexus said:

I got surprised when I saw that if the USBstick breaks my license is gone...

 

That's not entirely accurate. As long as you can send back your old CM stick, we'll replace stick and license. Just don't lose it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi, im waiting for my cd copy of the version 3 pre pe (bought 4 days ago in esim games site with cd and stick)....i can update my version? (and the codemeter stick is valid i hope!!)..im in italy...thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jena73 said:

hi, im waiting for my cd copy of the version 3 pre pe (bought 4 days ago in esim games site with cd and stick)....i can update my version? (and the codemeter stick is valid i hope!!)..im in italy...thx

 

Yes you can upgrade your version (that's why it was offered at a discount).

 

The $85 you paid + $40 upgrade = Usual retail of $125.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

 

Yes you can upgrade your version (that's why it was offered at a discount).

 

The $85 you paid + $40 upgrade = Usual retail of $125.

thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news.

 

Have used all my leave days up for the summer

Going through a medical dictionary as we speak. LoL

 

Me on Wednesday /Thursday

Yes-Yes-Yes-WWE-Gif.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news, unfortunately, I will be leaving next week for WARSIM training at Ft Leavenworth, KS. Seems with all their wisdom, they will move me to a new job, called "Work Cell Controller" either Maneuver or Fires, will be working with BN/CO troops during Warfighter Exercise instead of Brigade TOCs :)

 

But enough of my trouble, I have my credit card ready, and will play it this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Unless I have overlooked an important item (or misjudged the importance of reports submitted over the weekend) I think that we're ready to release 4.0 in the coming days. I'm currently preparing the release notes ... some 50+ pages ... and I think that we should definitely wait for the final verdict of the team on Tuesday. But it would be a real surprise if we don't greenlight the thing.

There's still work to do. The installer must be built, it must be uploaded, the torrent seed must be created, the web shop updated, etc. --- so, I think that it'll be Wednesday at the earliest, probably Thursday before everything is ready. But you should have good chances to have everything set up for the coming weekend. :) 

What is the normal situation with server licenses when updates are out. I guess they will have to be upgraded also...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ssnake,

 

good news but take your time to check the 4.xx version.

I can wait 4 weeks longer, absolutly no problem.

 

cheers

 

D u k e

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Swordsmandk said:

What is the normal situation with server licenses when updates are out. I guess they will have to be upgraded also...

 

Usually there is a lag of a couple of days between the standard version and the server version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The server will run on the same license as it currently does. What's needed is the server executable. Contact me after release, I should have the URL ready then. Until then, there's too much other stuff to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, D u k e said:

Hi Ssnake,

 

good news but take your time to check the 4.xx version.

I can wait 4 weeks longer, absolutly no problem.

 

cheers

 

D u k e

 

 

*Slaps Duke*

 

Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Rotar for the first post of this thread, It has made searching for the 4.0 information and videos much easier. It is appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, D u k e said:

Hi Ssnake,

 

good news but take your time to check the 4.xx version.

I can wait 4 weeks longer, absolutly no problem.

 

cheers

 

D u k e

 

 

Feed him to the Squirrels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...