SB Pro PE 4.0 - Discussion thread

Rotareneg

10 hours ago, Major duck said:

Yes but that is one of the advantges of a time limited licence you get the latested upgrade as long as your licence last but in the long run the bill will much more expensive

Awesome. 

I bought a one year licence 11 months ago, haven't played for more than a few hours max. 

Now I'm finally getting into it, and there's a nice update coming. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
11 hours ago, Major duck said:

Yes but that is one of the advantges of a time limited licence you get the latested upgrade as long as your licence last but in the long run the bill will much more expensive

"Much more expensive" ... I disagree. Assuming that you buy a new one-year license immediately after the old one runs out, and that the alternative is to buy upgrade licenses for the CM stick whenever a major upgrade is released, we estimate the break-even point to be five to seven years (depending a bit on how expensive the upgrade licenses are and how often they are being released).

4 hours ago, Marko said:

Enjoy your videos Matsimus but be careful of copyright issues, using the official Esim logo for your video on a copyrighted movie

It mite not end well.

The movie is under fair use copyrights so it isn't flagged and YouTube is fine with it as is Sony entertainment (Films creators). the video is also not monetized so i make no money out of it at all. And granted i Should have asked Ssnake, but he has given me authrization to use some of his videos in the past so hopefully he has a good sense of humor :-)

Plus I can probably safely say I have helped Esim games sell quite a few extra copies in the last year.. ;-)

Thanks for the kind words and heads up though. I appreciate it :-)

1 hour ago, JohnO said:

This may be a dumb question, I know that there is a 50+ page PDF that Ssnake is working on, will there be a SB Pro PE updated Manual that will be on sale at the same time that 4.0 goes on sale?

Doubt it.

The printed book is often well behind the PDF in the software.

Of course nothing stopping you from printing off said PDF and stapling it. :)

On 8/1/2016 at 1:40 AM, Ssnake said:

Unless I have overlooked an important item (or misjudged the importance of reports submitted over the weekend) I think that we're ready to release 4.0 in the coming days. I'm currently preparing the release notes ... some 50+ pages ... and I think that we should definitely wait for the final verdict of the team on Tuesday. But it would be a real surprise if we don't greenlight the thing.

There's still work to do. The installer must be built, it must be uploaded, the torrent seed must be created, the web shop updated, etc. --- so, I think that it'll be Wednesday at the earliest, probably Thursday before everything is ready. But you should have good chances to have everything set up for the coming weekend. :) 

its a little past tuesday now, was the decision made?

1 hour ago, guccimanetraplord said:

its a little past tuesday now, was the decision made?

if you want to know, a few more game-breaking crash bugs were found, and is in the process of being fixed.  so if you want to have the best possible experience with the new SB version, oil yourself well up with a bit more patience and sit tight. 

Edited by dejawolf

1 hour ago, dejawolf said:

if you want to know, a few more game-breaking crash bugs were found, and is in the process of being fixed.  so if you want to have the best possible experience with the new SB version, oil yourself well up with a bit more patience and sit tight. 

is there a possibility of 4.0 being delayed till december/2017 still?

thanks for the update

Edited by guccimanetraplord

Hey it is better to be delayed for 6 more months then to have it released only to find 48hrs later that it crashes all the time on some machines for some obscure reasons...

And by then team is already buried with tasks for military clients. And then you have broken client and developer unable to help you any time soon. Worst case scenario imho.

Esims tried their best to meet the deadline, it didnt happened so ok - postpone the game & release it when it is tested & bugs free. 

• Members

No crashes, as far as we know. It's more like changes that we did to improve certain things that turned out to have a big disadvantage that we just discovered, and that combined with a compiler bug.

Why do these things always have to come up at the last minute? o.O

Regardless, I have faith in the team's ability to handle this, but of course this pushes us back about a day.

27 minutes ago, BigBadVuk said:

Hey it is better to be delayed for 6 more months then to have it released only to find 48hrs later that it crashes all the time on some machines for some obscure reasons...

And by then team is already buried with tasks for military clients. And then you have broken client and developer unable to help you any time soon. Worst case scenario imho.

Esims tried their best to meet the deadline, it didnt happened so ok - postpone the game & release it when it is tested & bugs free. 

Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?  :P

You where faster then me ssnake

Edited by Major duck