SB Pro PE 4.0 - Discussion thread

Rotareneg

• Members
5 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Can I just confirm the "secondary license" upgrade plan.

I'm assuming upgrading 1 x Primary and 7 x Secondaries will be basically 8 x US$40.00 (or thereabouts)?

I wouldn't mind that, but there's a way to save more than 100 bucks:

Buy (only) one upgrade ($40.-) and seven "new" secondary licenses (7 x $25.-) = $215.- in total, not $320.-

Once that the upgrade license has been applied the new secondary licenses may activate.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Ssnake said:

I wouldn't mind that, but there's a way to save more than 100 bucks:

Buy (only) one upgrade ($40.-) and seven "new" secondary licenses (7 x $25.-) = $215.- in total, not $320.-

Once that the upgrade license has been applied the new secondary licenses may activate.

Upgrade up to 4.0 will be cost 40$? How much will cost the monthly subscription?

Edited by Varjag

2 hours ago, Kingtiger said:

I do not want an opfor VU. Think it feels wrong And condescending to just call it opfor. 

I rather see a soviet influenced VU that are up for h2h now an then with both sides using correct tactics for respective units. :)

There's an awful lot of training required to fight using soviet doctrine .

On the face of it may look like just be massed and fast charging straight at your opponent.

Moving large formations even on SB maps and co-ordinating there movement is pretty challenging.

Untimely though if a VU gets it right its a very impressive thing to see as a player. And a intimidating sight for your opfor

3 hours ago, Kingtiger said:

I do not want an opfor VU. Think it feels wrong And condescending to just call it opfor. 

I rather see a soviet influenced VU that are up for h2h now an then with both sides using correct tactics for respective units. :)

Well let me refrase then. A VU built on russian/eastern tactics. A VU with the knowledge to setup some good H2H scenarios that are both correct and fair setup. 

For me at least as a mission designer I find it hard to match up two forces with respectively equipment, tactics and knowledge of the eastern doctrines. I dont care if I loose or win as long as its done correctly 8)

Hope that is a better answer. Hell, would even play red myself often.

41 minutes ago, Swordsmandk said:

Well let me refrase then. A VU built on russian/eastern tactics. A VU with the knowledge to setup some good H2H scenarios that are both correct and fair setup. 

For me at least as a mission designer I find it hard to match up two forces with respectively equipment, tactics and knowledge of the eastern doctrines. I dont care if I loose or win as long as its done correctly 8)

Hope that is a better answer. Hell, would even play red myself often.

In SVU we normally went with a 3-1 ratio but in reality it could have been much more.

Given the talk about soviet tactics, I though some of you might be interested in this article https://20thcenturywargaming.wordpress.com/2013/06/16/why-cold-war-warsaw-pact-tactics-work-in-wargaming/ 

Anyway, I havent played Steel Beasts yet (waiting for 4.0 before getting a temp license to try it out) but Id be all over a Soviet VU if given the chance, big fan of soviet equipment!

57 minutes ago, Sith said:

Given the talk about soviet tactics, I though some of you might be interested in this article https://20thcenturywargaming.wordpress.com/2013/06/16/why-cold-war-warsaw-pact-tactics-work-in-wargaming/ 

Anyway, I havent played Steel Beasts yet (waiting for 4.0 before getting a temp license to try it out) but Id be all over a Soviet VU if given the chance, big fan of soviet equipment!

There are a few SB players I know of with an interest in Soviet equipment and tactics.

The problem I found when I ran a Soviet equipped unit is there is not enough to interest you need at least ten players

And you need to put a lot of training hour in, the concept of a well trained VU competent in soviet tactics is a good one IMO.

Soviet tactic do work. but are very rigid.

One of the biggest MP campaigns I have seen in SB.

The C/O's of both sides used correct doctrine/tactics for there  sides not gamer tactics and the red side won the campaign.

Thanks for the link what an interesting read.

Edited by Marko

Ok I already have a game stick(dongle) with 3.28 license on it. I'm going to want the Classic unlimited game so I will only pay $40 or what ever they are going to charge this time. I will download that and update the license for my game stick(dongle). Is this the way I read this. I'm not wanting the wkly, monthly, or annual. I'm going to buy the 4.0 unlimited.

2 hours ago, Skyshark said:

Ok I already have a game stick(dongle) with 3.28 license on it. I'm going to want the Classic unlimited game so I will only pay $40 or what ever they are going to charge this time. I will download that and update the license for my game stick(dongle). Is this the way I read this. I'm not wanting the wkly, monthly, or annual. I'm going to buy the 4.0 unlimited.

Your answer is under " 1: Do you already have a CodeMeter stick? " in the first post of this thread (Click the title to go there.):

7 hours ago, Marko said:

The C/O's of both sides used correct doctrine/tactics for there  sides not gamer tactics and the red side won the campaign.

You might want to re-phase that as it was "very close" or something.

Starting the last mission with several CR2 parking in water (when every serviceable vehicle was vital) isn't quite "used correct doctrine/tactics for their sides" :)

31 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

You might want to re-phase that as it was "very close" or something.

Starting the last mission with several CR2 parking in water (when every serviceable vehicle was vital) isn't quite "used correct doctrine/tactics for their sides" :)

Not meant as a criticism Gibsonm yes it was close thing and a most enjoyable experience I should add.

I hope such an event takes place again with the type of player numbers available. 

And there were a few issues, 

You had very experienced players and newbies, and AFV.s with different capabilities unfortunately the CR-2 were not water tight. LoL

I was simply making the point Soviet Doctrine can be effective.

Alas, not much for the Russian equipment as far as ground units past the IS series. (Armata is still too new and untried, thus unsure there.) Crew protection is most important in my mind.

However, I do love the Russian aircraft. If they have the electronics that NATO aircraft tend to have, then they are something scary to behold I think.

On 8/6/2016 at 6:18 AM, Marko said:

There are a few SB players I know of with an interest in Soviet equipment and tactics.

The problem I found when I ran a Soviet equipped unit is there is not enough to interest you need at least ten players

And you need to put a lot of training hour in, the concept of a well trained VU competent in soviet tactics is a good one IMO.

Soviet tactic do work. but are very rigid.

One of the biggest MP campaigns I have seen in SB.

Thanks for the link what an interesting read.

Would you happen to have a video of that operation? Sounds awesome.

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Would you happen to have a video of that operation? Sounds awesome.

Here it´s a good Part and well explained by Krause

Full Discription File http://www.krauselabs.net/dump/redtide85day7opord.html

IF you still own SB there is the Full AAR File in the Discription of the Video

Edited by StKpPzBrig18

3 hours ago, jena73 said:

today is the DAY, the release day...or not? ciao

IMO, Probably best if he doesn't give us a definite date just releases it when ready.

That way he will avoid disappointment if the release date is missed.