Jump to content

SB Pro PE 4.0 - Discussion thread


Rotareneg
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see a big improvement on the AI, they react faster,use better hull down positions etc, but i dont see this on the release notes.You have really improved the "IA" or am I imagining things?

I havent seen yet an AI tank on a defensive position moving into the reverse slope!

Edited by Colebrook
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not a fan of the new infantry marching animation. In 3.028 troops walked at a fairly natural quicktime pace. Now it's something like watching a 1920s movie. Plus, when they're in column formation they can't seem to keep their interval. Close up/slow down/close up/slow down.

??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can excuse me SSNAKE, official has a patch repair SB4 in under the non-english system collapse? Before when SB3 installed directly can play the game, now are still a little crash bugs, SB4 bought SB4 at present there are four people in my side, but only two people can go in the game interface, the other two updated CODEMETER, reshipment VCC++, change system area for English, still can't go in the game.

 

I hope you can have a fix, I already wrap up my CRASHDUMP file upload, in previous posts

Thank you very much SSNAKE and your team's hard work:P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Can excuse me SSNAKE, official has a patch repair SB4 in under the non-english system collapse?

 

We'll do what we can; the switch to English locale was only suggested for testing purposes. I cannot yet promise a fix because I haven't yet spoken to the programmers about your case, so I don't know what it entails. The problem ultimately is, if this is Microsoft's fault of messing up system libraries, there isn't really much that we can do about it. But IF there's something that we can do, we will.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Ssnake said:

See here.

 

I can but recommend to reduce the ground clutter, and where it doesn't hurt, to reduce visibility in scenarios (e.g. by adding rain). These seem to be the two steps (aside from our general tweaking recommendations in the user's manual) that promise substantial gains in frame rate.

Of course we'll do our part as well, and try to widen the current bottlenecks in the system. But that's a slow-moving process.

ok, thanx for the tips. Tried them without luck. IT's the engine and i ve to live with that, i guess.

"Widen the bottlenecks" - good approach, but my i7 has 4+4 cores and runs with 4.6 GHZ. It is quite as fast as the newest intel 4 core. So NO chance to widen. My GTX980TI Amp Extreme is one of the the fastest GTX980TI - so no bottleneck to widen. I ve a fast SSD, and an expensive mainboard. Last but not least my ram: 16 GB - i'm not sure but it cant be a bottleneck. I cant image that increasing ram to 32 gives me 10+ fps... nevertheless i love the game! Thanx!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Ssnake said:

 

I cannot memorize every support case that is currently flying through the air, and I will not scroll back in this monster thread to find out what you described before. Please consolidate your report in a separate thread, and put it into the support section. SOmeone will shortly come to your assistance there.

Sorry, i posted it in the support section :$

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ssnake said:

 

We'll do what we can; the switch to English locale was only suggested for testing purposes. I cannot yet promise a fix because I haven't yet spoken to the programmers about your case, so I don't know what it entails. The problem ultimately is, if this is Microsoft's fault of messing up system libraries, there isn't really much that we can do about it. But IF there's something that we can do, we will.

SSnake

 

In SB3. X times, although we never change the area of English, also use traditional Chinese (also the player with use simplified Chinese), but SB3. X has been able to run normally, without any problems.

 

I have to explain, at present to switch into English this way, not all of us, except me and two are effective, but so far I know there will be 3 people tried this way and has no effect, however, the game still can't run. This method can only be used as a reference so switching area, is not to say do this method we will be able to run the game.:(

 

If you can in the next patch to fix this BUG non-english system crash, it will be very good!:D

 

 

QQ圖片20160811175436.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Haferja said:

ok, thanx for the tips. Tried them without luck. IT's the engine and i ve to live with that, i guess.

"Widen the bottlenecks" - good approach, but my i7 has 4+4 cores and runs with 4.6 GHZ. It is quite as fast as the newest intel 4 core. So NO chance to widen. My GTX980TI Amp Extreme is one of the the fastest GTX980TI - so no bottleneck to widen. I ve a fast SSD, and an expensive mainboard. Last but not least my ram: 16 GB - i'm not sure but it cant be a bottleneck. I cant image that increasing ram to 32 gives me 10+ fps... nevertheless i love the game! Thanx!

Not at the hardware end, but with software.

There will be certain parts of code which are slower than they need to be *and* hold up other tasks. Maybe they are fast enough, but run more often than is strictly needed.

If you improve the speed of the fastest bits by a lot, very little happens, but if the bottlenecks can be eased then overall performance can increase noticeably.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Marko said:

+1

I was very pleased to discover how effective the T-55AM can be if it survives long enough to use the AT-10.

I managed to take out three Leo-2A6 with a company of T-55AM's lost seven of them but talk about breathing new life in to an old dog.

Had that been in a T-62 or T-55A/M they wouldn't have stood a chance in relatively open ground

 

 

The AM is drivable?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awesome update ESim !!!!!!   My Leclerc has been destroyed by getting hit head-on in the GPS dog house and the mantlet by an RBS 70 HE projectile (300 mm CE penetration). How is this possible ? Even if the GPS were to be hit it should only destroy the  GPS and not the entire vehicle. Also i thought the mantlet of the Leclerc should manage to cope with any projectiles with 500 mm CE and below penetrative performance. Also, the lower front hull is quite vulnerable. The Leclerc seems to be best used hull down and with a shoot and scoot strategy in place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the little I've been playing today, I don't seem to have much of an impact on the FPS (but I've only played very very small scenarios), if anything it runs better.

 

I was amazed over the precipitation, it did more to the atmosphere than I had anticipated, it looked great.

 

I'll dig deeper into this tomorrow and over the weekend but thumbs up so far.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
10 hours ago, Haferja said:

"Widen the bottlenecks" - good approach, but my i7 has 4+4 cores and runs with 4.6 GHZ. It is quite as fast as the newest intel 4 core. So NO chance to widen.

 

I was referring to us, not you. Software procedure calls also create "code bottlenecks", these are the ones that we must address.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, lavictoireestlavie said:

My Leclerc has been destroyed by getting hit head-on in the GPS dog house and the mantlet by an RBS 70 HE projectile (300 mm CE penetration). How is this possible ?

 

Please put issues like this into the Support section, and whenever possible, make screenshots to illustrate the hit location (and direction).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lavictoireestlavie said:

Awesome update ESim !!!!!!   My Leclerc has been destroyed by getting hit head-on in the GPS dog house and the mantlet by an RBS 70 HE projectile (300 mm CE penetration). How is this possible ? Even if the GPS were to be hit it should only destroy the  GPS and not the entire vehicle. Also i thought the mantlet of the Leclerc should manage to cope with any projectiles with 500 mm CE and below penetrative performance. Also, the lower front hull is quite vulnerable. The Leclerc seems to be best used hull down and with a shoot and scoot strategy in place.

This should answer the question:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=File:Leclerc_Armor.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...