SB Pro PE 4.0 - Discussion thread

Rotareneg

4 hours ago, lavictoireestlavie said:

Awesome update ESim !!!!!!   My Leclerc has been destroyed by getting hit head-on in the GPS dog house and the mantlet by an RBS 70 HE projectile (300 mm CE penetration). How is this possible ? Even if the GPS were to be hit it should only destroy the  GPS and not the entire vehicle. Also i thought the mantlet of the Leclerc should manage to cope with any projectiles with 500 mm CE and below penetrative performance. Also, the lower front hull is quite vulnerable. The Leclerc seems to be best used hull down and with a shoot and scoot strategy in place.

that's right, and the reason for the armour thickness is this: 
there's a thin raised section right behind the gunner for the turret drive, that goes straight into the interior. 

why in the world the designers would do this is beyond me. 

8110.jpg

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, dejawolf said:

that's right, and the reason for the armour thickness is this: 
there's a thin raised section right behind the gunner for the turret drive, that goes straight into the interior. 

why in the world the designers would do this is beyond me. 

8110.jpg

Good catch !!!  I wonder why they would do that like that. I guess they needed that space for maybe mounting the remote weapon station and new air conditioning unit conduit.

The following kills somewhat confuse me. The M426 and L28A1 KE prokjectiles have a penetrative pefromance of no more than 450 mm but yet they managed to pen the glacis. Also the RBS70 (Bolide) was able to penetrate the mantlet / left turret check. I am not sure if this is supposed to be like this given the armor distribution. Seems the Leclerc also seems to have a glass jaw just like the Challenger 2 but at least it can dish out with its OFL120 F1  and OFL120 F2. Is the effective range really just 3000m and 3500m effectively ?  I thought it was about 3500-4000m for those KE rounds. 

SS_23_03_15.jpg

SS_23_01_50.jpg

SS_23_03_49.jpg

SS_22_58_32.jpg

SS_23_40_50.jpg

SS_23_50_50.jpg

SS_23_03_15.jpg

SS_23_01_50.jpg

SS_23_03_49.jpg

SS_22_58_32.jpg

SS_23_40_50.jpg

SS_23_50_50.jpg

o1bVJJj.jpg

SS_23_03_15.jpg

SS_23_01_50.jpg

SS_23_03_49.jpg

SS_22_58_32.jpg

SS_23_40_50.jpg

SS_23_50_50.jpg

o1bVJJj.jpg

Edited by lavictoireestlavie

44 minutes ago, lavictoireestlavie said:

Good catch !!!  I wonder why they would do that like that. I guess they needed that space for maybe mounting the remote weapon station and new air conditioning unit conduit.

The following kills somewhat confuse me. The M426 and L28A1 KE prokjectiles have a penetrative pefromance of no more than 450 mm but yet they managed to pen the glacis. Also the RBS70 (Bolide) was able to penetrate the mantlet / left turret check. I am not sure if this is supposed to be like this given the armor distribution. Seems the Leclerc also seems to have a glass jaw just like the Challenger 2 but at least it can dish out with its OFL120 F1  and OFL120 F2. Is the effective range really just 3000m and 3500m effectively ?  I thought it was about 3500-4000m for those KE rounds. 

SS_23_03_49.jpg

this one looks to be wrong. it should be armour+fuel, but it seems like i painted just fuel, so i'll correct this.  the hits from the drivers area is correct from what i know. there's a cutout for the driver in that spot in the armour, similar to T-72 and challenger, which thins the armour. some of the turret hits looks like they need some adjustment as well

• Moderators

Everyone...

1. If there is more to say about Leclerc discussion then please move it into its own thread.

2. If you have bug reports and/or crashes to report then please report them in the Support Forum. I say this because if you post it here then it will likely get overlooked, which is not what we want.

just got back early from a trip due to bad weather..

what a nice surprise to se Sb 4.0 out earlier than this weekend. already downloading.:)

so i already bough the 40 dollar  upgrade liscense since i already have a codemeter stick . anywho will sb pro require a fresh install? SB 3.0 to be uninstalled first or will the installer detect 3.0 and simply upgrade?

Edited by Kev2go

I uninstalled everything and now I cannot get my license activated no matter what I do. Why in the world is it so convoluted to get this thing updated? I can't figure out what to do to get 4.0 working. Been trying for over six hours. Contacted 'Support'.

Addendum:

I have been attempting to load version 4.0. I've tried everything I can think of. I have downloaded and loaded version 4.0 and afterwards purchased the update license for for 40$. I've also downloaded the 6.30a Codemeter software for Win 10.

"Error: An internal error has occurred. Code= 0x1808001"

I tried the Offline Activation method many times. Still no go. Keep getting the 0x1808001 error code. One thing that is NOT happening with the Offline Activation option is getting a prompt to save a new file - xxxxxxxWibuCmRau after uploaded my RaC. It simply doesn't happen. Why? I don't know. Without it, I cannot save it and then import it for use.

I've also Updated the firmware.

Help... I'm at a loss.

Edited by Thadwb
Elaboration

Okay, lets talk M60A3 for a second.

I've only played with the TC spot a little bit.  What I notice is that when I go to the vision block view, I seem to get the TC's AA sight instead and the gunner immediately stops searching or engaging so that I can use my .50.

In a future version, can we get this sight reassigned to another command, such as ALT+F4, and also have a vision block view that lets us look through this sight without controlling the .50?  It seems like the best way for the TC to control and override the gunner.

8 hours ago, Thadwb said:

I uninstalled everything and now I cannot get my license activated no matter what I do. Why in the world is it so convoluted to get this thing updated? I can't figure out what to do to get 4.0 working. Been trying for over six hours. Contacted 'Support'.

Addendum:

I have been attempting to load version 4.0. I've tried everything I can think of. I have downloaded and loaded version 4.0 and afterwards purchased the update license for for 40$. I've also downloaded the 6.30a Codemeter software for Win 10.

I tried the Offline Activation method many times. Still no go. Keep getting the 0x1808001 error code. One thing that is NOT happening with the Offline Activation option is getting a prompt to save a new file - xxxxxxxWibuCmRau after uploaded my RaC. It simply doesn't happen. Why? I don't know. Without it, I cannot save it and then import it for use.

I've also Updated the firmware.

Help... I'm at a loss.

Hi Thadwb ,

Try using Internet Exporer in Win 10 to activate your new license , it worked for me on the second attempt .

• Members
9 hours ago, Thadwb said:

I uninstalled everything and now I cannot get my license activated no matter what I do.

Error 0x18080001 can have different reasons. Please contact me by email, I'll check your case and see if I can identify the issue.

Now that I finally got V4.000 running (had initial problems with MS .dll's) I must congratulate eSim to an awesome update!

It runs really good (64bit), love the new particle system, all the new vehicles, smoothing of roads, and what more. Have only scratched the surface yet.

Fantastic to see the continuing development of this sim, you have a very strong and dedicated community so I hope for another prosperous 10yrs! :D (to start with).

Well done! 

Edited by Ingolf

Since today, full program and 1 year-licenses are available via www.okaysoft.de, but license upgrades are "preordered". I wonder what preordering should be  for a digitally delivered stuff - a license code in this case? Okay, so i bought it nevertheless, and still must wait.  :(

I use a Windows 7 of update status from autumn last year (I do all on Linux and run a W7 partition only and exclusively as sim- and game-launcher, isolated as much as possible from online activities and connecting to MS servers especially, due to their crappy W10 promotion stunts. So my Windows does not get updated anymore, intentionally, and doe snot get used for anything different than serving as a game launching platform, if possible offline. I hope I do not run into problems with some outdated Microsoft code and dll's.

No, I do not like W10, nor do I plan to ever do business again with MS. ¬¬

:D

You do not have to hold the laser button down.  It does help to track the target for a couple of seconds.  The problem I have is not knowing if I have an accurate lase.  There is no range indicator in the sight and without a human TC I have no way of knowing if the lase was accurate or not.  I send many rounds way over targets.

Edited by TSe419E

Looks as if I got V4.0 up and running first try. Nothing for it but to try the Sho't Kal, as close to my old Centurion as I'll probably ever get. Worked out pretty well: gun-sight picture of a T-62; and two quick engagements - 2 x HESH rounds on the left, 3 x Sabot rounds on the right, one after the other in quick succession. I'm a very happy camper! B|

Early innings yet, but Thanks, SB team. Looks like you've done very well indeed! 

SS_22_23_18.jpg

SS_21_57_45.jpg

11 hours ago, TSe419E said:

You do not have to hold the laser button down.  It does help to track the target for a couple of seconds.  The problem I have is not knowing if I have an accurate lase.  There is no range indicator in the sight and without a human TC I have no way of knowing if the lase was accurate or not.  I send many rounds over over targets.

i have noticed the last bit as well. :/

Edited by Kev2go