Which tank would you like to play in SB?

DemolitionMan

Apart from the T-72 of course...but hey, so many tanks have been designed since WW2. As SB covers roughly the 1970s-today, and with the inclusion of the T-55 even back to the 1950s, which tank would you like to see in it and why?

My pick...the C H I E F T A I N

205duvk.jpg

29ykwna.jpg

28lrx9y.jpg

Ever since I read "Chieftains" by Bob Forrest-Webb I am in love with it. For me it´s the sexiest Cold War tank. It looks the way a MBT has to, especially with Stillbrew and TOGS. The British did IMO a fabulous job with it. It might be underpowered, but hey, it weight 55tons and had a 120mm gun-back in 1967! I´d love to command, drive and gun one in SB-and replay "Chieftains" with it.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the T-80U in the game doesnt have TIS. and there is no T-72 with TIS.

?

From the Wiki:

Only very recent upgrades to the T90S and T80UM fleet incorporate TIS systems, this option is present by default in the T80U provided within the simulation. With a TIS the T80U becomes a highly dangerous opponent, able to effectively fight at longer ranges than the current western MBT, and providing a tough and small target.

Confused... :confused:

Regards,

-Rump

The T80U should not have a TIS, only the later T90S and T80UM/T84 models.

By default the SB T80U has a TIS, so to correctly model the capabilities of the 'common' T80U, you should disable the TIS in the scenario editor.

The 3d model presents an IR eqipped model: the IR searchlight to the right of the gun is not present when TIS is retrofitted - see the Georgian T72B-SIM1 upgrades from the recent war, and compare to the T72B. The ERA coverage is much more extensive when the IR searchlight doesn't require mounting.

How about the M-163 Vulcan Air Defense System (VADS) mounted on the M113 or a mounted Minigun on Hummers, and what about the old 40mm M42 Duster Yea ! baby . I think this would be a blast on gound targets as well on the hinds. Let me rain 20mm and 40mm cannon fire down range boys !! And like I said many yrs ago ! wheres my M60 Tank ?