Which tank would you like to play in SB?

DemolitionMan

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not puting my hand on that but I do think we need a new tank, say, a Merkava mk4 or Mk3 baz the US should licence and mod the merkava into a US style tank like mixing a Mk4 with a M1A2.

I think TUSK upgrade is good enough.

And the name sorta reminds me of "Mammoth tusk missiles" of Mammoth tanks in C&C series RTS games... :debile2:

...That said, will someone attach M202 flame rocket launchers on both sides of Abrams turret? Now we have true TUSK upgrade. :sonic:

Why do we need a new tank? I don't see anything wrong with the one we have now.

I do see some issues with TUSK...Mainly that all the crap on the turret makes it a damn big target to spot in tank on tank combat.

I wonder if a better option than the remote weapons system would have been to replace the A1 style cupola with one that was fully motorized and perhaps at least partially stabilized.

...That said, will someone attach M202 flame rocket launchers on both sides of Abrams turret? Now we have true TUSK upgrade. :sonic:

Ohhh, and how about a second set of grenade launchers loaded with HE/FRAG...

anyone seen future weapons on discovery channel? the UK MoD labs have come up with an EMS (Electro-Magnetic Shield). What it does is it sends out a static shield 2ft around the tank the system its fitted to and triggers the explosive warhead ie HE or HESH rounds and missiles.

I thought the whole EM protection was supposed to work by having a charged standoff skirt like old WW2 German Schurtzen, except electrically charged... something about the charge would arc when a round penetrated the outer skirt, and would therefore vaporize the round before penetrating the main armor.

... that said, wouldn't it require a TON of generating capacity to run the damn things? And something makes me think that all that electrical potential surrounding your tank if a bit a hazard for the crew. Seems like there's a lot that could go wrong.

...but I'm no physicist, what do I know?

I thought the whole EM protection was supposed to work by having a charged standoff skirt like old WW2 German Schurtzen, except electrically charged... something about the charge would arc when a round penetrated the outer skirt, and would therefore vaporize the round before penetrating the main armor.

... that said, wouldn't it require a TON of generating capacity to run the damn things? And something makes me think that all that electrical potential surrounding your tank if a bit a hazard for the crew. Seems like there's a lot that could go wrong.

you mean the british electrical armour?

from what i've read, it should work by vaporizing the copper used in HEAT warheads.

here's an article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/digitallife/main.jhtml?xml=/connected/2002/08/21/ecnmod21.xml

http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2002/08/54641

http://www.armedforces-int.com/categories/electric-armour/new-age-electric-armour-tough-enough-to-face-modern-threats.asp

so basically, it has minimal, if any effect against Sabot.

you mean the british electrical armour?

so basically, it has minimal, if any effect against Sabot.

well theres that but it does stop enemy from using any other weapon on the tank, so essentailly it'll be a stand of with just tank on tank. it would take away that air support right out the picture and infantry support. after that i think tactics come into play.

Id expect the crew would be insulated inside the tank, i think it would be safe for the crew but the question would be would anyone outside tank be safe? could they touch the hull without having a heart attack?:D

i think they've adapted an electric engine to the already existing diesel engine, so it runs like a dyno. but sayin that the engine was fitted to a warrior testing vehicle. i think if it was to be armed it would be a 2 man crew due to space in the vehicle. a remote controlled turret and such i think would be fitted. a driver and commander/gunner.

it would take away that air support right out the picture and infantry support.

Hmm, a 1000lb bomb going off 2ft further away doesn't make much of a difference methinks.

could they touch the hull without having a heart attack?:D

No pacemakers allowed within 2ft of this tank.

Health and safety would have a field day

:biggrin:

ok ok maybe a 1000 lb bomb would probably do something but it would be difficult if its moving :D

well i think i sign sayin, anyone with heart problems stay 5ft away from the vehicle lol though it would be funny if a terrorist would have a pacemaker and stopped dead before he can even achieve his goal lol

CV-90/120? Yhea okay why the hell not. Looks interesting.

BMP-2? Sure, but sooner the BMP-1 than the BMP-3.

M901 ITV...Agreed 1000%!!

The M8 is not the same as the Stingray, but I would like to see the Stingray in here someday. As for the striker...Please...No...We should be using M113's instead of that bloated POS...

Maj Hans, have you ever been in combat on a Stryker?

I have. They are anything but a bloated POS.

They're not a tank, they're not DESIGNED to be a tank, and they're not built to fight other tanks. But then again, neither are M113s. And when used properly, they are fantastic vehicles. If you'd like an objective assessment from someone that's actually ridden one of them in combat, send me a PM