Rolling Thunder 16 - Update

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Swordsmandk said:

If I can rally enough people from Kanium site then we might be able to take an entire COY if need be.

OK but will they all want to remain in that one company, or would they be happy to be spread around a bit?

OK no immediate rush - just want to make sure I tell whoever the CO is going to be that this group is a "block" or if it can split.

If they want to remain a group and the CO wants to make the company a mixed unit (say 2 Tk Pls and 1 x Mech Pl) will the guys in the 3rd Tk Pl go with the tanks or remain with the Company and man say Marders instead?

For those who have asked.

Once Mission 2 is ready, I intend to generate a thread per Mission.

This will include:

1. The Brigade Command's Orders.

2. Suitable imagery to support the CO's planning.

3. The section of the Manning List relevant to that mission (extracted from here).

Then that thread can focus on that specific mission.

Once the mission is "rock solid" I'll post a copy in the relevant thread, so the mission COs and DE Kompanie, US Troop and UK Squadron / Company commanders can develop suitable plan files.

Ideally I'd like the CO to develop a broad plan and then pass it around their subordinates to add the sub unit plans and then for the CO to have the final say.

Then we can load the aggregated, agreed, plan at mission start.

Mission 1:                             II/4./203: 4 x Leo 2A4

Mission 2:                      anywhere needed

Misssion 3:           1 Tp, A Sqn (T11): 4 x CR2

Thanks,

Conn

I would like to volunteer to be a tank company commander for all three missions (e.g. KpChef/3./203 or KpChef/4./203 in mission 1).  I do have a caveat, unfortunately, in that I won't know for sure that I will be able to attend until about a week prior to the event.  I fully expect that I will be able to attend, of course. With that in mind, if it would be best for me to leave CO slots open for other volunteers, that's perfectly fine with me, I'm willing to fill in for any tank as necessary. I can go into further detail regarding my situation via private message, if you'd like.  Oh, and I'm "Cupcake" online and on TS, so probably best to use that for the manning list because, as the name implies, I'm sweet and everyone wants me. ;)

On 04/05/2016 at 10:50 PM, Bond_Villian said:

Actually I hadn't meant to volunteer as Company commander! (didnt realise it was fully manned already) But ill give it a go anyway, and i can confirm ill be there for mission one at least.

God help us.

Ah sorry "in" as opposed to "as"?

Will adjust it.

I don't think "fully manned will matter. As I said earlier if the person who is the CO needs to move people for their plan to work then I expect people who want to crew a Leo to be able to crew a Leo just not perhaps exactly where they "requested".

Of course if "Bill" demands to play with "Joe" or they both wont play, I'll try my best to make that work but there is no point in having 12 people in one Platoon and no one across the rest of the Battalion.

Edited by Gibsonm

3 hours ago, AlphaOneSix said:

I would like to volunteer to be a tank company commander for all three missions (e.g. KpChef/3./203 or KpChef/4./203 in mission 1).  I do have a caveat, unfortunately, in that I won't know for sure that I will be able to attend until about a week prior to the event.  I fully expect that I will be able to attend, of course. With that in mind, if it would be best for me to leave CO slots open for other volunteers, that's perfectly fine with me, I'm willing to fill in for any tank as necessary. I can go into further detail regarding my situation via private message, if you'd like.  Oh, and I'm "Cupcake" online and on TS, so probably best to use that for the manning list because, as the name implies, I'm sweet and everyone wants me. ;)

No don't need a PM (its not like you need permission not to be there).

As things firm up (i.e. we get closer) I'll tune the manning but will keep you up my sleeve as a "fireman" to fill a Company commander slot as required. :)

43 minutes ago, Zaphod said:

Are we required to have a hearty meal of beans for this rolling thunder mission?

Up to you.

After all we aren't all in the same room.

I suspect the USAF / USN bomber crews during Vietnam would have a different view.

Edited by Gibsonm
Forgot to mention US Navy

16 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Up to you.

After all we aren't all in the same room.

I suspect the USAF / USN bomber crews during Vietnam would have a different view.

Some how Major Duck comes to mind for some reason , wonder how he is? :)