[Kanium] Campaign - 11th ACR: Counterattack towards Schlitz - Sunday May the 15th 1800 UTC

[Kanium] Campaign - 11th ACR: Counterattack towards Schlitz - Sunday May the 15th 1800 UTC

World Clock

Teamspeak: Server info: teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077
PASSWORD: NO PASSWORD REQUIRED

We need a blue CO : ?

Opfor CO : Hedgehog

Briefing and Manning list will come up when we get closer

lQq1ajQ.png

Red Side

mT9iyuk.png

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just  a note. This is a side show campaign following 11th acr.

We do them when we have time and they will not interphere with Ystad campaign. 

I will put Manning list up in a few days so the Co can get a plan going. 

This will be with opfor human.

BLUE:

CO A Troop,  1st Squadron 11th ACR

Alpha 66 - 1x M1A1 

A66

Alpha 1 - 4x M1A1

A11

A12

A13

A14

Alpha 2 - 6x M3A2

A21

A22

A23

A24

A25

A26

Alpha 3 - 4x M1A1

A31

A32

A33

A34

Alpha 4 - 6x M3A2

A41

A42

A43

A44

A45

A46

CCS  PLT 

FO

RED

Hedge

(1 or 2 more)

Edited by Swordsmandk

Do you guys have skin pack for this?

If there is, I'd like to offer it to those playing Rolling Thunder Mission 2 so they can get their M1s and M3s ready.

This would be M1A1(HA) and M3(ODS) from the early 90s so if yours is from the 80s and for plain M1s / M3s it may not be suitable.

Thanks in advance.

Just  a note. This is a side show campaign following 11th acr.

We do them when we have time and they will not interphere with Ystad campaign. 

This will be with opfor human.

BLUE:

CO A Troop,  1st Squadron 11th ACR

Black 6 - 1x M1A1 

Black66 : Mirzayev

FO 

Black 78 : 

Red 1 - 4x M1A1

Red11 : 

Red12 : Chrisreb

Red13 : Cavgunner

Red14 : Zaphod

White 2 - 6x M3A2

White21 : Kingtiger

White22

White23 : Grimlokk

White24

White25

White26 : Skyshark

Blue 3 - 4x M1A1

Blue31 : Major Duck

Blue32 : Roerbaek

Blue33 : Dr. Hat

Blue34 : Tootall

Green 4 - 6x M3A2

Green41 : Abaddon

Green42

Green43

Green44

Green45

Green46

CCS  PLT 

FO

RED

HedgeHog

DeathdealerWhite23Delta

Edited by Major duck

Hello. Well, it's late, and I need to try and get some sleep before this is over, but, is there any chance that a newbie to Steel Beasts Pro PE could introduce himself to you all by acting as - very cheap, very easily destroyed - OPFOR?

If so, what kind of armor can I expect to crew, so I can train up my gunnery skills some to prepare my requisite AI?

Also, to be clear, I've never done a multiplayer session with this program (only Armored Warfare). I only just downloaded Steel Beasts Pro PE yesterday, and I've been at it all night long training my eye on both the M1A1 and M1A2 Abrams.

And of course, that also means that I've never involved myself in looking for a session, but I assume that will be possible when the time comes through the "Network Session" button included in the main menu list? An affirmative or negative on this would be loads of help to me.

To be clear, I spent most of my time as a driver, but, with a little training, I'm coming along fairly well with my skills (finally learned how to dump lead, just took me six years after leaving my branch to get it right), and I'm always up for a good time.

Much obliged by any response. Thank you.

Edit PS: Will I need the most recent hotfix? If so, please let me know, otherwise I'm still running only the 3.027 download.

Edited by DeathdealerWhite23Delta

You will indeed need the hotfix. You just need to download it and drop it into your Steel Beasts directory.

To join a multiplayer game, you will just click network, join, and then type in the IP of the server given on TeamSpeak.

Also, check the Wiki here: http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

It has a lot of good info, and should be able to answer a lot of questions you might have.

Edited by Mirzayev

4 minutes ago, Mirzayev said:

You will indeed need the hotfix. You just need to download it and drop it into your Steel Beasts directory.

To join a multiplayer game, you will just click network, join, and then type in the IP of the server given on TeamSpeak.

Also, check the Wiki here: http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

It has a lot of good info, and should be able to answer a lot of questions you might have.

Yes, sir, been reading that. Still have a few questions, but won't bore anyone here with them. I'll figure it out. Thank you for the response.

2 hours ago, DeathdealerWhite23Delta said:

And of course, that also means that I've never involved myself in looking for a session, but I assume that will be possible when the time comes through the "Network Session" button included in the main menu list? An affirmative or negative on this would be loads of help to me.

Hi and Welcome!

Yes you'll need 3.028. Most likely the 64 Bit version of 3.028.

I suspect if you are OPFOR to a US ACR then it will be Soviet kit.

As for joining a Network session, as detailed in the "Starter Pack":

How do I join in?

Steel Beasts varies from some other network games/simulations in the market in that is does not have servers running 24/7 that you just log onto and away you go.

Steel Beasts multi player events tend to be publicised on the forum prior to the event. Events advertised here.

Usually these events offer a Roster / Staff List / Similar name where you can record your expression of interest / desire to man a particular vehicle / unit as well as a date / time the event will be held.

Then, one the day, the process becomes:

1. Be at your computer approx 15 mins prior to mission start (the thread may specify a longer period).

2. Start TeamSpeak so you can communicate with the other players. Usually the default SB channels are what you use, sometimes you'll need to still use TeamSpeak but connect to a different server.

3. Start Steel Beasts (you will need the same version as everyone else - the current "default" is 3.028, 64Bit).

4. Select "Network Session".

5. Leave the "Act as" part as Client.

6. Type (or copy and paste) the IP address from the relevant thread or from the text box in TeamSpeak.

7. Adjust the entry in the Call sign box if you wish.

8. Click on "Go"

9. Select the relevant server from the list on the left hand side of the next screen (there is usually just one) and click on "Join".

You'll now be in the Assembly Area

10. If you don't already have the scenario, you'll be prompted to download it.

11. Review the vehicles / positions on offer in the list on the left hand side.

12. Click on a unit (usually as the Commander, but if multi crewing pick a different position - also usually say "yes" to allow others to enter the vehicle). Try to avoid "Observer" as it will limit what you can do.

If its the type of event where potential players indicate where they'd like to play in a post here then pick the slot you nominated for or if you hadn't wait until the people who have "booked" turn up and then ask the CO where they'd like you to go.

13. Indicate that you are "Ready"

14. Wait. The person commanding your side will probably then give you a brief, etc.

Edited by Gibsonm

Thank you very much, Mr. Gibson.

I've just recently started with some training in the 3.027 version with the T-72M1 (I assume that will be the available kit).

Unfortunately, I'm having some other difficulties, which I detailed in a separate post. But thank you again for the help concerning the Teamspeak, I've added that to my phone download so that I can speak with you all when the time comes.

Edit PS: Welp, that got fixed. :$:D

Onto training and preparing.

Edited by DeathdealerWhite23Delta