SEP CITV buttons

Apocalypse 31

Can we please get the CITV buttons in the keymapper? Currently there is no way to quickly switch between gunner line of sight and commanders viewer on the CITV interface without having to actually click the interface buttons.

The ingame Leopard 2 has its buttons mapped but not the SEP.

Umm. I think it is same on leopards. To change between gunners view and TCs TI, one has to actually click the button in TI monitor.

Changing polarity, Zoom, and so are key mapped on both.

Also I think its same on both...  Leos and Sep that F2 is commanders TI monitor view, and F3 is gunners view...  wait. No. on leopard F3 is commanders day periscope! Leopard 2 doesn't have key to quickly to change to gunners view unless TI monitor is set to gunners view? or am I mistaken? 

Though I agree. It would be nice to have this button that changes views on CITV or Monitor.. how ever that is called - between gunners and commanders viewer would be much appreciated. 

Aaah. That is correct, I didn't remember cause I so rarely use it.

Am I right that on SEP you talk about CITV GLOS and GPS GLOS button mappings that basically does same as ZU (down arrow) key on leopard?  :) 

Edited by Lumituisku
Took away nonsense

Citv gun line of sight, fcs mode meant for the TC to fire using the citv sight. Fcs also put into this mode after designated until TC releases palm switch. Then fcs goes back to citv scan modes. GPS gun line of sight, fcs mode meant for the TC to fire using the GPSSE sight. Also using GPS GLOS mode the citv sight will stay aline with the main gun. So when the TC presses his palm the TC will have control of the turret just like the m1. Apocalypse has a point. It would be nice and save time if those modes could be mapped to the keyboard.

• Moderators

Thanks for the suggestion, but there must to be a line drawn as to which buttons are mapped to keys, otherwise someone could make the case that just about everything should be mapped. Rhetorically speaking, why stop at those two buttons on the CITV, and what about (at least) the other buttons there? The crewman could have his left hand just about anywhere.

Considering that the buttons are right there in front of you, and considering that this is what the 3D interior is intended to be used for (all of these secondary buttons that you don't access constantly), then unfortunately the answer is that it is intentionally done this way.

I would just think the three buttons GPS GLOS, CITV GLOS and CITV SCAN modes would need to be mapped. The reason is that these three have to do with the Fire control mode of the tank, and it would reduce time by using a key to switch between modes instead of having to put the mouse pointer on the button itself. Time is very important during combat and interacting with the tank systems. IRL the TC can switch these modes fairly quickly with his left hand while the right hand is on the CCHA. Just my opinion.