loaders position?

RICH12ACE

Crew positions are hard coded. Cannot be done until the time is taken to finish tracers, road wheels, T-72, rain, night, very small birds, apple trees, squirrels, suspension, deep snow, fixed wing aircraft, civilians, porch lights, dogs, trash in the streets, Toyota pick up, Chevy crew cabs, 3d troops, curved roads, sunken roads, craters, and optional atmospheric temp settings ... Oh almost forgot, change version number to v7.42.

Crew positions are hard coded. Cannot be done until the time is taken to finish tracers, road wheels, T-72, rain, night, very small birds, apple trees, squirrels, suspension, deep snow, fixed wing aircraft, civilians, porch lights, dogs, trash in the streets, Toyota pick up, Chevy crew cabs, 3d troops, curved roads, sunken roads, craters, and optional atmospheric temp settings ... Oh almost forgot, change version number to v7.42.

:biggrin::biggrin::men_ani:

It's not so much playing as the loader but getting him to fire his MG when needed.

Thats a pretty doctrinial question to solve first.

SHOULD really the loader pop up, show his poor head and use a tiny MG and risk loosing hes head at the same time?

When I was in the Mech Inf we had pretty brave loader and Tank commanders in our tank company, the loader using the MG in ewery combat and the TC still having hes head above hatch to get betther SA and didnt care a shit that we fired at them with our MG and AKs.

So after allot of complaining those 2 had to carry BT wests (laserdooome) and after getting killed allot they suddenly stopped poping up their heads when eny infantry was close.

I for one DONT want my loader to pop up and risk hes life just to arm a damn machinegun, so if this option is enabled/modelled I want a option where we have to force him up to do it so they dont start commiting suicide at first best oportunity.

Remember its hard to reload a gun when the loader is lying on the turret floor with a hole thrue hes head.

/KT

I for one DONT want my loader to pop up and risk hes life just to arm a damn machinegun, so if this option is enabled/modelled I want a option where we have to force him up to do it so they dont start commiting suicide at first best oportunity.

Or bailing out of the tank to go for a swim at the first sight of water. :sonic:

The loader's 240 in the M1 series tank is an interesting situation. While taking Baghdad I ordered my loader to engage infantry with the weapon. In the situation we were in I made the decision as a tank commander that I would rather have another sector covered by an available weapon system than have my loader sitting in the turret doing nothing in the middle of a fight where loading the main gun was not a priority.

However, in my entire career I have on done one Tank Table V where the loader's engagement was actually conducted. So my loader had never live fired the weapon before, and it has no sights. Engaging targets with it is very difficult. We both, (the loader and myself) encountered better success in this fight with our M4s than with the larger caliber crew served weapons.

The loader's 240 in the M1 series tank is an interesting situation. While taking Baghdad I ordered my loader to engage infantry with the weapon. In the situation we were in I made the decision as a tank commander that I would rather have another sector covered by an available weapon system than have my loader sitting in the turret doing nothing in the middle of a fight where loading the main gun was not a priority.

However, in my entire career I have on done one Tank Table V where the loader's engagement was actually conducted. So my loader had never live fired the weapon before, and it has no sights. Engaging targets with it is very difficult. We both, (the loader and myself) encountered better success in this fight with our M4s than with the larger caliber crew served weapons.

Thats a pretty doctrinial question to solve first.

SHOULD really the loader pop up, show his poor head and use a tiny MG and risk loosing hes head at the same time?

When I was in the Mech Inf we had pretty brave loader and Tank commanders in our tank company, the loader using the MG in ewery combat and the TC still having hes head above hatch to get betther SA and didnt care a shit that we fired at them with our MG and AKs.

So after allot of complaining those 2 had to carry BT wests (laserdooome) and after getting killed allot they suddenly stopped poping up their heads when eny infantry was close.

Remember its hard to reload a gun when the loader is lying on the turret floor with a hole thrue hes head.

/KT

and thats why I never poped my head out and after one night scare I never put my head out at night... the damn thing I never want to think about again and it's not combat... It's some sort of demon :frown: