AFV Sim at ITEC 2016

Crusty

Here are some pictures from the AFV Sim stand at last week's ITEC,  we had a very good show, it was a good opportunity to meet up with existing customers

and hopefully make some new ones. it was also good to meet up with old friends from eSim and the forums (Irish Hussar, Grenny, Hedgehog)

and to meet and put faces to some new ones (charlieB)

First the company staff shot.

P1010667.thumb.JPG.e5e45460b8e1667f02967

A general view of the stand layout, three computers, two running SB Pro and one running VBS.

IMG_8384.thumb.JPG.6488b9ba212e5079cda5d

Leopard 2A5 Gunners control handles.

IMG_8379.thumb.JPG.900ecad8fc5e8320d6a73

Leopard 2 Commanders control handle.

IMG_8377.thumb.JPG.3eb40f96ff2d74e7b5390

Leopard 1A5 Gunners control handle.

IMG_8376.thumb.JPG.b2df32a912974d293fb5e

Nils proving he's still got it, (also checking out the opposition)

P1010679.thumb.JPG.650b9ccbeb71bd4a92de8

In the cabinet were Gunners controls for BMP2, T72, and Challenger 2, also a Challenger 2 Gunners control panel.

IMG_8385.thumb.JPG.4201f9da7c6adfcb227c9

Our Russian set, BMP2 and T72 Gunners control handles.

IMG_8389.thumb.JPG.22faef80d0119b0a6bc30

P1010667.JPG

IMG_8384.JPG

IMG_8379.JPG

IMG_8377.JPG

IMG_8376.JPG

P1010679.JPG

IMG_8385.JPG

IMG_8389.JPG

I forgot to mention, our stand was opposite the eSim stand, they had a rather nice toy, I have some pictures of it but I won't steal their thunder,

I'm sure you'll see it when they post their report on the forums.

10 hours ago, Marko said:

The BMP-and T-72 handles look great.

Were they built for a military customer?  

Thanks.

The BMP-2 handles were for a military customer. We're developing the T-72 handles as in 'in house' project and are currently looking for customers.....

2 hours ago, Crusty said:

I forgot to mention, our stand was opposite the eSim stand, they had a rather nice toy, I have some pictures of it but I won't steal their thunder,

OK, that's really not fair... :)

2 hours ago, hawes said:

Thanks.

The BMP-2 handles were for a military customer. We're developing the T-72 handles as in 'in house' project and are currently looking for customers.....

I have set my self a goal to save and purchase a BMP-2 gunners controller (can you PM me a price.)

Giving it some thought today, From what I have heard there not cheap but what the hell I don't treat my self very often.

Have to save for it and a new wide screen hi res monitor.

Edited by Marko

• Members
On 27.5.2016 at 9:29 AM, Crusty said:

Don't hesitate. I don't see me posting anything of relevance for another three weeks or so. I'm practically off to the next leg of my journey.

2 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Don't hesitate. I don't see me posting anything of relevance for another three weeks or so. I'm practically off to the next leg of my journey.

Ok, here's the pictures I took, it'a a Leo2  Gunnery Trainer, updated by DIEHL and using SB Pro as the software.

This could quite easily fit in my garage, should it ever go missing ;)

Hedge and I had a try on the hospitality evening it was good fun :D

P1010683.thumb.JPG.799460022b098ceabd0e8P1010681.thumb.JPG.10a8ca705ab7daf489dceP1010682.thumb.JPG.9643f88131f013077fa2bP1010684.thumb.JPG.2a078ca083f66a54e5c01

P1010683.JPG

P1010681.JPG

P1010682.JPG

P1010684.JPG

• Members

Well, it wouldn't have cost them an arm and a leg to just add a hollow pipe with some foam coating to actually grab while your left thumb operates the integrator button. I don't really understand why you would skip on such an item that is important in the ergonomics, which would be totally expected by the crews, particularly if it is a rather cheap part that neither is complicated to produce nor expensive as far as the components are concerned.

9 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Well, it wouldn't have cost them an arm and a leg to just add a hollow pipe with some foam coating to actually grab while your left thumb operates the integrator button. I don't really understand why you would skip on such an item that is important in the ergonomics, which would be totally expected by the crews, particularly if it is a rather cheap part that neither is complicated to produce nor expensive as far as the components are concerned.

Maybe if they pay $XXXXXX to integrate 6 DOF, then they'll add the piece of padded water pipe?