Sunday 10th July - 1800 UTC Sunday Joints Ops with Dogs of War and Kanium VU

13 minutes ago, Swordsmandk said:

AAR

Thx for everyone. Lessons learned.

1. Shorter Start - Will have to look into that.

2. Awesome turnout. Best I have seen on a normal sunday.

3. DOW - Thx a bunch. Sweet swift manouvering once the fail bridge was done (I was fail engineer)

With that amount of people there  the start wasn't that bad , could of easily been worst. You guys did well.

I didn't have time to do a head count , how many were we?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game! Outstanding work among the VU's, both laterally and adjacently. The communication and coordination was on par with military exercises that I've participated in. 

Abbadon did a superb job as BG CO. 

Also, big thanks to the team that threw the mission together. It felt flawless. 

1 hour ago, Swordsmandk said:

AAR

Thx for everyone. Lessons learned.

1. Shorter Start - Will have to look into that.

2. Awesome turnout. Best I have seen on a normal sunday.

3. DOW - Thx a bunch. Sweet swift manouvering once the fail bridge was done (I was fail engineer)

#1 should be a sustain! The start time was excellent! You guys did a great job, and I've seen games with 1/2 that amount take twice as long to get started. With the amount of participants, we didn't have any late joins, either. 

My only feedback (mission related)

The Jaguars used as the ATGM platoon were not good, and should be replaced with the M113 TOW (not the M901 variant). At one point my Jaguars were engaging a BMP with their 7.62mm machine gun. Those vehicles are too important to be non-playable vehicles. I suspect the LAVs will be replaced with the Luchs when 4.0 is released. 

6 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

#1 should be a sustain! The start time was excellent! You guys did a great job, and I've seen games with 1/2 that amount take twice as long to get started. With the amount of participants, we didn't have any late joins, either. 

My only feedback (mission related)

The Jaguars used as the ATGM platoon were not good, and should be replaced with the M113 TOW (not the M901 variant). At one point my Jaguars were engaging a BMP with their 7.62mm machine gun. Those vehicles are too important to be non-playable vehicles. I suspect the LAVs will be replaced with the Luchs when 4.0 is released. 

If its meant to be "german-ish" one could claim it is a Jaguar-2. Then the M113 is a perfect fit and you just need to squint a little.

8 hours ago, Zaphod said:

With that amount of people there  the start wasn't that bad , could of easily been worst. You guys did well.

I didn't have time to do a head count , how many were we?

I counted 33 near start - how long did it go on after I left. I thought starting on another tank way back from front line would extend session for a good long while

Edited by chrisreb

10 hours ago, Grenny said:

Thanks for that game to all who organized and took part.

The OPDORD was top notch! Thanks for leading Abbadon!

Can I have you as my S3 for the next mission I command? You write the Situation analysis, probale RED CoAs and OPRODs for 3 different BLUE CoAs and then I can pick one :-P (just like IRL)

Aww beginners luck ? But thanks for the feedback! Your did your part as FO in good standards so I enjoyed working with you.

9 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Great game! Outstanding work among the VU's, both laterally and adjacently. The communication and coordination was on par with military exercises that I've participated in. 

Abbadon did a superb job as BG CO. 

Also, big thanks to the team that threw the mission together. It felt flawless. 

Thanks XO! Looking forward in fighting with you in future missions.

Speaking of future missions: Grenny & Apocalypse you guys available for the Swedish BG attack mission 24th July? It's going to be a good ride also! XO and FO positions are available ?

2 hours ago, chrisreb said:

I counted 33 near start - how long did it go on after I left. I thought starting on another tank way back from front line would extend session for a good long while

no more than a half an hour  about

34 minutes ago, Zaphod said:

no more than a half an hour  about

Could probably stayed if I had realised that short but looked like another hour or more at the time. Still best to be safe and not annoy the wife!  Enjoyed it - just wish my shots had the same effect as OPFOR. 3 solid hits and he still fires back and destroys me!

1 minute ago, chrisreb said:

Could probably stayed if I had realised that short but looked like another hour or more at the time. Still best to be safe and not annoy the wife!  Enjoyed it - just wish my shots had the same effect as OPFOR. 3 solid hits and he still fires back and destroys me!

Nothing much or more to say really nothing happened after. We were given (Bravo 3) two tanks far away from action. To get there we had to drive fast, me I hit a tree over compensating a curve and my wingman got stuck in a swamp a few feet from a bridge and solid ground .... we waited for help .... then shortly after the mission ended ..... 

33 minutes ago, Zaphod said:

Nothing much or more to say really nothing happened after. We were given (Bravo 3) two tanks far away from action. To get there we had to drive fast, me I hit a tree over compensating a curve and my wingman got stuck in a swamp a few feet from a bridge and solid ground .... we waited for help .... then shortly after the mission ended ..... 

Thats where you see how realistic SB is...things like that fuck up battle plan IRL since the bronze age

Edited by Grenny

Didn't miss much at the end at least.  Certainly a great event and a feeling of being part of a large operation. Zaphod - as you said worth listening in to the Company Net as gave me a better picture. Just about able to keep tabs on that and following out orders.  My only issue was that at times we moved off without warning and had I not been in Observer mode at times would have been left behind. That said we did look very professional at times streaming forward (or backward) in perfect formation

1 minute ago, chrisreb said:

Didn't miss much at the end at least.  Certainly a great event and a feeling of being part of a large operation. Zaphod - as you said worth listening in to the Company Net as gave me a better picture. Just about able to keep tabs on that and following out orders.  My only issue was that at times we moved off without warning and had I not been in Observer mode at times would have been left behind. That said we did look very professional at times streaming forward (or backward) in perfect formation

Noted , when Garmon posts his vid I will study it and watch out for that.

6 minutes ago, Zaphod said:

Not a biggie - most times move was flagged, just sometimes I was "where are they off to?"  Very happy to be part of your platoon as we worked well together. I know 34 and 33 were out of position a couple of times but felt it more important to stick with my element leader even if he went off course.  Anyway back to jobs.

2 minutes ago, chrisreb said:

Not a biggie - most times move was flagged, just sometimes I was "where are they off to?"  Very happy to be part of your platoon as we worked well together. I know 34 and 33 were out of position a couple of times but felt it more important to stick with my element leader even if he went off course.  Anyway back to jobs.

That you did :)

Just for the statistics.

Called down 52 Fire mission mostly on call of BNCO or line companies.

Average 4 rounds per mission(per tube)

So some 800 rounds fired by mortars und guns in total...thats much for a BN size attack 

? but if it available you use it. Hope limited rounds for offmap arty become an option one day.

Edited by Grenny

8 minutes ago, Grenny said:

Just for the statistics.

Called down 52 Fire mission mostly on call of BNCO or line companies.

Average 4 rounds per mission(per tube)

So some 800 rounds fired by mortars und guns in total...thats much for a BN size attack 

? but if it available you use it. Hope limited rounds for offmap arty become an option one day.

Jep - First versio had on map arty with limited rounds. But had to reduce number of vehicles and load due to possible 4.0

Completely agree. Limited off map ftw

1 hour ago, Swordsmandk said:

Jep - First versio had on map arty with limited rounds. But had to reduce number of vehicles and load due to possible 4.0

Completely agree. Limited off map ftw

The removal of on-map guns was also suggested by me IOT streamline the scenario. ( many players+many unit=possible FPS or even crash issues)

I hoped for more self disciplin in using the guns...but that was lacking on my side ?

4 hours ago, Zaphod said:

Oh man, I cannot WAIT to see this video! :P

For the record, my platoon (Charlie 2) lost three tanks this mission (two destroyed, one mobility kill (engine)).  All frats.