Commander's Station Question

Tankleader

Hello All,

I am going through the tutorials for the M1A1 Tanks and can fire the .50 from the commander's station but can't traverse it left or right or elevate or depress. What's the correct key combination using the commander's station?

Tanks

Andy

Use the arrow keys to move the .05 around.

• 2 weeks later...

Why does the commander's station have to get damaged when you tap a tree

?

This can't be real and even if it is a bit unplayable.

In the heat of battle you're getting shelled and backup in panic and boom hit a tree and there goes the commander.

Got two tanks damaged out of 4 last night in counterstroke from that.

Is my only 2nd bitch about the game. Which say a lot how good it is;-)

the major problem here is that the reverse speed cannot be adjusted. so you'll smack into a tree at 40kph, and lose your TC/gunner, or loader.

personally i think the TC damage should be increased to 40kph.

I don't think I was even going full speed in reverse.. unless its zero to full speed acceleration in 5 feet:)

the major problem here is that the reverse speed cannot be adjusted. so you'll smack into a tree at 40kph, and lose your TC/gunner, or loader.

personally i think the TC damage should be increased to 40kph.

I think you have never been hiy by a low branch then..................it hurts!!!!:decu:

I think you have never been hiy by a low branch then..................it hurts!!!!:decu:

I had my hatch torn of from the turret landing on the troop hatches with the 20cm thick branch, I was lucky that my head was so low down in the turret or I would had the head smashed... with my luck I was just pushed rough down in the seat :o

/KT

Edit: in ARRC im known as the tree killer, not because I kill the trees but they kill me.... :/

• Members

Maybe we have overdone it a bit, but they are a serious issue in real life (I've had the one or other close shave, too). Especially young commanders tend to forget that they are now almost 3m above the ground in a region very close to the point where thick branches tend to cross the road on which they are traveling. That's "good enough" for most (civilian) traffic, so branches above that height tend to grow without being cut, and they get stronger and thicker with every year.

Add to this distractions from radio messages, plotting one's own route on the paper map, counting the number of roads crossing, or the road bends to find the right spot to follow your planned route, dusk or fog, and the ever dominating sleep deprivation and you get a mixture that can easily be fatal already in peace time, let alone the additional stress if you are on the lookout for the enemy. You tend to ignore trees as an irrelevant annoyance then.

So we decided to err on the side of caution to drive the lesson home that trees and tanks in close vicinity to each other require a fair bit of attention.

I seem to have aquired a non-corporeal TC then, I go hooning around in my leo without even thinking about trees, they just go straight through my TC without even doing anything.

I even have to wince and think "shouldn't this hurt?"

To me they just block LOS to the GPS which kinda annoys me.

• Members

Well, yeah, it WOULD and SHOULD hurt in real life, but then there are only so many things that you can model properly in a computer simulation before you turn it into something unusable. If every single twig collision in SB would result in a TC injury, nobody would want to use it any longer. A reminder now and then in the case of high speed collisions is a better compromise here IMO because it reminds you to be aware of the issue without bing totally preoccupied with it.

I seem to have aquired a non-corporeal TC then, I go hooning around in my leo without even thinking about trees, they just go straight through my TC without even doing anything.

I even have to wince and think "shouldn't this hurt?"

To me they just block LOS to the GPS which kinda annoys me.

Lucky bastard!

me myself i can drive on a open field, hit one tree and have TC,Load and gunner taken out... :mad:

Maybe we have overdone it a bit, but they are a serious issue in real life (I've had the one or other close shave, too). Especially young commanders tend to forget that they are now almost 3m above the ground in a region very close to the point where thick branches tend to cross the road on which they are traveling. That's "good enough" for most (civilian) traffic, so branches above that height tend to grow without being cut, and they get stronger and thicker with every year.

Add to this distractions from radio messages, plotting one's own route on the paper map, counting the number of roads crossing, or the road bends to find the right spot to follow your planned route, dusk or fog, and the ever dominating sleep deprivation and you get a mixture that can easily be fatal already in peace time, let alone the additional stress if you are on the lookout for the enemy. You tend to ignore trees as an irrelevant annoyance then.

So we decided to err on the side of caution to drive the lesson home that trees and tanks in close vicinity to each other require a fair bit of attention.

Normally I err on the gaming side but since this is more a military trainer sim...

I can deal with it now that I know the problem exists. I'll just have to check 6when backing up in a forest.

Oddly enough you can breeze through branches but when you hit a tree it happens..which is ok for a computer because like you say you're not going to model every branch hitting or it would be unplayable.

Thought it would be nice if you can check into if the hatch is closed it won't effect you.