Anakonda 2016

Damian90

So excercises Anakonda 2016 started few days ago, unfortunetaly I was not participating, had my own excercises to do (including some combat disembark from Mi-17). :D

So let's go!

So there is a lot of going on in Poland right now, we have airborne troops parachuting, armor units, AA units from several NATO countries, these are nation wide excercises. Heck today when I was returning from my unit to home, I seen most likely an AWACS making circles nearby my home town.

Edited by Damian90

Excercises "Anakonda" are largest excercises of the Polish Armed Forces, their aim in general is to prepare our forces to defend country from any threat be it internal or external.

Internal by increasing interoperability of armed forces with civilian agiencies, Police, Fire fighters etc. And external by more conventional military means.

Recently we also started to invite our allies from NATO to participate as they can increase interoperability with our forces, which is extremely important considering potential threats, after Russian Federation invaded Ukraine. Same threat is faced by Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, and to a smaller degree Poland.

Excercises "Anakonda" are recently also connected with other excercises like "BALTOPS", "Saber Strike" etc.

This years scenario was based on actuall events that happend in Ukraine, and were focused on fighting with a hybrid threat.

What?! Are you nuts?! It's the Russians that are enemy, they invaded Ukraine, that they guaranteed safety after collapse of Soviet Union and when Ukraine willingly handed down nuclear weapons they inherited as former Soviet Republic.

For years Russians were meddling in internal affairs of their neighbours, first invasion of Georgia, and illegal occupation of part of Georgian territory, now Ukraine, who will be next.

It's all starts to look like a bloody 1939, back then you people in western Europe were doing the same, blindly believing you can appease to a bloody tyrant, only making him more bold.

Besides Ukrainians have a right to decide about their future on their own, without Russians standing behind them and dictating what they should or should not do. May I also remind you that Yanukovitch was a bloody criminal, who started to changing Ukraine in to a bloody mafia state. And you wonder why Ukrainians (yes it was Ukrainians no one else) overthrown him, not to mention that Yanukovitch himself resigned from his presidency escaping from Ukraine, tough I suspect Ukrainians would just hang him on a tree if they would capture him after what he did, and how much money he stole from the state and citizens.

And you think why Russian regime is so desperate to stop such events? Because Russian goverment is composed from the same criminals, Putin himself is each year stealing incredible ammounts of money from the state and citizens, while in the same time his idiotic policy is making his citizens more poor, it's also a no brainer that his state propaganda works hard, afterall Russians gonna hang him on tree as well at some point.

Edited by Damian90

3 hours ago, Damian90 said:

What?! Are you nuts?! It's the Russians that are enemy, they invaded Ukraine, that they guaranteed safety after collapse of Soviet Union and when Ukraine willingly handed down nuclear weapons they inherited as former Soviet Republic.

For years Russians were meddling in internal affairs of their neighbours, first invasion of Georgia, and illegal occupation of part of Georgian territory, now Ukraine, who will be next.

It's all starts to look like a bloody 1939, back then you people in western Europe were doing the same, blindly believing you can appease to a bloody tyrant, only making him more bold.

Besides Ukrainians have a right to decide about their future on their own, without Russians standing behind them and dictating what they should or should not do. May I also remind you that Yanukovitch was a bloody criminal, who started to changing Ukraine in to a bloody mafia state. And you wonder why Ukrainians (yes it was Ukrainians no one else) overthrown him, not to mention that Yanukovitch himself resigned from his presidency escaping from Ukraine, tough I suspect Ukrainians would just hang him on a tree if they would capture him after what he did, and how much money he stole from the state and citizens.

And you think why Russian regime is so desperate to stop such events? Because Russian goverment is composed from the same criminals, Putin himself is each year stealing incredible ammounts of money from the state and citizens, while in the same time his idiotic policy is making his citizens more poor, it's also a no brainer that his state propaganda works hard, afterall Russians gonna hang him on tree as well at some point.

The true enemies of Europe are the neoconservatives and neoliberals in Washington DC, their vassals in Brussels along with the Russophobic leaders in Poland, Lithuania, Estonia and Latvia that are bating the flames for war.

Back in 1990, Russia was promised by the US that NATO would not expand an inch past the border of a united Germany. What happened to that promise? Any objections by the Russians were just ignored time and time again. In the past two decades,  instead of looking for a constructive cooperative dialog, the US has pushed for more military infrastructure along Russia's western border.

This missile "shield" is just another example of catastrophic US foreign policy. At first the US tried to sell the idea that  this "shield" was there to "defend" Europe from Iranian missiles (yeah, riiight). Russia was even willing to offer a site on its territory but the US would not have any of that.  Given the sites  relative close proximity to major Russian cities these "interceptors" could be used as a first strike weapon against with mere minutes of warning.

The Russians have been meddling in the affairs of countries near their border or that have been historically aligned with them. The US does the same thing, so do many other countries. The US even goes even so far to topple governments to install puppet governments of their choosing. Even after the end of the cold war the US never got out of that business.  Here are a few examples of overt or covert regime change operations with various degrees of success:

• China 1949 to early 1960s
  • Albania 1949-53
  • East Germany 1950s
  • Iran 1953
  • Guatemala 1954
  • Costa Rica mid-1950s
  • Syria 1956-7
  • Egypt 1957
  • Indonesia 1957-8
  • British Guiana 1953-64
  • Iraq 1963
  • North Vietnam 1945-73
  • Cambodia 1955-70
  • Laos 1958 , 1959 , 1960
  • Ecuador 1960-63
  • Congo 1960
  • France 1965
  • Brazil 1962-64
  • Dominican Republic 1963
  • Cuba 1959 to present
  • Bolivia 1964
  • Indonesia 1965
  • Ghana 1966
  • Chile 1964-73
  • Greece 1967
  • Costa Rica 1970-71
  • Bolivia 1971
  • Australia 1973-75
  • Angola 1975, 1980s
  • Zaire 1975
  • Portugal 1974-76
  • Jamaica 1976-80
  • Seychelles 1979-81
  • Chad 1981-82
  • Grenada 1983
  • South Yemen 1982-84
  • Suriname 1982-84
  • Fiji 1987
  • Libya 1980s
  • Nicaragua 1981-90
  • Panama 1989
  • Bulgaria 1990
  • Albania 1991
  • Iraq 1991
  • Afghanistan 1980s
  • Somalia 1993
  • Yugoslavia 1999-2000
  • Ecuador 2000
  • Afghanistan 2001
  • Venezuela 2002
  • Iraq 2003
  • Haiti 2004
  • Somalia 2007 to present
  • Honduras 2009
  • Libya 2011
  • Syria 2012
  • Ukraine 2014

Concerning the "invasion" of Georgia, it was Georgia under US puppet Saakashvili that started the conflict by shelling civilians (and Russian military) in South Ossetia . When Russia responded to this  they were portrayed as the boogeyman.  Russian peace keepers were already there in South Ossetia and Abkhazia when Georgia attacked.

Now getting to the business of Ukraine, another US regime change operation. Yanukovich was the corrupt yet democratically elected President of Ukraine. The EU wanted to shove down their association agreement down Yanukovich's throat. This association agreement and the included financial support would have been smaller than what was being offered by the Russians and besides that, the EU also demanded that there would be no similar economic agreement with Russia. Yanukovich refused to give in to EU demands and events were put in motion to replace him with a pro-US/EU candidate.

People like US ambassador Geoffrey Pyatt and Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland were instrumental  in planning,  supporting  and executing the coup.  In the leaked "F*** the EU" phone conversation they openly discussed who they wanted to head the Ukrainian government (e.g. Yatzenyuk,etc.). And it came just like they had planned, what a surprise! Months before, in November of 2013, Rada member Oleg Tsarov had warned his parliamentary colleagues that the US embassy in Kiev was instigating regime change  through an IT front company but of course very few took him seriously.  In a speech to US investors (i.e. Chevron ,etc.) in  December of 2013 we hear Victoria Nuland say that the US had spend 5 billion dollars over the past 20 years to bring "democracy" to Ukraine.  The list of acts  goes on and on.  

What amazes me is how callous the US government was in this case.  knowing the demographics of Ukraine anyone who cared to look could have realized that eastern Ukrainians , a great deal of Crimeans would never go along with a US puppet government in Kiev. The results of the last presidential election was another tell-tale sign that the country was split. Yet , the US and its vassals in the EU still went along with the coup. I guess the US,EU and the pro-EU/US Ukrainians just thought the rest of Ukraine would just roll over and accept the new status quo without as much as a whisper. Then there is Russia that would most certainly react to this aggressive and reckless move by the US and its vassals in the EU.  Russia new full well that there was a genuine threat to its naval base in Crimea once a pro US/EU regime came to power in Kiev, so it acted with majority support of eastern Ukrainians and Crimean's to reclaim Crimea via a referendum.

So after two years we have 6000+ dead Ukrainians thanks to US adventurism, EU greed,  lack of an independent security and foreign policy  in Europe.  It is better to be a vassal of the US obviously. The US policy in Europe has been for over 70 years now to keep the US in, the Germans down and the Russians out.   Putin was/is no angel but neither are Obama, Merkel , Hollande, Cameron, etc.

It amazes me that the western mainstream media totally ignored the US and EU dealings in Ukraine.  Dealings that violated international law and the sovereignty of a foreign country. Yet Russia is painted as the "aggressor" when it reacts to provocations along its border. It clearly demonstrates that nothing has changed in over 100 years when it comes to lies and deceit and that so called "democracies" can just be as rotten and criminal as anyone else out there. How naive i was to believe that the US and its European vassals are the inherent "good" guys.

Hermann Göring said it best:  "... the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

and for laughs, although sad ones:

Q: Why will there never be a coup d’état in Washington?

A: Because there’s no American embassy there.

Edited by lavictoireestlavie

"  Here are a few examples of overt or covert regime change operations with various degrees of success:

-

- Australia 1973-75

-"

I have obviously missed something. Are you saying Australia overtly or covertly conducted a regime change or that someone tried to over though the Australian government?

I am complete confused by this.

Even checked my handy list of wars that Australia has been involved in, nothing, zip, nanda

Edited by ssidiver

A full agree with lavictoireestlavie !

This type of training is juste to throw fear on eastern countrys who are not agree with NATO policy....

I never see russian army make military exercices on the border of the US.....

11 minutes ago, ssidiver said:

"  Here are a few examples of overt or covert regime change operations with various degrees of success:

-

- Australia 1973-75

-"

I have obviously missed something. Are you saying Australia overtly or covertly conducted a regime change or that someone tried to over though the Australian government?

I am complete confused by this.

Even checked my handy list of wars that Australia has been involved in, nothing, zip, nanda

I am saying that the US tried to directly or indirectly select the country's leaders or people in key positions inside the Australian government.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2007/12/05/us-meddling-in-australian-politics/

http://www.kooriweb.org/foley/resources/history/whitlam_coup.html

http://www.newdawnmagazine.com/articles/20 Years of Cover-Up1.html

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/oct/23/gough-whitlam-1975-coup-ended-australian-independence

http://www.alternet.org/world/was-us-involved-bringing-down-australias-government

Edited by lavictoireestlavie

The true enemies of Europe are the neoconservatives and neoliberals in Washington DC, their vassals in Brussels along with the Russophobic leaders in Poland, Lithuania, Estonia and Latvia that are bating the flames for war.

May I remind you that in 1930's Poland had an agreement with France for mutual defense against 3rd Reich, if France would be attacked first we would come to help you, but we were atacked first, and in the end we received no help.

There is a quote attributed to Winston Churchill.  "The gov­ern­ment had to choose between war and shame. They chose shame. They will get war too."

But hey, at least you are clear about your intents, you gonna sell Baltic states, Poland perhaps too to Russia, you sir have no dignity, honor and humanity in yourself, so yeah, it seems the only true allies we have are the ones nearby us, and in UK and US.

Back in 1990, Russia was promised by the US that NATO would not expand an inch past the border of a united Germany. What happened to that promise? Any objections by the Russians were just ignored time and time again. In the past two decades,  instead of looking for a constructive cooperative dialog, the US has pushed for more military infrastructure along Russia's western border.

Ok some history lesson to you little boy. Baltic states nations, Poland, Ukraine, and many others in the region, contrary to you French, have this problem that they faced genocide, a true genocide. First done by Nazis, and later, by your beloved Russians. Yes, tell me you ever been in a former death camp? You seen what was done to people there? And I have a surprise for you, not only the Germans were using these death camps, when Soviets captured them, they didn't destroyed them, they didn't closed them, but used for exactly the same purpose, tough instead of killing people on a mass scale for their ethnicity, they killed them based on their social class, and of course ideology.

In Poland contrary to what your westerners know, the anti Soviet resistance was existing till the 60's, and I talk here about armed resistance formed from remnants for Home Army, they were called "Cursed Soldiers" and were fighting against NKVD later KGB as well as traitors who were eager to destroy their own nation only to please their overlords in Moscow.

Same happend in Baltic states, ask Lithuanians, Estonians, Latvians, what they feel, about their family members brutally murdered by Russians? And what they feel and think about recent events where Russians openly threaten them?

But hey, I am certain you will have no problem with more killing of innocent people in Europe right?

So I tell you, we, and be we I mean nations in the region, we wanted to be in NATO, and it's a non Russian buisseness, we are sovereign states that decide about their future, and we decided to join NATO and EU for that sole purpose of strenghtening our defenses against Russia.

This missile "shield" is just another example of catastrophic US foreign policy. At first the US tried to sell the idea that  this "shield" was there to "defend" Europe from Iranian missiles (yeah, riiight). Russia was even willing to offer a site on its territory but the US would not have any of that.  Given the sites  relative close proximity to major Russian cities these "interceptors" could be used as a first strike weapon against with mere minutes of warning.

Aegis Ashore system is for purely defensive purpose, and it will strenghten our own AAD/ABMD defense, besides it seems you have a huge problem with such system, but you have no problem that Russians constantly threaten us, including using nuclear strikes, and it was happening even before US proposed their system to be based here.

Tell me, you support a bully that threatens a non nuclear armed states with nuclear weapons? You think it's ok?

The Russians have been meddling in the affairs of countries near their or that have been historically aligned with them. The US does the same thing, so do many other countries. The US even goes even so far to topple governments to install puppet governments of their choosing. Even after the end of the cold war the US never got out of that business.  Here are a few examples of overt or covert regime change operations with various degrees of success:

• China 1949 to early 1960s
  • Albania 1949-53
  • East Germany 1950s
  • Iran 1953
  • Guatemala 1954
  • Costa Rica mid-1950s
  • Syria 1956-7
  • Egypt 1957
  • Indonesia 1957-8
  • British Guiana 1953-64
  • Iraq 1963
  • North Vietnam 1945-73
  • Cambodia 1955-70
  • Laos 1958 , 1959 , 1960
  • Ecuador 1960-63
  • Congo 1960
  • France 1965
  • Brazil 1962-64
  • Dominican Republic 1963
  • Cuba 1959 to present
  • Bolivia 1964
  • Indonesia 1965
  • Ghana 1966
  • Chile 1964-73
  • Greece 1967
  • Costa Rica 1970-71
  • Bolivia 1971
  • Australia 1973-75
  • Angola 1975, 1980s
  • Zaire 1975
  • Portugal 1974-76
  • Jamaica 1976-80
  • Seychelles 1979-81
  • Chad 1981-82
  • Grenada 1983
  • South Yemen 1982-84
  • Suriname 1982-84
  • Fiji 1987
  • Libya 1980s
  • Nicaragua 1981-90
  • Panama 1989
  • Bulgaria 1990
  • Albania 1991
  • Iraq 1991
  • Afghanistan 1980s
  • Somalia 1993
  • Yugoslavia 1999-2000
  • Ecuador 2000
  • Afghanistan 2001
  • Venezuela 2002
  • Iraq 2003
  • Haiti 2004
  • Somalia 2007 to present
  • Honduras 2009
  • Libya 2011
  • Syria 2012
  • Ukraine 2014

US do not perform planned genocides as Russians done, and will most likely do.

Concerning the "invasion" of Georgia, it was Georgia under US puppet Saakashvili that started the conflict by shelling civilians (and Russian military) in South Ossetia . When Russia responded to this  they were portrayed as the boogeyman.  Russian peace keepers were already there in South Ossetia and Abkhazia when Georgia attacked.

Russia illegaly occupies South Ossetia which is part of Georgias territory. And you know what, as a soldier I will also fire at any Russian soldier who will occupy part of my countries territory. Georgia is sovereign state and have a right to defend itself.

Now getting to the business of Ukraine, another US regime change operation. Yanukovich was the corrupt yet democratically elected President of Ukraine. The EU wanted to shove down their association agreement down Yanukovich's throat. This association agreement and the included financial support would have been smaller than what was being offered by the Russians and besides that, the EU also demanded that there would be no similar economic agreement with Russia. Yanukovich refused to give in to EU demands and events were put in motion to replace him with a pro-US/EU candidate.

No wonder Ukrainians overthrown Yanukovitch. You know why Ukrainians hate Russians? Ever heard about Holodomor? Another planned genocide made by Russians over Ukrainians.

You seems to know very little about history of eastern Europe.

People like US ambassador Geoffrey Pyatt and Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland were instrumental  in planning,  supporting  and executing the coup.  In the leaked "F*** the EU" phone conversation they openly discussed who they wanted to head the Ukrainian government (e.g. Yatzenyuk,etc.). And it came just like they had planned, what a surprise! Months before, in November of 2013, Rada member Oleg Tsarov had warned his parliamentary colleagues that the US embassy in Kiev was instigating regime change  through an IT front company but of course very view took him seriously.  In a speech to US investors (i.e. Chevron ,etc.) in  December of 2013 we hear Victoria Nuland say that the US had spend 5 billion dollars over the past 20 years to bring "democracy" to Ukraine.  The list of acts  goes on and on.

Yeah, you read "Pravda" or watch RT? :D

What amazes me is how callous the US government was in this case.  knowing the demographics of Ukraine anyone who cared to look could have realized that eastern Ukrainians , a great deal of Crimeans would never go along with a US puppet government in Kiev. The results of the last presidential election was another tell-tale sign that the country was split. Yet , the US and its vassals in the EU still went along with the coup. I guess the US,EU and the pro-EU/US Ukrainians just thought the rest of Ukraine would just roll over and accept the new status quo without as much as a whisper. Then there is Russia that would most certainly react to this aggressive and reckless move by the US and its vassals in the EU.  Russia new full well that there was a genuine threat to its naval base in Crimea once a pro US/EU regime came to power in Kiev, so it acted with majority support of eastern Ukrainians and Crimean's to reclaim Crimea via a referendum.

So after two years we have 6000+ dead Ukrainians thanks to US adventurism, EU greed,  lack of an independent security and foreign policy  in Europe.  It is better to be a vassal of the US obviously. The US policy in Europe has been for over 70 years now to keep the US in, the Germans down and the Russians out.   Putin was/is no angel but neither are Obama, Merkel , Hollande, Cameron, etc.

It amazes me that the western mainstream media totally ignored the US and EU dealings in Ukraine.  Dealings that violated international law and the sovereignty of a foreign country. Yet Russia is painted as the "aggressor" when it reacts to provocations along its border. It clearly demonstrates that nothing has changed in over 100 years when it comes to lies and deceit and that so called "democracies" can just be as rotten and criminal as anyone else out there. How naive i was to believe that the US and its European vassals are the inherent "good" guys.

It's simple, to Europe being safe is to push Russia as far from us as possible, and prefferebly isolate us from them.

You do not know Russians, you do not understand their mentality, if you believe that they think about you as a partner, well you are lucky you never lived near them.

Their final goal is total domination over Europe, including France, that was always their goal from the beggining of creation of Soviet Union.

You give Russians your finger, and they gonna consume your hand, if not more. They are not Europeans, they are not even similiar to other Slavic nations. You probably don't even comprehend how different they are than western Slavs like Poles, Czechs, Slovakians, heck even Bellarussians and Ukrainians are vastly different than Russians. DO not expect them to behave like Europeans, you might be vastly disappointed.

12 minutes ago, kalash said:

A full agree with lavictoireestlavie !

This type of training is juste to throw fear on eastern countrys who are not agree with NATO policy....

I never see russian army make military exercices on the border of the US.....

"Anakonda" is annual excercises of Polish Armed Forces, we just invite our allies to participate.

Besides Russian Army makes many excercies at our borders, and they do not hide their excercies simulate their invasion on us!

But hey what can you know, afterall you live far away, and you don't know how it is to be neighbour of Russia.

Edited by Damian90

Oh, your joking!!

The Prime Minister and the Governor General had a disagreement, about legislation and the opposition was on the side of Governor General.

The Governor General managed to ring the Queen before the Prime Minister could, got her support and called a new election.

I lived through it! Don't believe every conspiracy theory you come across!

So the 1950 was not a powergrab by the kommunists in east germany? The worker protest where not made by the east german people but by CIA agents??

*snicker*

as to other points on that list: the CCCP started the shit in Afghanistan by invading and murdering the government.

An also Russia is regularly doing exercises close to the Baltik states that involve 2 times the number of Anakonda. So that argument from Kalash is simply wrong...

Edited by Grenny

Not to mention that "Anakonda" was defensive excercies, as they always were, when they started in 2006. Doctrine of Polish Armed Forces is purely defensive (afterall what reason we would had to invade anyone? Especially that for decades our every goverment tries to build friendly relations with every neighbour.

And thus even when we invite our allies to participate in "Anakonda" or any other excercises, they are always purely defensive, simply because it's our armed forces doctrine, heck even in consitution it is clearly said what role have our armed forces, it is defense of our countries integrity and borders.

While Russians, openly, always perform attacks during their excercises, and openly, threaten to use nuclear weapons.

Well I can only talk from perspective of my country and our neighbours which are our allies. We have justified fears about recent Russian politics towards it's neighbours. And we lost independence, facing it's consequences too many times, to give it away easy one more time. Contrary to others, we remember well what happend then, and what will happen again if such scenario will realise itself.

2 hours ago, Damian90 said:

"Anakonda" is annual excercises of Polish Armed Forces, we just invite our allies to participate.

Besides Russian Army makes many excercies at our borders, and they do not hide their excercies simulate their invasion on us!

But hey what can you know, afterall you live far away, and you don't know how it is to be neighbour of Russia.

invite so many power to participate , I doubt if it an invitation...

if we look at the map, Russia is not on the border with Poland. Why Russia go invade Polland ? It is too pessimistic

So, yes I am live far away from this area, but I am born in Russia and live in some years. So please don't make a false judgement of all Russians.  And I try to understand the point of view of the both sides " west / east ", and don't just listen

what "blind" people want to hear in my actual contry.

sorry for my english

Edited by kalash

invite so many power to participate , I doubt if it an invitation...

We indeed invited them, what's more, we done something Russians never do, we invited their observer as well as observers from Bellarus, Russians never invite observers on their large excercises.

if we look at the map, Russia is not on the border with Poland. Why Russia go invade Polland ? It is too pessimistic

What?! Did you ever had geography in school? We border with Russia, do you know what Kaliningrad Oblast is?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poland–Russia_border

Kaliningrad Oblast is one of the most militarised zones in Europe, Russians have there Iskander SRBM's aimed at Poland.

So, yes I am live far away from this area, but I am born in Russia and live in some years. So please don't make a false judgement of all Russians.  And I try to understand the point of view of the both sides " west / east ", and don't just listen

I make judgement based on facts, and facts are, Russian goverment is agressive towards it's neighbours, constantly threatening them, and even ready to invade them. I do not want war, but me and my fellow countrymen won't just stand if Russia will start another stupidity.

7 minutes ago, kalash said:

.... So please don't make a false judgement of all Russians.  And I try to understand the point of view of the both sides " west / east ", and don't just listen

sorry for my english

That i'll not. There are enough idiotic things done by governments that should not be atributed to all people of that country.

Its just that in my p.o.v. the Russian gov accusing NATO of "sabre rattling" is the pot calling the knettle black...