FM 3-90 Tactics

Panzer_Leader

I came across this fantastic publication, FM 3-90 Tactics, and thought it might be useful for all non-military members of the community interested in (US) doctrinal definitions of a lot of terms / missions used in Steel Beasts' scenarios and guidelines on how to plan and conduct them: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71686353/FM 3-90 Tactics.pdf

It works well when used in combination with APP-6A Military Symbols for Land Based Systems, which provides all the graphical symbols related to the missions above, many of which are available in Steel Beasts, and which may help developing and/or understanding briefings or your own scenarios: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71686353/APP-6A Military Symbols for Land Based Systems_1999.pdf

Whilst I applaud another reference, I'm always surprised when people don't know they already have some of these things.

The "Docs" folder in every SB install already has a copy of "STANAG2019 App-6c - MS-2525c" that's over 1,000 pages on symbology in a searchable PDF.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/15/2016 at 4:19 AM, Gibsonm said:

Whilst I applaud another reference, I'm always surprised when people don't know they already have some of these things.

The "Docs" folder in every SB install already has a copy of "STANAG2019 App-6c - MS-2525c" that's over 1,000 pages on symbology in a searchable PDF.

Well, as one saying goes, "copying from one source is plagiarism, copying from multiple sources is research." ;P