SB Installation problem

Brynio

Glad you got it resolved! :)

Got to admit that I was under the impression that you already disabled the AV software and background services in a previous installation attempt. That's *always* the 1st thing on the list, especially when copy-protection stuff (like CodeMeter or other types of DRM) is included. So sorry for sending you through all the Windows verification hassle. At least you know that your Windows Installation in OK now. ;)

10 hours ago, dunc said:

Glad you got it resolved! :)

Got to admit that I was under the impression that you already disabled the AV software and background services in a previous installation attempt. That's *always* the 1st thing on the list, especially when copy-protection stuff (like CodeMeter or other types of DRM) is included. So sorry for sending you through all the Windows verification hassle. At least you know that your Windows Installation in OK now. ;)

Maybe its one of those pieces of software that even though you turn it "off", it assumes it knows best and keeps junk running in the background until you "really" turn it off and restart, etc.

22 hours ago, Retro said:

Both the SB installer and the executable are digitally signed. I wonder if one could make the AV SW vendors add them to some kind of whitelist so that this stuff doesn't happen..

You may be able to add an exception for SB in the AV software's settings, i use 'AVG free' for example and theres options for it here;

options/advanced settings/exceptions