new scenario from Dragon6g

Dragon6g

Hello All,

Its been some time sense I have had the opportunity to post a scenario for you guys. Been kind of busy here in sunny 125+ degrees Mosul Iraq but ya got to love it. I once again invite you all to check out my new scenario South Bridge Slaughter. Hope you enjoy this one and I think you will. Take care guys

D6G,

Up to your usual standards on this one. It will go in my favorites folder along with O Powersurge,A the Bear. Your choice of terrain is outstanding! Keep em coming.

Congo

I played it for a little over an hour as you can see from the AAR. What criteria has to be met to score a victory. I believe I checked out at 70 min or so with one pocket of infantry left on the field of play with a score of 20 and a major defeat. You will find amusing the dreaded mating of the Russian armor which is evident in the screens and the AAR. Quite an interesting piece of armor when you cross a BMP with a T-80. I still found it to be an exciting scen. and thoroughly enjoyed it. Well forget about the AAR at 14 m it would not take it but here are the screens from the scenario.

56e83c6c9cfc7_SlaughteratSouthBridge_zip

Slaughter at South Bridge.zip

Edited by congo

I played it only once & then very quickly as well.

Still looks very hard to beat to mission.

How would you do it ?

What would you advise for positioning of units & tactics to be used ?

And yes, how are things going over there ? Hope you are well.

Rgds,

Koen

Dragon, can you confirm whether the enemy OOB is completely randomised? I played through your mission last night (and I agree with the comments above, the choice of terrain is great). I only killed 4 BDRM and 1 MTLB, but it then said that the battle was won and when I went through all the AAR those appeared to have been the only units that were present.

I was reviewing your aar files you sent me. sorry it took so long I'm hard pressed for time here. I don't know why there was a phantom enemy tank platoon in the north on the map I have never seen that before. Also coming down that coast line road on the east side of the map it looks like there was an enemy tank section (the one moving south) that just seemed to stop. Not sure why they stopped unless they were engaging something then they will do that. Or taking fire then they will retreat just a small ways. It didn't seem like the AI tanks got snagged in anything ether. I have played and tested this one quite a bit. I have 4 other people in my unit that have SB so I did get a lot of feed back before posting it . I have played it different ways and only got a snag a very few times, But maybe I should of put some more guidance in the briefing.

These will be notes I will update the brief with and repost.

Commander Notes

o to stop the attack you need to kill or immobilizes all the enemy AFV's

o troops hold no value as far as mission complete

o setting up at the 195 easting works well

o - 5 points per for losing 1/A 2/A 3/A A/XO A/CO. Total loss 25 points

o you are Anvil so anvil units have to survive

o enemy will randomly be a Company to Battalion size element

o indirect HE is a great tool for immobilizing bottled up enemy

o enemy will win if thy get to the western side of the bridge

o mission has many different random factors

I hope this help out a little to cut down on some of the frustration. Ill see if I can tighten up some other things to help out the game play. I never like releasing a scenario thats needs to be updated later but let me see what I can do for this one.

Dragon6g

until then I'm north on Tampa Guns blazing

Dragon, can you confirm whether the enemy OOB is completely randomised? I played through your mission last night (and I agree with the comments above, the choice of terrain is great). I only killed 4 BDRM and 1 MTLB, but it then said that the battle was won and when I went through all the AAR those appeared to have been the only units that were present.

I have never seen that before ?!?!? I have never not had tanks. . .

Hmmm.???

That is indeed what happened, Dragon, but I'll give the mission another try and send you the AAR.

I knocked out the 4 BDRM's, then sat there for roughly 10-15 minutes (with time compression on) before thinking "You know what, I don't think anyone else is coming."

So I went hunting, found the MTLB at the bottom left hand quadrant of the map , apparently just driving back and forth. Took it out (no troops appear to have dismounted), then I get the battle won message.

Perhaps it is a problem with the version of SB I'm using - I'm running the beta version, rather than the current stable release. Is anyone else using beta to play this mission?

I have been out of the net for a little bit so Im really not keeping up on updates. Has the bumpiness patch been released? Cause I am not using that. The MTLB in the lower left corner are the vehicles that control the random aspect of what you get sent at you. If they are stuck then the mission will not function. Non of the MTLB's on my commuter ever get hung up. I recommend going into the mission editor and just maybe moving the MTLBs just a tiny bit apart from each other. Sounds like they are getting snagged on something. I will say I have never seen so many bugs on a scenario before. Yes things could be a design flaw but Phantom units in the north?? t-80/bmp hybrids??? never seen any of that. Is this what everyone is getting when they download this mission? I would like to know if this is working well for anyone? Please let me know.

Thanx D6g

The BMP/T80 etc 'hybrid thing' is purely an artifact of the AAR seen most frequently when the mission is complex and there are spawning units.

This is not particularly newsworthy anymore, but seems to have had a recent surge in popularity ;)

One of the improvements noted in the features updates from Nils is an incrementally saved AAR, which should go some way to eliminating this bug, and more importantly it should free resources for more useful things.

Bumpiness is only introduced post .370 (public beta) so isn't yet in use, but your map theme should be created with the mobility changes in mind.