Olympia 2016 , Rio

Grenny

The Olympics have been a little bit of a farce for as long as I can remember.Ā  And this is the off topic thread Ssnake so shouldn't you be able to tell us all how you really feel?

Ā 

Doesn't matter if it was the East German "women's" team with their mustaches, the Chinese gymnasts who were 12 years old, no, wait, they meant to say 14 years old, except that was wrong too, because they all actually just forgot when they were born and they're all 16 we swear, etc...

Ā 

Meanwhile, in Rio, whatever you do, don't let the water get in you or else you'll catch some horrible disease, and don't speak ill of anyone or else they might just take your passport away and toss you in jail until you apologize.

Ā 

I'm just glad they didn't hold it in Chicago.Ā  That would have screwed up my commute to work.

• Members

No, I shouldn't - because the IOC and the NOCs have made sure that the games remain deeply connected to politics despite their claims to the contrary. You can't discuss the economics of the Olympic Games without pointing out the political side of it. A lot could be said here, and it wouldn't be pretty.

On 17/08/2016 at 10:39 PM, Grenny said:

Update today: 11 medals for the german armed forces!

3G 4S 4B

Ā 

So are there any members of the German team who aren't in the Bundeswehr?

Ā 

What about civilian participants?

Ā 

Or did you just give the East German team new outfits?

25 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Ā 

So are there any members of the German team who aren't in the Bundeswehr?

Ā 

What about civilian participants?

Ā 

Or did you just give the East German team new outfits?

Most of the olympic sports do not pay very well. So apart from a few athletes that have some kind of sponsor or a very convenient day job...most of them are either in the Bundeswehr or the Police service to pay for their living(and also provides training facilities).Ā