Kanium - Sunday 14th 1800 UTC - 4.0

2 hours ago, StKpPzBrig18 said:

How did you solve the Problem with the menu Access?

We played yesterday and People can´t rejoin because of no Chance to reach the menu from the the Hosting Computer. There was no Cursor while pausing for rejoin Clients.

Is that only a Problem in Client based Hosting?

We didn't have a problem.

I always go to the Map view before I pause (just so we can talk about things as the rejoin process runs).

Are you saying its not visible in the 3d world?

Also not sure what you mean by "client based hosting"? Either you are hosting or you are a client with someone else hosting. You can't be a client and host at the same time.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Gibsonm said:

We didn't have a problem.

I always go to the Map view before I pause (just so we can talk about things as the rejoin process runs).

Are you saying its not visible in the 3d world?

Also not sure what you mean by "client based hosting"? Either you are hosting or you are a client with someone else hosting. You can't be a client and host at the same time.

You are right, my english........

With Client Hosting i mean Hosting and playing on the same Computer. I mean it could be different from using dedicated Server.

But Map on is a good TIP will check it tonight.

3 minutes ago, StKpPzBrig18 said:

You are right, my english........

With Client Hosting i mean Hosting and playing on the same Computer. I mean it could be different from using dedicated Server.

But Map on is a good TIP will check it tonight.

All good, your English is better than my German. :)

I use my PC as the "Server", running the Server executable and playing on the same machine (no second instance or anything). So the one instance of the software is providing the Server function to the others and letting me play.

Edited by Gibsonm

Just now, Gibsonm said:

All good, your English is better than my German. :)

I use my Pc as the "Server", running the Server executable and playing on the same machine (no second instance or anything). So the one instance of the software is providing the Server function to the others and letting me play.

Sounds good. My plan was to use an old gaming PC as Server or going on our RootServer.

I live in the middle of nowhere in northern Germany, but we have fiberglassconnection since last year and that offers me more power by using down and upstream.

But last night run down some tears by comrades with old Hardware. They had to quit the session. FPS fall down to 1-2. So our Job ist to find out the greatest FPS Killer ;)

22 minutes ago, Swordsmandk said:

Also in regards to join after game crash:

- The first guy to crash could rejoin automatically. 

- the second we had to do a pause and rejoin to get back in. 

We tried to get "Nighty" in on that pause/rejoin. But no joy. ..

Don´t worry it was an communication Problem. It is better to have a channel to handle such a Situation instead using the command channel for that in an rolling battle.

It was my first time in an battle like that and i learned so much in 2,5h without beeing in the game from getting Situation from the Radio.

I learned about using whisper instead subchannels etc. it was more than enough for me.

i didn´t quitt an stay in platoon channel until the final AAR Briefing.

That is what i learned from my first day as a soldier snice yet. Don´t give up and use the time to learn or see it from an different Point of view.

Because of having mind and Hands free i could use only the Radio Messages for an Picture in my mind in what was going on in that Operation.

So it as more winning as loosing time at that night.

I come back and learn more.

Edited by StKpPzBrig18