4.0 Ready

Ssnake

Sorry "not quite Ta".

I'm old school and was downloading the parts. The download seems happy but the Windows complains about not wanting to save the parts.

"The file blah could not be saved, because the source file could not be read."

Blah = path and filename (ySTrjMx3.rar.part).

Happens with all five files but of course the filename varies.

Edited by Gibsonm

4 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Sorry "not quite Ta".

I'm old school and was downloading the parts. The download seems happy but the Windows complains about not wanting to save the parts.

"The file blah could not be saved, because the source file could not be read."

Blah = path and filename (ySTrjMx3.rar.part).

That sounds like a local problem. Check if you have enough diskspace, download again. I downloaded the parts fine, install went without a problem.

What browser are you using?

Edited by rump

1 hour ago, Ssnake said:

Uh-huh... whatever that means.

I heard that we might have a DNS resolution problem with the server on which the original torrent seed resides. This may be it.

Hi,

Can we get an alternative link to the torrent or maybe just the magnet link / hash? I want to start seeding it :)

Edit: Managed to download the .torrent file using Google dns (8.8.8.8). My own dns server's can't resolve mirror1.steelbeasts.com (returns nxdomain).

Edited by fragged

• Members
7 minutes ago, fragged said:

Can we get an alternative link to the torrent or maybe just the magnet link / hash? I want to start seeding it :)

I can't help you, only the webmaster. Which I have alerted a while ago. I suppose something went wrong with the web hoster from which we hired the mirror server to handle the additional load. Well, that worked splendidly.

21 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

I just gave it a try, and could download it directly. Not sure what to make of it.

The issue seems to have been resolved. It just takes time for caching dns servers to drop the old bad entries. I did a restart of my local bind9 dns server and it now resolves the address correctly. To me it looked like there was an issue with the steelbeasts.com NS record. It had some comcast server in there instead of the current 6 NS records.

So, I'm not entirely sure what to do here, except I want to install SB Pro PE 4.0.

I have SB Pro PE 3.028 and a codemeter stick with lifetime license. Do I need to purchase the SB Pro PE v4.0, “Classic” License 4.0 at full price ($125.00) or do I use the option to upgrade my stick at the $40 price tag?