4.0 Bug reports

Scrapper_511

I'm loving 4.0. B|

I did notice the following:

1. When quitting AAR from World view (after extensive playback), all buttons become inoperative after the 'Save to AAR?' prompt pops up.

2. Mine-roller missing texture (shows up as a blank/white 3D model). Appears to be working properly, just without its texture.

3. T-64B engine plume is rainbow colored.

4. Amphibs getting stuck in the middle of water bodies.

5. When attempting to change display resolution from main menu, after selecting a res and clicking 'ok', I hear a ding, get a hang, and then an error saying "A D3D object has a non-zero reference count...", and then I'm forced to close the app.

6. Scenario password protection is compromised in mission editor.

7. In the map editor, if I open a hgt map after having viewed a ter file, this ter file's name will remain as a description to the hgt file just opened (or any other hgt map opened, for that matter). I don't know if this is new with 4.0 since I didn't notice it before, but thought it prudent to mention here.

8. In the mission editor (design time), dismounted infantry that have been manually pre-arranged on the map, will instantly revert to default locations (where they initially popped up when selected to dismount) when parent vehicle is clicked on.

9. The Anti-Aliasing slider has detentes at 0-2-2-4-4-8-8-8-8-16.

10. When placing vehicle emplacements (M60), strange graphics show up (details and screenshot in reply). Not a bug (emplacement labels).

11. From gunner's view, the .50 cal and gun shield become misaligned when M113 is on a lateral slope. Gun sight reaches the edges of the slit of the shield reducing peripheral view (details and screenshot in reply).

Edit: I'm going to keep this OP current as I discover bugs, but will continue to list new ones and provide details via reply. Other players, please continue to post your discoveries.

Edited by Scrapper_511
Update list

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
3 hours ago, Scrapper_511 said:

1. When quitting AAR from World view (after extensive playback), all buttons become inoperative after the 'Save to AAR?' prompt pops up.

You mean the playback buttons? Or the ones on the little dialog box popping up?

10 hours ago, Ssnake said:

#4, could it be that there is a "reef" (a bump in the ground that almost reaches the surface)?

No, it's a wide river and perfectly flat at the bottom. BMP-2s get stuck soon after entering the river, PT-76 negotiate it but with some very weird and aggressive back and forth motions as if trying to ram through thick snow. Wish I had a video. On the other hand, my LAV-25s cross the same river with no problem and can continue to swim circles around the BMPs and PT-76s normally.

8 hours ago, Retro said:

You mean the playback buttons? Or the ones on the little dialog box popping up?

Well the playback buttons will work up to the point I elect to quit. Then the 'Save to AAR' message pops up...and when I try to click on 'no', nothing happens and from there either alll buttons seize to function or the mouse pointer becomes ineffective. Have to do a hard reboot.

As for the rainbow smoke, I think it's only happening to white exhaust (both T64A & B) and when there is sunshine.

Edited by Scrapper_511
re: hard reboot

5. When attempting to change display resolution from main menu, after selecting a res and clicking 'ok', I hear a ding, get a hang, and then an error saying "A D3D object has a non-zero reference count...", and then I'm forced to close the app.

I have a scenario (from v2.55 according to its author) that is Blue password protected. When I first open it up, the option for Blue password is not an option (this side is, of course, supposed to be protected already)and all Blue units are hidden in the editor. Then I run a test of it, play it a bit, then quit. Now all of a sudden, all Blue units are visible and available for manipulation (I can change waypoints, add more Blue units, etc...). In the password menu, there is now an option to enable Blue password. Blue party will be available in subsequent tests. The cycle repeats after a reboot.

Edit: It appears this only happens for a certain group of resolutions. So far, ok at 1600x900x32 and 640x480x32. Nevermind, switching between the two still caused a problem.

Edited by Scrapper_511
reboot, select resolutions

- Leopard 2A5 introduction tutorial briefing is in Swedish

- Leopard 1A5's gun tube and mantle have no texture when viewing from TC POV (both are white) - actually, it seems that the gun matle, gun and the whole hull are white, here's an image:

SS_01_17_42.png

Edited by Rosmarus

• Members
15 minutes ago, Scrapper_511 said:

That's usually related to graphics card drivers; updating (or, sometimes, downgrading) usually helps.

Hm. Seems like there's more work to do.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Scrapper_511 said:

As for the rainbow smoke, I think it's only happening to white exhaust (both T64A & B) and when there is sunshine.

Uh, do you mean it comes out like red/blue/green colors? O.o Or just different shades of gray?

If the latter, this is intentional - it varies between light gray and medium gray. If the former, then that would be a bug. I just looked and I see it varying in shades of gray, so is that also what you see?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Rosmarus said:

- Leopard 1A5's gun tube and mantle have no texture when viewing from TC POV (both are white) - actually, it seems that the gun matle, gun and the whole hull are white, here's an image:

17 hours ago, Scrapper_511 said:

2. Mine-roller missing texture (shows up as a blank/white 3D model). Appears to be working properly, just without its texture.

OK these both should be fixed now.

The issue is that we thought some of these textures were obsolete and removed them by accident trying to "clean house". :$

Please report any others you find missing.

Selecting the M1025 option on the Tank Range puts you in the Tank Commander seat and you cannot leave it.

The AI gunner then sits there and thinks about life while tracking enemy targets but never fires...

This "bug" quite possibly related to a problem where I did not have the old ProPE version 100% uninstalled, I also seem to have options for the tank range that others do not have.

Edited by Maj.Hans

7 hours ago, Scrapper_511 said:

BMP-2s get stuck soon after entering the river, PT-76 negotiate it but with some very weird and aggressive back and forth motions as if trying to ram through thick snow.

I think I was able to replicate this with the Luchs. Things got really weird when I enabled time acceleration:

Also, here are two more very minor bugs:

1. When looking around in either of the the T-72B1 gunners positions, at a certain angle the view through one of the vision blocks switches to what looks like some part of the interior.
  2. While in the F7 position of the sniper team, if I press "W" the spotter appears to try and walk, but he just ends up walking in place. He continues even if I switch to the F8 position. Once in F8, if I press "W" again, the two soldiers move as a pair like you'd expect.

SS_09_48_59.jpg

Edited by Lt DeFault

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Colebrook said:

AFV are engaging infantry with HE/HEAT only at coax range (1000-1200m), this is ok with standard infantry but is a big problem when you are facing atgms, because until you arrive 1200m or less your vehicles will do nothing.

OK thanks, we will take a look.

In the BMP-2 it is possible to go to the ATGM sight, open the sight cover/door, toggle ATGM power on for just long enough to tap the trigger, toggle ATGM power off, and then guide the missile using turret traverse on the stick and the ATGM elevation cranks on the keyboard...

I thought everything was supposed to be hand-crank only but...

I don't know if you can do this with the real vehicle, but I wanted to see what would happen if I toggled ATGM power off and what I found was, well, that.