4.0 Bug reports

Scrapper_511

• Members
10 hours ago, Scrapper_511 said:

5. When attempting to change display resolution from main menu, after selecting a res and clicking 'ok', I hear a ding, get a hang, and then an error saying "A D3D object has a non-zero reference count...", and then I'm forced to close the app.

Should be fixed now

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In M60A3 commander's position, the 12.7mm(.50cal) does not reload unless you are in the standing out of the cupola turret view. i.e., must be unbuttoned and standing, thus able to see the exterior of turret.

Also, transition from the two internal commander's positions are not smooth if in F1 (3D internal) view.

However, if you are using any of the sights (F2, F3, F4, etc. views) transitions smoothly.

Edit: Also, as was mentioned before, all five of the M1 Abrams tank variants are missing the gunner crewman in the gunner's seat.

Edited by Azure Lion

• Members
11 hours ago, Scrapper_511 said:

6. Scenario password protection is compromised in mission editor.

I have a scenario (from v2.55 according to its author) that is Blue password protected. When I first open it up, the option for Blue password is not an option (this side is, of course, supposed to be protected already)and all Blue units are hidden in the editor. Then I run a test of it, play it a bit, then quit. Now all of a sudden, all Blue units are visible and available for manipulation (I can change waypoints, add more Blue units, etc...). In the password menu, there is now an option to enable Blue password. Blue party will be available in subsequent tests. The cycle repeats after a reboot.

Wonder if you could upload or link to that scenario?

• Members
15 minutes ago, Azure Lion said:

Also, transition [in the M60] from the two internal commander's positions are not smooth if in F1 (3D internal) view.

However, if you are using any of the sights (F2, F3, F4, etc. views) transitions smoothly.

Edit: Also, as was mentioned before, all five of the M1 Abrams tank variants are missing the gunner crewman in the gunner's seat.

Yeah the M60 has so many sights and 'interesting' spots that it blew past all our (long established) design assumptions so you'll see some issues like these..

As for the M1s: it's just that with the large number of vehicles we had to prioritize things, so the decision was made to have first of all the externally visible crewmembers (TC, loader) present. Since the M1 gunner can never unbutton they were of lesser importance and hence placed later in the to-do list and we (well, VM) simply ran out of time - they'll be added for sure later on.

7 hours ago, Lt DeFault said:

I think I was able to replicate this with the Luchs. Things got really weird when I enabled time acceleration:

Thanks Lt. That is what I'm seeing (although I haven't tried time accel.). I thought maybe only tracked vehicles had the issues, but your video debunked that theory!

As mentioned previously, the LAV-25 appears to be immune to the circumstance, so not all vehicles are having problems.

Edited by Scrapper_511
LAV-25

8 hours ago, Volcano said:

I missed this earlier.

We are looking into that. Are you using English (US)?

At the moment yes, but it appears in English (UK) as well. I did a bit of further testing and it appears in Swedish when game is set to Finnish and Swedish as well.

Edited by Rosmarus

7. In the map editor, if I open a hgt map after having viewed a ter file, this ter file's name will remain as a description to the hgt file just opened (or any other hgt map opened, for that matter). I don't know if this is new with 4.0 since I didn't notice it before, but thought it prudent to mention here.

In the pic, I had just viewed the Hanover ter and then opened the new hobbs hgt file. In the lower right corner, the map info for Hanover lingers. FYI, the map shown is already the hobbs hgt...I decided to pull down the menu again and highlight which hgt I selected.

mapInfo.jpg

Edited by Scrapper_511
Re: new to 4.0?

This is a minor but cause i did read from release notes that this was fixed I went to test it and it seems that Cv9030 squad leader cannot come out of the hatch properly, nor that position cannot be used to observing other than vision blocks

Also.. are all the driver positions now only inside vehicles?  

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Lumituisku said:

This is a minor but cause i did read from release notes that this was fixed I went to test it and it seems that Cv9030 squad leader cannot come out of the hatch properly, nor that position cannot be used to observing other than vision blocks

Also.. are all the driver positions now only inside vehicles?  

That was probably a typo (CV9030).

Some driver's positions are able to unbutton, some not. It depends on model limitations. The BMP-2 for example, the driver cannot unbutton.

This may not be a bug but I do not see the gunner sitting in the gunners seat from the commanders position in Leopard 2a6.

I can see the loader.

From the gunners seat I do see the commander however.

Actually I thinks its all Leop 2

Edited by Parachuteprone

8. In the mission editor (design time), dismounted infantry that have been manually pre-arranged on the map, will instantly revert to default locations (where they initially popped up when selected to dismount) when parent vehicle is clicked on.

Edited by Scrapper_511
added: initially popped up...

14 minutes ago, Miki765 said:

a little scenario

GUN RAGER TEST1.sce

Just reduce the view distance, its a hardware limitation. Its like Operation Flashpoint. You could ramp the view distances all the way to the maximum, but your computer is unlikely to handle it and having max view distance is unneeded anyway.

20 hours ago, Splash said:

Using TrackIR, when in the commander's seat of the Humvee and LMV, the view scans with the gunner.

By the way, this seems to be the case on most of the truck-type vehicles with a commander riding shotgun and a vehicle weapon present.  (Eagle, Dingo, Cougar, etc)

And speaking of trucks, the technicals lose their color (go gray) when you occupy a crew position but have it when viewed externally.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Parachuteprone said:

This may not be a bug but I do not see the gunner sitting in the gunners seat from the commanders position in Leopard 2a6.

I can see the loader.

From the gunners seat I do see the commander however.

Actually I thinks its all Leop 2

Yes, as Retro mentioned, not all vehicles have a 3D gunner (nor 3D driver). This is just how it is going to have to be until the models are updated. From now on, all 3D crew memebers will be represented on new vehicles but in old vehicles they had to be retrofitted and, as such, do not have a crew member for every position on every vehicle.

In most cases, only the crew that actually appear from the external view are represented, and this includes the loader and commander.