4.0 Bug reports

Scrapper_511

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, RogueSnake79 said:

I of course don't know the Arabic language, so I used google translate, and downloaded an "Arabic" font.  Feel free to edit that texture and fix it, upload to mods section.

Google translate gives a different result than what appears on the sign, see attached.

I would have also used Google translate, considering my limited Arabic.

gt.JPG

Some little invisible textures while rotating the T-72 turret at F4 gunner view... When the cannon is to the front always looks nice, the problem is when the gun start to go up while the turret turns.

+ Found this at BMP-2 (that turret fan sounds adds lot to immersion, is great!)

7ibUPDS.jpg

Edited by Vikingo

10. When placing vehicle emplacements (M60), strange graphics show up:

The gray box appeared with the first emplacement, when I started to duplicate the emplacements, the green ones showed up. The rectangular shapes move with the emplacements.

SS_21_36_45.png

Edited by Scrapper_511
Add .png

• Members

Yes. All 'engineering' obstacles can be labelled now (and in green font color, to boot). So the green rectangles are the (empty) labels of the non-selected emplacements, while the gray rectangle is the textbox for the currently active emplacement..

• Members
On 11.8.2016 at 5:32 AM, Splash said:

Using TrackIR, when in the commander's seat of the Humvee and LMV, the view scans with the gunner.

On 12.8.2016 at 2:01 AM, Splash said:

By the way, this seems to be the case on most of the truck-type vehicles with a commander riding shotgun and a vehicle weapon present.  (Eagle, Dingo, Cougar, etc)

Thanks this should be fixed now

• Moderators
On 8/13/2016 at 7:13 PM, delta6 said:

Off topic but...Can the 155 sp have a larger muzzle flash??

Sure it should, but currently they are all just standard size based on what type of gun they are (small caliber, .50 cal, autocanon, big gun).

Regarding the new particles and 3D crew stuff - we have to crawl before we can walk. ;)

From gunner's view, the .50 cal and gun shield become misaligned when M113 is on a lateral slope. Gun sight reaches the edges of the slit of the shield reducing peripheral view.

I have a feeling this is already a work in progress, but thought I'd mention it just in case...

shieldAnd50.png

When playing as commander in a vehicle with a turret: when you give orders for the gunner to scan left or scan right or scan straight ahead, the gunner will proceed to begin rocking the turret back and forth with such force that the turret brake is in continual use.  It will do this for a minute or two and then finally proceed with the proper scan.

3 hours ago, Volcano said:

That is behaving correctly, actually.

aha! Well mystery solved, thanks! The "Russian way of make things work", no? :P Strange that in "off" turns on the same and you can't turn it off again hehe

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, enigma6584 said:

When playing as commander in a vehicle with a turret: when you give orders for the gunner to scan left or scan right or scan straight ahead, the gunner will proceed to begin rocking the turret back and forth with such force that the turret brake is in continual use.  It will do this for a minute or two and then finally proceed with the proper scan.

That IS a proper scan. IRL if the gunner is given a scan direction then the gunner is expected to scan violently back in forth to aggressively look for a contact.  The slow, meandering scan is not correct for that. Essentially the directed scan is the gunner at "heightened awareness".

That said, whether you hear the turret brake sound constantly probably depends on the vehicle. Just curious, which vehicle were you in at the time?

• Members
2 hours ago, Lumituisku said:

I just noticed that BMP2s in platoon of three (2 of 3 bmp:s) Seem to carry 8 soldiers now instead of casual 6 they used to? So total count of dismounts from platoon of three BMP-2s is  22  when it used to be just 18.

Well, we have to somehow accommodate the platoon HQs. These do not add significantly to the platoon's overall firepower, so it seems to be not such a big problem. On the other hand, dynamc redistribution of jobs/tasks would be a major redesign of the infantry related code, and we seem to have our hands quite full with other redesign work. So we took the easy way out. The alternative would have been no platoon command sections at all for any mechanized unit, or to reduce the squad sizes, which seemed to be the much worse alternative.

53 minutes ago, Volcano said:

That IS a proper scan. IRL if the gunner is given a scan direction then the gunner is expected to scan violently back in forth to aggressively look for a contact.  The slow, meandering scan is not correct for that. Essentially the directed scan is the gunner at "heightened awareness".

That said, whether you hear the turret brake sound constantly probably depends on the vehicle. Just curious, which vehicle were you in at the time?

Ah, excellent.  Good to know.  Was so different from what I'm used to I assumed it was a bug.  I was testing all the T series of Russian tanks.  This also happens with various PCs and IFVs I was looking at.  Thanks for the clarification.

3 hours ago, Volcano said:

Yeah, it has to do with the wiring apparently. The fan always runs regardless of the switch setting, unless the panel is off, or something like this. Anyway, the only reason I know about this is because I too thought it was a bug in the past. ;)

:) thank Gods the electrician that do that outstanding wiring just wire that part and didn't connect the AT4-/5 release button to the BMP driver lights :D From now on : if it's a Russian vehicle is not a bug it was "by design" :ph34r: xD

Just look what happens to me at AAR ^_^

http://imgur.com/a/38tuD

Edited by Vikingo

7 hours ago, Volcano said:

Can someone upload the scenario where civilians are walking around with no body (or let me know the name of it if available in base install, or in downloads section here)? It seems to be the same that everyone is observing this in.

I am looking forward to larger muzzle flashes for the 155's...The kind that ruin your night vision...