4.0 Bug reports

Scrapper_511

Driver? Hatch? On a Boxer? Just talking about the commander and commander's hatch on the Boxer.

The commander popping up while the hatch is still closed sounds like the issue I encountered however.

Probably one in the same. Didn't really pay that much attention since I felt it was a very minor issue.

Sorry, I think I think I got a little off topic from the original poster concerning the Boxer.

Which reminds me. Another very minor thing, the CV90-35 DK (and if you squint hard enough on the CV90-30 FI) port forward rear passenger helmet becomes visible when the turret turns such that the helmet is no longer hidden by the turret.

SS_15_47_20.png

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
On 8/23/2016 at 3:55 PM, Azure Lion said:

Which reminds me. Another very minor thing, the CV90-35 DK (and if you squint hard enough on the CV90-30 FI) port forward rear passenger helmet becomes visible when the turret turns such that the helmet is no longer hidden by the turret.

Thanks, yes, this is a an old known issue caused by the fact that, for technical reasons, the soldiers in the back can only have one sitting pose at the moment. Really that guy in the shorter hull area needs a unique sitting pose of his own, something where he is hunched over more.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Volcano said:

Thanks, yes, this is a an old known issue caused by the fact that, for technical reasons, the soldiers in the back can only have one sitting pose at the moment. Really that guy in the shorter hull area needs a unique sitting pose of his own, something where he is hunched over more.

Actually, after some experimentation this has been fixed (the soldier sticking out of the top of the CV90 troop compartment). We just moved that specific soldier down a tad on the model. :)

This may miss the first patch/update however...

I notice using some Marders: I force the troops dismount "if unit see any enemy forces", they dismount, the Marder go away and the Milan team never use the Milan, they stay hitting the floor while the enemy tanks approaches (still far away) If I give them for example LAWs or other shoulder weapons instead of Milan they fire back when tanks are closer...  If I place an stoped Marder with dismounted troops with "defense" behaviour they use the Milan.

The pause and rejoin are causing some wierd map issues.

When 20+ players and doing pause and rejoin fake enemy map icons shows up in map after game is resumed . 

I will post movie of it later today. 

Also during the pause and rejoin session some people froze at about 70 percent and had to close client and reconnect. 

The CV9035DK will not reload ABM/HEI (left feed?)when given the reload command from either the Commanders position or external view, it only works if you traverse the turret from the gunners position. 

It should be noted that the reload message/ feed back is shown when the command is given but no rounds are actually loaded.

The right feed reloads just fine and the problem doesn't seem to affect the NL version either. 

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Swordsmandk said:

The pause and rejoin are causing some wierd map issues.

When 20+ players and doing pause and rejoin fake enemy map icons shows up in map after game is resumed . 

I will post movie of it later today. 

Also during the pause and rejoin session some people froze at about 70 percent and had to close client and reconnect. 

Interesting, the Beta team saw this before during testing but at the time it was caused by user error -- someone somehow joined with the wrong version, or had installed 4.0 over 3.0, or something like that. I wonder if that is the case here too? Perhaps not though.  In any case, we will keep an eye out for it.

Can you upload the scenario please?

• Moderators
On 8/27/2016 at 4:46 PM, Vikingo said:

The AI unit was trying to shoot the missiles to a Cobra helicopter very close to the ground (tree top behaviour) and all the missiles were fired well, to the ground... I was using the map "Wolfsburg_Germany.ter" Thanks!

Thanks, should be easy to fix. :)

AI dont automatically change to 'fire at will' fire control when given an 'engage' or 'assault' route after being on a 'scout' route. Ie; it changes to 'return fire only' when told to scout, then when told to engage, does not adopt 'fire at will' unless explicitly told to do so.

Edited by Bond_Villian

16 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Not sure if that qualifies as a bug but rather a consequence of the standard UI behavior to maintain fire control orders (or flight level) until a change is ordered.

Thanks for the reply.

If the AI takes the liberty of assuming 'return fire only' for a scout route (without being explicitly told to do so/ "change being ordered"), it seems counterintuitive and a bit inconsistent for it to not assume 'fire at will' for an attack route, dont you think? Food for thought anyway

Cheers