Jump to content
Scrapper_511

4.0 Bug reports

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Volcano said:

OK, Rainbow exhaust smoke has been fixed.

Thank you Retro and Volcano for getting the issues looked at and fixed promptly, and thanks for the updates here. I'm sure there's a whole team of bug stompers behind you, so big thanks to them.

Edited by Scrapper_511

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah great thanks.

 

So drivers that cannot open hatch is cause those are not modeled or hatch is not modeled and hence cannot be opened. In the past it was possible that driver position cam was possible to lift trough the hatch, because no driver or interior would be visible.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a complaint,just a question...If 3 different countries are engaged in battle is it possible for each country to have its own skins??Example Egypt America versus Libya?? Egyptian skins American skins and Libyan skins...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, delta6 said:

Not a complaint,just a question...If 3 different countries are engaged in battle is it possible for each country to have its own skins??Example Egypt America versus Libya?? Egyptian skins American skins and Libyan skins...

 

In a scenario, it is possible to give a unique skin to each color/side/faction.

 

So it would be possible to create Blue as American units, Green as Egyptian units, and Red as Libyan units, each with it's own skin.

It is possible to then set Green as being Allied/Hostile/Neutral to the other colors as appropriate, for example to make Green/Egypt allies with Blue/US and enemies with Red/Libya.

 

The problem is that the Blue player does not have any control over the Green units, even though they are allies.  This isn't a problem if, in our example, Green's actions will be scripted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Maj Hans...Now how do I do that??  In the camo selection I have blue and red only,no green or other colors..

Edited by delta6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, delta6 said:

Thank you Maj Hans...Now how do I do that??  In the camo selection I have blue and red only,no green or other colors..

you have add more parties(green, yellow etc etc) first and the set wether they are friendly/hostile/neutral. you do that in the sce editor...where can switch from red to blue there is also an option to modify...this will open a menue for adding parties

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Scrapper_511 said:

8. In the mission editor (design time), dismounted infantry that have been manually pre-arranged on the map, will instantly revert to default locations (where they initially popped up when selected to dismount) when parent vehicle is clicked on.

Hmm if the vehicle is being clicked on (ie just selected) or if it's (even ever so slightly) moved? The latter would be a feature, not a bug. You can make the infantry units stay in place by assigning them a tactic (for example 'stay') - then you should be able to move the parent vehicle without the infantry units moving along with it..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dpabrams said:

When "viewing" in the mission editor, the AH-1Q, Apache and Mi-8/17 cannot be viewed. However when testing in the editor, they appear. Pleasantly all my M1 mods from 3. whatever work as well as the M2A2 and M901. I wish I could find my old maps

I'm wondering what 'flight height' you set for them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lumituisku said:

So drivers that cannot open hatch is cause those are not modeled or hatch is not modeled and hence cannot be opened. In the past it was possible that driver position cam was possible to lift trough the hatch, because no driver or interior would be visible

There's also the problem that quite a few vehicles feature interlocks that negate all turret movement once the driver has his hatch open, so SOP would be for the driver never to look outside (and let's not forget that SB is supposed to model combined arms combat so again the driver wouldn't be very likely to peek out, even on 'march' orders). Of course that's offset somewhat by allowing for the limited views we can render/represent compared to RL so a little cheating might be allowed..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grenny said:

you have add more parties(green, yellow etc etc) first and the set wether they are friendly/hostile/neutral. you do that in the sce editor...where can switch from red to blue there is also an option to modify...this will open a menue for adding parties

I now have a green friendly unit...How do I make it and ally???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Manage Parties" dialog (upper right hand corner of the Mission Editor), then select in the upper/right half of the party matrix the combination of, say, Blue and Green, and set this to "allied" (the yellow cell will turn green). Or leave it to "neutral", and click the button "allied, if..." which opens the usual Conditions dialog, and when complete, adds a letter "A" to the cell (indicating that there's an "allied" condition tied to it; same with N for "neutral, if..." and E for "Enemy, if...").

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Retro said:

Hmm if the vehicle is being clicked on (ie just selected) or if it's (even ever so slightly) moved? The latter would be a feature, not a bug. You can make the infantry units stay in place by assigning them a tactic (for example 'stay') - then you should be able to move the parent vehicle without the infantry units moving along with it..

Ah, you are right. Stay and Hold works. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, dpabrams said:

When "viewing" in the mission editor, the AH-1Q, Apache and Mi-8/17 cannot be viewed.

I concur. None of the choppers I've tried are showing up when viewed at design time. Even set at ground level, nowhere to be found. I am finding pairs of M-240s laying on the ground where a Blackhawk should be. LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update to the Leo 1A5 texture bug: I tested both 1A5 and 1A5-DK1 versions and they both have mantle, gun and the hull textures missing. They also display "woodland" camo even when the vehicle sports desert camo when viewing from TC:s hatch.

 

Cougar 6x6 MRAP: When you select M2HB as the optional weapon system, the gunner's model does not turn with the turret.

Edited by Rosmarus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2016 at 7:34 AM, Lt DeFault said:

SS_00_23_18.jpg

 

That Arabic sign is a meaningless group of non-cursive (Arabic script is cursive) letters.

I wonder why isn't it cursive? The letters connection is generally done automatically while typing.  

 

As for the civilians - looks like they were beheaded...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 5:11 PM, dpabrams said:

When "viewing" in the mission editor, the AH-1Q, Apache and Mi-8/17 cannot be viewed. However when testing in the editor, they appear. Pleasantly all my M1 mods from 3. whatever work as well as the M2A2 and M901. I wish I could find my old maps

I  also have same thing, also when view in mission design,  the hind is crashed.

SS_17_12_04.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ssnake said:

"Manage Parties" dialog (upper right hand corner of the Mission Editor), then select in the upper/right half of the party matrix the combination of, say, Blue and Green, and set this to "allied" (the yellow cell will turn green). Or leave it to "neutral", and click the button "allied, if..." which opens the usual Conditions dialog, and when complete, adds a letter "A" to the cell (indicating that there's an "allied" condition tied to it; same with N for "neutral, if..." and E for "Enemy, if...").

Thank you Ssnake..Now the Green units can pass thru my lines without getting shot to pieces...Red units don't have it so easy..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TAM VC - player occupied vehicle cycles gun elevation and fires very infrequently. AI wingmen are faster firing than the AI/Player vehicle, which can take several minutes to fire at a plainly visible target from a stationary position. Going to/from map view can 'fix' this behaviour once it starts.
May not be only limited to this vehicle, but rather a feedback between AI gunner and framerate (alternating minimums 14/27 and maximum 29/32 with an average ~28)


105mm OFUM PH 105 is listed as HE-T / HE still, though has penetration values consistent with the other WP rounds that it's designation suggests. I think this may already have been flagged in the past.

Edited by GSprocket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tantalwz88 said:

Should the high explosive rounds from bmp-2 have that kind of splash on ground ??

 

It would depend to a degree on the dustiness settings of that particular type of ground in that location. That said, maybe we will tone down the effect of many of the medium caliber HE rounds in future versions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GSprocket said:

105mm OFUM PH 105 is listed as HE-T / HE still, though has penetration values consistent with the other WP rounds that it's designation suggests. I think this may already have been flagged in the past.

 

Well, this time it registered. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2016 at 3:29 PM, Iarmor said:

 

That Arabic sign is a meaningless group of non-cursive (Arabic script is cursive) letters.

I wonder why isn't it cursive? The letters connection is generally done automatically while typing.  

 

As for the civilians - looks like they were beheaded...

 

I of course don't know the Arabic language, so I used google translate, and downloaded an "Arabic" font.  Feel free to edit that texture and fix it, upload to mods section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...