4.0 Bug reports

Scrapper_511

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Ssnake said:

They still moved, lying on their sides?

Yes - you can just see the dust behind them in the first two shots as they keep station with the ones on their wheels.

Fully functional (moved on routes, changed formations, even crossed a MT-55 bridge, etc.) just two of the four on their side.

29067948156_6539729454_o.png

Edited by Gibsonm

I looked and didn't see this posted before...

In the Boxer, the crewman sticks his head through the hatch.  I think it might happen in a couple of APCs, this is the one where I remembered to get a screen shot.  It might be just that the devs didn't yet update the vehicle model to have moving hatches.

SS_16_25_24.jpg

A couple of very minor things dealing with the MANs

MAN 10t: when equipping either of the the roof mounted remote systems, ammo counts are off and unable to add in reserve grenades.

MG3 just has default ammo count off.

MAN SX45: starboard wheels are still 'inverted' as opposed to spare and, as far as perspective is concerned, port wheels.

SS_06_52_44.png

SS_06_52_59.png

SS_06_53_14.png

SS_06_53_28.png

SS_06_47_38.png

SS_06_47_46.png

Edited by Azure Lion

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Azure Lion said:

A couple of very minor things dealing with the MANs

MAN 10t: when equipping either of the the roof mounted remote systems, ammo counts are off and unable to add in reserve grenades.

MG3 just has default ammo count off.

MAN SX45: starboard wheels are still 'inverted' as opposed to spare and, as far as perspective is concerned, port wheels.

The inverted wheels on the MAN SX45 should be fixed now -- amazing that no one noticed this all these years! :/

As for the MAN 10t issues, all of those should be fixed now as well.

• Moderators
On 8/21/2016 at 3:29 PM, thewood said:

I looked and didn't see this posted before...

In the Boxer, the crewman sticks his head through the hatch.  I think it might happen in a couple of APCs, this is the one where I remembered to get a screen shot.  It might be just that the devs didn't yet update the vehicle model to have moving hatches.

I am guessing that is in the Planning Phase? If so, then this is known/intentional - the commanders show up in the min position with hatches closed. There are technical reasons for that at the moment. However, in EXE Phase they should be fine (not sticking through hatch).

Or as my assumption incorrect and you are indeed seeing them like this in the EXE Phase?

• Moderators
On 8/20/2016 at 4:39 AM, Gibsonm said:

Yes - you can just see the dust behind them in the first two shots as they keep station with the ones on their wheels.

Fully functional (moved on routes, changed formations, even crossed a MT-55 bridge, etc.) just two of the four on their side.

Thanks for the report. We have observed the same thing (side ways wheeled vehicles) in cases where the network conditions are quite bad (packet loss, high ping, etc).

Did it ever clear up for you in game with them moving right-side-up? Or were they like that the entire time? :o

4 hours ago, Volcano said:

OK well, perhaps we can improve this at some point and just have the crew be buttoned up in Planning Phase (and Mission Editor). It doesn't exactly look good as it is now, I admit.

Don't waste the effort.  I never even realized it was only in planning phase.

10 hours ago, Volcano said:

The inverted wheels on the MAN SX45 should be fixed now -- amazing that no one noticed this all these years! :/

As for the MAN 10t issues, all of those should be fixed now as well.

Well, if they were like me, just thought it was too minor to mention. Considering all that you guys have been up to, I still felt loathe to trouble you with these.

10 hours ago, Volcano said:

I am guessing that is in the Planning Phase? If so, then this is known/intentional - the commanders show up in the min position with hatches closed. There are technical reasons for that at the moment. However, in EXE Phase they should be fine (not sticking through hatch).

Or as my assumption incorrect and you are indeed seeing them like this in the EXE Phase?

Actually, I have seen this in the exe phase. There are occasions where the commander will pop up and the hatch will remain closed. (I do not recall seeing this when they button up.) It will auto correct itself, but somewhere during transitioning, the commander will be up and the hatch closed. (another one of those very minor bugs)

Edit: If I recall properly, I think it is when the commander goes to fully exposed, not semi-exposed.

Edited by Azure Lion

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Azure Lion said:

Actually, I have seen this in the exe phase. There are occasions where the commander will pop up and the hatch will remain closed. (I do not recall seeing this when they button up.) It will auto correct itself, but somewhere during transitioning, the commander will be up and the hatch closed. (another one of those very minor bugs)

Edit: If I recall properly, I think it is when the commander goes to fully exposed, not semi-exposed.

That is something different. We are aware that the crew will pop out of the hatch first, then the hatch will open - but they should never ride around with hatch closed and head stuck through it (unless it is a driver's hatch that does not open on very old vehicles, but we try not to allow that crewman to unbutton in that case, like the BMP-2 driver).