SB Wiki pages...

Volcano

• Moderators

Too bad the Wiki forum is gone, but I guess that is because no one posted in there. o.O

Anyway, here are two new  vehicle manuals for your pleasures...

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=T-72B1_m.1985

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=BMP-2

That should be everything you want to know, and don't want to know, about those two vehicles. If there are any errors then PM me what they are.

Yes, I plan on typing up a page on the M60A3 (which will be like writing War and Peace), T-55, Shot Kal, some of the infantry improvements and possibly some unit template information. The only trouble is, this must happen in my spare time and I can only do so much, so it will just have to happen over a period of time. 

As the community veterans get more experienced with the vehicles and content then I encourage them to make wiki pages. The Wiki process is pretty simple; just copy and paste an exiting vehicle manual page and then change the text. ;)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Volcano said:

Yes, I plan on typing up a page on the M60A3 (which will be like writing War and Peace), T-55, Shot Kal, some of the infantry improvements and possibly some unit template information. The only trouble is, this must happen in my spare time and I can only do so much, so it will just have to happen over a period of time. 

As the community veterans get more experienced with the vehicles and content then I encourage them to make wiki pages. The Wiki process is pretty simple; just copy and paste an exiting vehicle manual page and then change the text. ;)

I have recently acquired a  -10 for the 'A3.  Let me know if you would like a copy.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, TSe419E said:

I have recently acquired a  -10 for the 'A3.  Let me know if you would like a copy.

Thanks for the offer. We have them though, as we couldn't have made the vehicle without it (that would have been painful). :)

But it will come in handy if you think you find an error.

4 hours ago, Volcano said:

FWIW, here is the Sho't Kal page. It should be "finished" but if there are any errors then let me know (or fix them). 

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=Sho't_Kal

All the the mythical and magical mysteries of the gun sight are explained therein. :)

The Shot Cal A had 72 main gun rounds, including HEAT and smoke.

HEAT, smoke and HESH rounds can be seen in the following picture, which was taken during the 1973 war, near the deserted Quneitra hospital:

Quneitra.jpg

• Moderators
On 8/13/2016 at 9:21 AM, Iarmor said:

The Shot Cal A had 72 main gun rounds, including HEAT and smoke.

HEAT, smoke and HESH rounds can be seen in the following picture, which was taken during the 1973 war, near the deserted Quneitra hospital:

It is easy enough to change the ammo counts on the Shot Kal, but could you please provide a reference for the 72 total gun rounds? We try not to make substantial changes just based on a post in a forum. Then there is a question of how much of that was "ready" and how much of it was "stowed".

HEAT and smoke can be allowed -- they won't be default ammo but the user could apply them if they want.

I am wondering though, how did they aim with HEAT given that the ballistics didn't match anything in the gunsight? Perhaps they used the .30 Cal scale? :o Or maybe they used in close range only... it would make sense at least, because it would be almost guaranteed kill on a T-55 or T-62.