Reducing Stutters with external FPS Limiter

McDaniel

Good evening guys

I made a video on how I cured my stutters. I play at 4K resolution with a 60 hz Monitor, VSYNC on.

Logical, you need at least 60 fps to have a smooth experience, but in my case, it was not smooth, even with 60 fps, so I used a little trick.

Hope it helps some people....

please dont mind my accent and my bad shooting!!! lol

McDan out

Edited by McDaniel

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks McDaniel for posting your trick!

I tried to follow your logic and the GUI for MSI Afterburner and the RivaTuner but think I failed. I can create a specific profile for SBProPE64cm.exe but it doesn't seem to kick in. How do I know that Afterburner is using any thrust? I do not have the FPS counter (ingame SBPro) that RivaTuner suggest I should have.

Could you once more (in addition to your excellent video) try to guide me on this issue?

What versions of those softwares are you using?

Thanks in advance,

/Ingolf

On 2016-08-21 at 1:14 AM, Vikingo said:

Thanks! With these settings I cure my stutter here (a good alternative for Nvidia without external programs, even for below 60 fps)

http://imgur.com/a/jjhlx

Thanks Vikingo, I tried those alternative settings for my Nvidia card and it removed the stutter at certain (and acceptable) graphics levels. Naturally, it depends on what map I'm using and number of fighting units. With the detailed Finnish maps I now get an "ok" frame rate without stutters and with the less intense default maps, it runs excellent! Still, I need to figure out if the Afterburner + RivaTuner actually makes any difference for me.

Edited by Ingolf

5 hours ago, Ingolf said:

Thanks Vikingo, I tried those alternative settings for my Nvidia card and it removed the stutter at certain (and acceptable) graphics levels. Naturally, it depends on what map I'm using and number of fighting units. With the detailed Finnish maps I now get an "ok" frame rate without stutters and with the less intense default maps, it runs excellent! Still, I need to figure out if the Afterburner + RivaTuner actually makes any difference for me.

Great Ingolf ! Glad it worked there in some way B| I will try also the RivaTuner one but I really satisfied with just the drivers/game settings ^_^

@Vikingo; I normally never see the need for using 3rd party boosters. Pretty satisfied with Nvidias options too. With SBProPE I really appreciate the high quality of the sights and tend to strive for perfection. It is just awesome having a smooth, stutter-free presentation of the battleground through the scope!