New MP scenario ideas

Grenny

That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his passport shall be made,
And crowns for convoy put into his purse;
We would not die in that man's company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.
This day is call'd the feast of Crispian.
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam'd,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say "To-morrow is Saint Crispian."
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars,
And say "These wounds I had on Crispin's day."
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember, with advantages,
What feats he did that day. 

As an idea for a large multiplayer engagement and with the availability of the new vehicles from 4.0 to create a large Cold War scenario based on 1985.

Instead creating a single scenario we could  create a Campaing to be played in several events based on the outcome of the previous combat and accounting materiel and vehicles destroyed.

We have plenty of literature and information as well as terrain maps and the appropiate vehicles and ammunition to recreate this with detail.

I would happily organize this myself but I am moving to a new country and to a new job next month and I will not be able to run the show myself due  the lack of time however if some VU or person wants to take the challenge I would surely like to help and participate.

With the new T tanks, BMP, M60, Leopard 1, Mi8, and that era uniforms, cammo.......................... And all the other goddies that 4.0 offers, we can make a really good and detailled representation of a Cold War like never before.

Anyone wants to take the lead on this?

M-60A3_near_Giessen_in_Germany_1985.JPEG

1*Qkwcke3QL0MDSMz_jIv0KA.jpeg

leopard-1-mbt_9.jpg

east_german_bmp_2_by_wolfenkrieger-d4fy0

These wargames scenario books have lots of ideas - I use them for miniatures gaming:

Available as PDF $2.99 from : http://www.wargamevault.com/browse.php?keywords=shilka+publishing&x=0&y=0&author=&artist=&pfrom=&pto= and on Kindle GBP 1.99

Here is sampler.

Maps are designed for tabletop, but sure you could expand to suit.  Many scenarios have reinforced companies.

Bear_Marches_West_sample.pdf

Edited by 2-pies

49 minutes ago, 2-pies said:

These wargames scenario books have lots of ideas - I use them for miniatures gaming:

Available as PDF $2.99 from : http://www.wargamevault.com/browse.php?keywords=shilka+publishing&x=0&y=0&author=&artist=&pfrom=&pto= and on Kindle GBP 1.99

Here is sampler.

Maps are designed for tabletop, but sure you could expand to suit.  Many scenarios have reinforced companies.

Bear_Marches_West_sample.pdf

Interesting Book. Indeed good ideas for creating scenarios. I will buy it. Thanks for the heads up!!

1 hour ago, 2-pies said:

PS to my last:

We don't use pointy sticks anymore - we have LASERS :)

If I had a $1 for every laser pointer that broke, had flat batteries, got lost in the belly of the beast, didn't show up on the surface, people didn't know what I was pointing at, ...

I still use an antenna top in the field (its clear, precise and has a secondary role as a "counselling tool" when people's attention wanders).

Lasers are for staff wallies in auditoriums. :)

Edited by Gibsonm