"The CmAct Licence has to be activated again error 263" [Resolved][again]

Ssnake

Just to inform...

After 2-3 succesful start-ups of SB 4.0 with a new Codemeter stick, today a got the same prompt error as before.  Did not do anything to my PC since I Installed the Codemeter stick.  I rebooted my PC and SB and Codemeter CC were back to normal (except for my time-based license), so it´s not only regarded to a time-based license issue I would think.

Edited by Red2112

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
11 hours ago, Red2112 said:

After 2-3 succesful start-ups of SB 4.0 with a new Codemeter stick, today a got the same prompt error as before.

Unfortunately you never actually posted the exact text of your error message in this thread. I would look up your case locally, but I can't make the connection between your forum name and your email address, so if you would be so kind...?

3 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Unfortunately you never actually posted the exact text of your error message in this thread. I would look up your case locally, but I can't make the connection between your forum name and your email address, so if you would be so kind...?

I think we are all talking about the same prompt, it´s on the title of this post.  Error 263 and 200, both show up on the same prompt, e-mail deep2112.  Just a suposicion, it seems like the Codemeter CC is having trouble picking the right container on start-up sometimes.

Edited by Red2112

• Members

That would indicate that it has trouble recognizing the CM stick. Error messages will pop up only after all methods of securing a license have failed. So, if you DO have a CM stick with a valid 4.0 license and you get to see the error message, maybe your stick isn't properly recognized. Try a different USB port in that case.

Thank you Ssnake!  I will try that if it happens again.

Just for the record...

Yes I do have a CM stick with a valid 4.0 license (check your sale´s department if so) with which I got a free one month time-based license. I also bought a one month time-based license before that which has expired. So technically I have 3 containers.  When the error prompt poped-up the Codemeter CC only showed two containers, both with the time-based licenses, one was the expired licenses and the other is the non-working time-based licences that provokes current error 263, 200.  On reboot the Codemeter CC showed all three containers again and SB 4.0 start-up went smooth.

Care,

Red

• 3 weeks later...

windows 10 home, post anniversary update, and subsequent security fix

did all mentioned above

1 month Soft license

i emailed snake.

posted to update not all is happy yet with the un invited post windows 10 update,

thanks

dave 

It seems this problem has not been completely resolved, at least not for me. Maybe someone out there has some tricks, advice, or magic that can help me while I wait for my stick to arrive. On the CodeMaster Control Center my time based license still says Activation invalid. This is what I wrote to WIBU-Systems about my problem. Open session for the noob, LOL

On the 19th of September I did purchase the Classic SB Pro v4.0 “Classic” License which includes the Code Meter stick , which I have not received yet, as well as a one month license. I did install the SB program and updated to the 4.004v of the sim and then install the license to the CodeMeter program. All went well as I did run a couple of gunnery exercises with no problem what so ever. There were some OS updates due to not starting the PC for a bit so I did update. Later I was have a problem with a driver that did not install properly and was locking up my joystick when I tried to calibrate it so I did restore the PC to the time before I installed the driver.  And it is since that time I have not been start the simulation. The screen capture image is in the attachment. I have uninstalled and reinstalled  the sim as well as the CodeMeter program as well as installed the 6.30c and uninstalled to reinstalled the 6.30b. I hope the information provided will help to solve this problem. I hope that my own troubleshooting as far as installing and reinstalling the programs and the sim itself hamper your efforts. I hope that with the arrival of the CodeMeter Dongle will make allow me to enjoy the sim but as of now I cannot.  If you need any other further information, please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you."

Win7(x64) Ultimate, i7-2600K 3.4GHz, 16GB Ram, GeForce GTX 780 Ti

Capture.PNG

• Members

What was discovered recently was the issue that the invalidation of licenses that could occur with CM runtime version 6.30a and earlier and which would be fixed with applying version 6.30b, would not be fixed if someone upgraded directly from 6.30a to version 6.30c. Which is of course very unfortunate. A future version 6.30d is supposed to deal with that.

In the meantime I can but ask for your patience.

The developers of Wibu Systems are working on the issue, and they investigate if there are more constellations that could lead to license invalidations. Note that this all applies exclusively to time-based licenses. Those of you using CodeMeter USB sticks with classic licenses have nothing to worry about.

Gentlemen,

It seems that Wibu System has figured out what was wrong with my particular problem with my time based license. I quote from the email reply I received from the company.

Dear Mr. ......,

thanks for this information.

In the attached CmDust-Result.log we can see, that, after update und restore your PC, your software license is invalid.

If this happens, you have to contact your Software Vendor to reactivate your license, or create a new one, till your CmDongle will be arrive.

We´re sorry that we can´t help you in this case, but everything that has to do with re-/activation of licenses, the Software Vendor is responsible.

If you have further questions, don´t hesitate to contact us again.

But all is not lost as I received the CodeMeter USB stick today and have been re-honing my gunner skills in the simulation. I hope this may help other in the future if they should fall under the same circumstances.  Ssnake, thank you very much for your assistance and even thou you may not have directly help with the solution, just having someone contact me and to instill a sense of being helped goes a long way. Thank you again and maybe see you on the battle field. CHARLIE MIKE!!!

• Members

Wibu Support informed me that the release of CodeMeter runtime 6.30d is to be expected for Monday (which is a bank holiday in Germany, so maybe they meant to say "Tuesday", actually). We will include it in the upcoming update 4.005 (maybe 4.006), but maybe you want to install it right away as soon as it becomes available.

Right now it's not, but this message may be read by someone after Tusday, Oct 4th 2016...

I bought the update a few days ago and finally had the time to try and install it. I usually read the support part of the forum whenever a new update arrives and online registration seems like a swamp. I use Win 10 and I know that the dongle and license is a bit of a hassle to say the least so I opted for an offline registration even though it takes a minute or two. I also updated my CM to 6.30c.

And dip me in diesel and throw me to the tankers... that worked just fine. My tip is to use the offline registration if you haven't tried it.

Edited by Steel_Hamster

• Members

Contact me.

Right now I only know that you have a problem, and what your user name in this forum is. Once that I know your email address (don't post it here in public) I can start investigating. The general advice in the user's manual about troubleshooting is of course still valid, in particular the "Troubleshooting" section at the end of the CodeMeter chapter.