Error 0x18080001

Ssnake

• Members

There seems to be a common theme with this error, that it's an attempt to activate an upgrade license where the activation prerequisites aren't met. For example:

• Buying a 4.0 secondary license and trying to activate it without having a 4.0 base license installed on the CM stick. You NEED to have a 4.0 license already on your CM stick before you can activate a secondary one!
  • Trying to apply a 4.0 upgrade license on an empty CM stick. If you recently bought SB Pro PE 3.0 classic license and used the complementary one-month license, maybe you forgot to activate the second part of your original ticket. The 3.0 license must be installed first before you can apply a 4.0 upgrade!
  • Trying to apply a regular 4.0 upgrade license on a CM stick with a 2.4 license. For these cases we have the "old license upgrade option" in the web shop. To apply a regular upgrade you MUST have an SB Pro PE license version 2.5, 2.6, or 3.0 on your CM stick already!

• 1 year later...
  • Members

There seems to be a resurgence of this error in the last 24 hours. Per my preliminary assessment, only time-based licenses are affected - but all of them. :o

If this happens to you: Chances are you aren't doing anything wrong.

The matter is being investigated. As soon as I have news I will contact everyone who has sent me a message about this already, and post news here as well.

Until then I can but ask for your understanding, and for your patience.