We love videos

Rotareneg

• Members
6 hours ago, Wolfseven said:

this scenario is working but the trucks go backwards, and the M1025 .50 cal is broken after it reloads while I'm in the gunner sight it will not go back to the sight.

Looks like you end up in the gun's (new) 'peek' mode, which you can get out of by pressing the (IIRC) 'r' hotkey again..

• Members

Also, use Alt+mousewheel to adjust the range while aiming with the .50 cal.

Finally, if the truck column was on a route with "retreat back, if..." condition, that might explain why they drove backwards. Hard to tell without looking at the scenario in the misison editor.

33 minutes ago, Retro said:

Looks like you end up in the gun's (new) 'peek' mode, which you can get out of by pressing the (IIRC) 'r' hotkey again..

I tried that and it would not go back to the sight at all. Alt+mousewheel , and R. Also how do I get the commanders .50 cal to move up and down? it moves left right with the mouse but no up and down.

Edited by Wolfseven

• Members
1 hour ago, Wolfseven said:

how do I get the commanders .50 cal to move up and down?

In the M1A1, the .50 cal is controlled by the Commander's Weapon Station which uses a hand crank for elevation (so, arrow up/down -- as described in the tutorials, I believe).

3 hours ago, Hoover said:

You guys play always(?) with enemy icons not shown on the 🗺 map. It‘s easy to loose the orientation, at least for me. Where does this shot come from?👀

That recording is of a TGIF session, 'map updates' are set by the scenario designer, they are usually set to 'own map updates' only.

2 hours ago, Ssnake said:

In the M1A1, the .50 cal is controlled by the Commander's Weapon Station which uses a hand crank for elevation (so, arrow up/down -- as described in the tutorials, I believe).

yes tried the arrow up and down and it didn't work.

Really enjoy the TGIF videos that Zero and  Rotareneg post and specifically the ability to see the battle from both sides in live action format :) Very educational at points and picked up some tips along the way. Well Done 

Is there a comprehensive bundle of the missions list or has it become less prescriptive? I wouldn't mind having a bit of a run through some of these with some friends and I cant seem to track them down in the downloads section? 

In other news very impressed with the new engine and well done Esim 

3 hours ago, BaLrOg_70 said:

Is there a comprehensive bundle of the missions list or has it become less prescriptive? I wouldn't mind having a bit of a run through some of these with some friends and I cant seem to track them down in the downloads section? 

Not quite a "bundle" but each mission is posted to this thread prior to being played:

Notes:

1. Not sure if they are taken down later (i.e. whether all the links still work or not).

2. You may need quite a few "friends". Most of these missions need 16+ players spilt over 2, 3 or 4 sides (say 8 v 8 or 6, 5, 5 etc.).

12 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Not quite a "bundle" but each mission is posted to this thread prior to being played:

Notes:

1. Not sure if they are taken down later (i.e. whether all the links still work or not).

2. You may need quite a few "friends". Most of these missions need 16+ players spilt over 2, 3 or 4 sides (say 8 v 8 or 6, 5, 5 etc.).

Ahh I see I was trawling through the thread to see if I was missing something I saw the mission names and 'assumed' they were in a bundle, or available in downloads.

I will keep working on some smaller scale scenarios and learn to work with the control logic 

Thank you :) 

• Moderators

Yes, the mission is attached the day of the event, then usually removed next week.  If you keep checking in there from time to time then you will eventually get all the scenarios over the year, but I have to remove the file to free up space for other attachments, elsewhere.

One of the joys of SB is making your own scenario. Just post in the "Scenario and maps" forum if you have questions and I am sure someone will help.

40 minutes ago, Volcano said:

Yes, the mission is attached the day of the event, then usually removed next week.  If you keep checking in there from time to time then you will eventually get all the scenarios over the year, but I have to remove the file to free up space for other attachments, elsewhere.

@BaLrOg_70 Based on the above, I'm happy to zip my TGIF folder and send it to you, but before I do that please confirm that you are still interested, given the need to have quite a few friends to make these playable?

Edited by Gibsonm

Much appreciated Folks and thank you both for the info, as you say @Gibsonm they are probably a logistic nightmare for small groups I was just curious really so if I ever 'get gud' I may well jump into a friday again :D Time constraints and work get in the way currently.

@Bond_Villian  I will settle for watching you guys lug it out for now and take inspiration from those missions to apply to some smaller scale endeavours of my own in the mission editor.

Thank you again 

3 hours ago, Japo32 said:

It would be nice to be shared those scenaries, as I cannot be all the fridays up to almost 5am to just download each mission. Please! :P

I'm happy to zip them up for you but these are not suitable for single player.

They are also not suitable for one or two person multi-player.

For almost all of them you need 12+ players (distributed on various sides), after all they are designed for a global multi-player activity.

Also they often tend to be tweaked / improved after each playing so for example, the copy I send you from last week is already going to be different to the version used, the next time we play it.

Edited by Gibsonm