We love videos

Rotareneg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

When you're plotting off-road routes, I don't see the navmesh in action. I suspect that you, like many others, still have the setting to disable navmesh routes unless you hold the Alt key. I recommend inverting that setting. It is a matter of taste of course, but I think that over time you'll learn to appreciate the comfort. It will make units appear less stupid in many cases.

When plotting helicopters and UAVs, of course, the navmesh should not be used.

What are people's thoughts on having a video link embedded in the scenario that sends the players to a YouTube video OPORD for the COOP mission? I did this once and wasn't sure of the desirability factor. I thought this would be great to help provide context and visualize the battle-space. Then again, its tough to get constructive comments on scenarios that are uploaded. Thank you!

so that was my first attempt at steel beasts... nothing special, I just putted a few units on the editor and went hunting them. Many things I haven't figured out how they works... but I love the system and would like to create a community in the italian-speaking part of the world 😃

• Members

When approaching a blind corner, always look all the way around it (you didn't, right before the end ... makes the instructor in me want to scream in rage).

Even better if you have two tanks under human control; one can move up to the corner and cover the first half of the arc, then the other tank can, withg turret already oriented, move quickly behind the first up to look (and shoot, if necessary) into the second half of the arc blocked by the corner.

A "corner" in this context can be a line of trees, or a building, or a wall - anything that blocks your line of sight at close distance ("close" relative to the range of your main armament/visibility limit, whichever is shorter).