We love videos

Rotareneg

• Members
8 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Sorry I don't understand the context.

"Klaatu Verata Nictu" is the incantation given to Ash in "The Army of Darkness", to say before picking up the Necronomicon. Of course he forgets about it by the time he gets there, and ... improvises. Of course the book's evil spirit doesn't let itself be fooled, bites Ash, and raises the titular army of undead.

Klaatu Verata Nictu of course is in itself a pop culture reference to The Day The Earth Stood Still, possibly a film that may have influenced a young Sam Raimi to become a film director himself.

Uh, sorry about that. Back to the topic.

4 hours ago, Ssnake said:

"Klaatu Verata Nictu" is the incantation given to Ash in "The Army of Darkness", to say before picking up the Necronomicon. Of course he forgets about it by the time he gets there, and ... improvises. Of course the book's evil spirit doesn't let itself be fooled, bites Ash, and raises the titular army of undead.

Klaatu Verata Nictu of course is in itself a pop culture reference to The Day The Earth Stood Still, possibly a film that may have influenced a young Sam Raimi to become a film director himself.

Uh, sorry about that. Back to the topic.

Yes I was wondering why we went back to "The Day The Earth Stood Still" (the 1951 version of course), apart from maybe the Chaffees at the start. Never saw "The Army of Darkness" and following that synopsis suspect I wont. ;)