need help from 3.028 player

Kingtiger

Is anyone still using 3.028? If so please help me. One of my scenarios refuses to load in 4.0 both in singleplayer mode and in mission editor, with a error message telling me to check the log, who says nothing usable. 

So what I need is for someone with 3.028 open the mission in editor and go to "map -> map info" and see what the name is of the height and terrain map. I think the error is in there somewhere.

/KT

The Demolition Guard 1989 V 1 SP (UK).rar

Edited by Kingtiger

Hi KingTiger   I was not able to open this sce either in 4.0 but I was able to open a modified version of this sce, (as in I could open the modified ver in 4.0 but I modified it in 3.028 from the file posted above, all I changed were the blue force tank types then saved it again)

Terain map : The demolition guard.ter

Height map : Wolf.raw

Embed height map. Compression 45x

Navmesh exists

Projection : UTM (WGS-84)

SW corner 0d 15m 34.02s N, 8d 51m 58.14s W

Hope this helps

Edited by Fincastle
clarification

• Members
2 hours ago, Kingtiger said:

scenario refuses to load in 4.0 mission editor, with a error message telling me to check the log, who says nothing usable. 

You may want to try doing that in the "Debug Mode" of SB Pro PE, which you can find in the program folder/troubleshooting subdirectory. The error log is more verbose in those cases. Can't say though if it would help in this specific case.

I ran one to (not that I would think it differs from Gibsonm's) and it doesn't tell me much at all still? 

[12:32:10,283] DEBUG: Fixed up mech infantry HMG team
[12:32:10,336] WARN : Could not locate any callsign template files, falling back to built-in one!
[12:32:10,339] WARN : Could not locate any callsign template files, falling back to built-in one!

[12:32:10,850] TRACE: *** CActorMom::InitDeviceObjects() [0x40000062] ***
[12:32:10,850] TRACE: Leaving CLandObjects::InitDeviceObjects
[12:32:10,972] INFO : Error loading the scenario!
It may be incompatible or its artwork (map) resources may be missing.

Please see the log for more information!
[12:32:11,775] TRACE: *** CActorMom::InitDeviceObjects() [0x00000000] ***

DebugLog.txt