Panzer_Leader scenarios updated for 4.0

Panzer_Leader

Well I don't think it has anything to do with the mission itself.

Can you download a different mission?

Regardless of the outcome I'd suggest you post in the "support" thread where people look out for this sort of stuff and tell them "I can't download anything" if both files have the same issue, or "I can download file X but not file Y" if its just related to this one.

The support guys don't check every possible post just in case its a support issue. :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Well I don't think it has anything to do with the mission itself.

Can you download a different mission?

Regardless of the outcome I'd suggest you post in the "support" thread where people look out for this sort of stuff and tell them "I can't download anything" if both files have the same issue, or "I can download file X but not file Y" if its just related to this one.

The support guys don't check every possible post just in case its a support issue. :)

Sorry, you´r right.  Yes it happens on other downloads, so I´ll post on the support page.

Thank you.

Hi All, my latest scenario to be updated for 4.0 is available for download:

Changes from version 1.2:

- M113A2 as FV432 proxy replaced by M113A2G.
- Blue light machine-gun (LMG) squads equipped with M240 (GPMG). Red LMG squads equipped with PKM.
- Blue rifle squads equipped with 5.56 mm machine gun and 210 ready rounds representing L86 Light Support Weapon (LSW).
- BTR-80 as BTR-60PU proxy replaced by BTR-60PB.

The changes to the scenario using the features of 4.0 are not major, but it is a more challenging single- and multi-player scenario.  Crossing the Beberbach in a timely manner is key!  It also requires careful management of your vehicles' ammunition and serviceability - this is a scenario where you'll need your echelon / CSS.  I generally arrive at the objective - if I make it that far - with considerably less "runners" than I'd hoped for.

Have fun!  

My first-ever scenario, M1A1 Platoon Attack on Reinforced Motorised Rifle Company, has been updated to version 2.3 for 4.0:

Key changes are:

- Blue light-machine gun (LMG) squads equipped with M240 (MAG 58). Red LMG squads equipped with PKM.
- Blue rifle squads equipped with 5.56 mm machine gun and 700 ready rounds representing M249 SAW (C9 Minimi) and 25 40 mm grenades representing M203 grenadier.
- Overhead View enabled.

• 1 year later...

Hi All

I've just published an updated version of my 'Heavy CT Delay v Tank Battalion FD' scenario, finally bringing it up to 4.019 standard (from 3.023):

Key changes to v2.2 include:

- Start time moved from 0445 to 0430 so that units commence mission in darkness due to changes in lighting effects introduced with Steel Beasts version 4.0.
- A bug in the scoring that could see BLUE awarded a Victory after a RED breakthrough of MARS in greater than platoon strength has been corrected.
- BLUE infantry sections comprise two rifle squads equipped with 5.56 mm rifle (EF88), 5.56 mm MG with 800 ready rounds representing M249 SAW (F89 Light Support Weapon), 25 40 mm grenades representing SL40 grenadier and 1 M72A1 (M72A6).
- BLUE mechanised infantry platoons have a fifth M113AS4 added. The fifth M113AS4 (Delta call sign) carries the Manoeuvre Support Section of two squads, one with M2 (M3) Carl Gustaf and one with 7.62 mm M240 (MAG58), denoted by the appendix '[MSS]' to the in-game call sign.
- A second Javelin team and M113AS4 (I61C) has been attached to the CT from BG DFSW platoon.
- The infantry squads of the combat engineer section, E21, have been converted to Engineer teams.
- Quality of BLUE troops set to Regular.
- Changes to BLUE call sign template.
- RED Motorised Rifle sections comprise two rifle squads equipped with 5.45 mm rifle (AK-74). One squad is equipped with 5.45 mm MG with 320 ready rounds (RPK-74) and the second squad with (R)PG-7L. Sources: FM 100-2-3, The Soviet Army: Troops, Organization, and Equipment, 1991 and OPFOR Worldwide Equipment Guide, 2000.
- The infantry squads of RED MT-LB/Eng have been converted to Engineer teams.
- A Unimog 1300L has been added to each RED 2S1 battery representing a GAZ-66.  
- Overhead View enabled.

Please note this scenario contains two files, one denoted 'Contemporary' which includes T-90S and BMP-3 and a 41-tank battalion and another 'Soviet' which features T-72A/M1 and BMP-2 and the earlier 31-tank battalion.  The Blue organisation is the same in both.  Take your pick and enjoy!

• 5 months later...

Hi Team

I've published the version 1.1 update to my most recent scenario, 'Combat Team Advance at Woodhill 1994', and it's available for download:

Key changes in v1.1 include:

- Fixed a bug which prevented 20 points for correct identification of tank type reinforcing QUINTUS within the H+60 time limit being received.
- Red defensive mortar fire strengthened.
- Improvements to Red reconnaissance patrol and counter-penetration force scripting.

You should now receive full credit for correct identification of the tank type in QUINTUS, whereas previously you didn't, which led to lower scores than expected.  Also, Red indirect fire is more aggressive, making maintenance of battle positions more challenging if observed.  The Red reconnaissance patrol and counter-penetration force have a couple of extra permutations to their scripting to increase variation and potentially challenge.

Successful completion of the mission is not necessarily less likely, but damage to vehicles and losses, and overall challenge, should increase.  It's a company-sized Combat Team versus a platoon so it's not meant to be "fair" :)    

• 1 year later...

Hi Team

In anticipation of the impending release of 4.1 I'm bringing any outstanding scenarios up to my latest 4.023 standard, starting with 'M1A1 Platoon Attack on Reinforced Motorised Rifle Company', which hadn't been updated since 4.0: 

Changes to version 2.4 of the scenario include:

• BLUE infantry sections comprise two rifle squads, each equipped with 5.56 mm rifle (MARS-L), 7.62 mm MG with 700 ready rounds (7.62 LSW Minimi) and 25 40 mm grenades (M203PI). The second squad is also equipped with Carl Gustaf M3.
  • RED Motorised Rifle sections comprise two rifle squads equipped with 5.45 mm rifle (AK-74) and 10 40 mm grenades (GP-30). One squad is equipped with (R)PG-7R^ and the second squad with 5.45 mm MG with 320 ready rounds (RPK-74) and RPG-27. Sources: FM 100-2-3, The Soviet Army: Troops, Organization, and Equipment, 1991 and OPFOR Worldwide Equipment Guide, 2000.
  • Bunkers removed from RED automatic grenade launcher (AGL) teams to enable them to fire.
  • RED minefields changed from buried to surface-laid for easier identification.

@Splash has also created an excellent custom skin for the "coalition partner" (New Zealand) infantry in this scenario, in contemporary MCU (Multi-terrain Camouflage Uniform): 

I'd recommend downloading it to maximise realism and immersion.

There are three more scenarios I'm bringing up to my final 4.023 standard which I'll release progressively over coming weeks, the intention being to then release 4.1 updates, where applicable, that only reflect the exciting new features of 4.1.

Enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...

The latest update to 'Area Reconnaissance at Neustadt am Rübenberge 1989' is now available for download: 

Changes to version 2.2 of the scenario include:

• Corrected Blue mission scoring so that the combat effectiveness score is accurately affected by own unit losses. 
  • The Bergepanzer 1 (M88A1 ARV) has been replaced with the Bergepanzer 2 (Wisent ARV).
  • An echelon of 1 Unimog 1300L/Supply and 1 MB 240GD has been added to company headquarters.
  • A GAZ-66 (Unimog 1300L) has been added to the headquarters platoon of the 2S1 self-propelled howitzer battery of the FSE.

Enjoy!

On 7/1/2019 at 4:59 PM, Scrapper_511 said:

Thanks for keeping your scenarios current.

Thanks @Scrapper_511, appreciate the encouragement.

The next pre-4.1 update available is 'Mechanized Infantry Company Team Attack at Gershausen 1987': 

Changes to version 1.4 of the scenario include:

• Supporting artillery battery increased from six to historically correct eight tubes.
  • Corrected a bug that could see the mission end before the Red counter-penetration force launched in limited circumstances.

Have fun!

There will be one more scenario updated to pre-4.1 standard before dedicated updates to include any relevant new content from 4.1 post-release and then, hopefully, one or two all-new scenarios as time allows over the next 6-12 months (one is already ~40% complete).

Edited by Panzer_Leader

• 2 months later...

My 4.161 update to my 'Heavy CT Delay v Tank Battalion FD' is now available for download: 

Changes to v2.3 include:

- Added a M1A1 AIM SA (M1A2(SEP) with 'Commander's sight' disabled) for squadron second-in-command (2IC).
- Replaced the MB240GD of the echelon with a second M88A2 (M88A1 ARV).
- The 'FO team' of ASLAV-PC V11D has been replaced by a 'Rifle squad' with JIM-LR.
- MTLB/FO changed to ACRV/MT-LBU.

Includes new JIM-LR and ACRV/MT-LBU from 4.1x.

Try your hand at a challenging Delay, oh, and have fun...

One minor tweak made to 'Heavy CT Delay v Tank Battalion FD' brings it to version 2.31:

I recommend you overwrite v2.3 with this. The one change:

- Scenario start time changed to 0410 to account for time and lighting system adjustments with 4.1x.

The accompanying map is now also available, as required for 4.1x scenarios, here:

Thanks to @Gibsonm for the original map file. 

On 9/25/2019 at 10:10 AM, Panzer_Leader said:

One minor tweak made to 'Heavy CT Delay v Tank Battalion FD' brings it to version 2.31:

I recommend you overwrite v2.3 with this. The one change:

- Scenario start time changed to 0410 to account for time and lighting system adjustments with 4.1x.

The accompanying map is now also available, as required for 4.1x scenarios, here:

Thanks to @Gibsonm for the original map file. 

I cant download the map, no matter what. I tried using the Map Downloader app with the UID code, either query or download and nothing happens; either in game while loading the scenario and choosing to download the map. Nothing happens. There seems to be a problem.

1 hour ago, stormrider_sp said:

I cant download the map, no matter what. I tried using the Map Downloader app with the UID code, either query or download and nothing happens; either in game while loading the scenario and choosing to download the map. Nothing happens. There seems to be a problem.

Thanks @stormrider_sp, this seems to be a problem for other users too so I’m troubleshooting the issue in this thread: 

Hopefully I’m able to determine a resolution soon and users can enjoy the scenario!

2 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

@Panzer_Leader

If you like I can post the pCloud link so people can download it? This may serve as a short term work around.

I just need to remember which version you ended up using. I can have a look tonight.

Thanks @Gibsonm, I appreciate your offer but I'm troubleshooting this via the forum today as time allows and will hopefully upload the correct combination of map files this evening after work.  Hopefully I manage to properly correct the issue for users in about the same time frame you can provide a link anyway.  Fingers crossed! 

Hi Panzer Leader,

Yes, I downloaded your map files and initially it did not work but, I reworked the files and was able to generate a good copy. I have attached the working files. You need to copy them into the correct location...

C:\ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\maps\packages\OTW AI [autocreated base]\deltas\(files go in here)

Open the SB mission editor and choose the Heavy CT Delay v (Contemporary) Tank Battalion FD v2.3 (4.161).sce .

When asked direct the editor to the location I mentioned (above).

metadata.mrf OTW_Beaudesert_ver_3.ter

If anyone has had issues associating the maps with the scenario 'Heavy CT Delay v Tank Battalion FD v2.31', this should now be resolved with the relevant Base and Delta maps auto-downloading from the map server when the scenario is opened. It is recommended you click the blue "Refresh map package folder" button before trying to query or download the map package with the Map Download Manager. If that still doesn't work at least one member finally had success after shutting down, restarting their computer and trying again.

Edited by Panzer_Leader