Panzer_Leader scenarios updated for 4.0

Panzer_Leader

Hi Team

Version 1.5 (4.162) of ‘Combat Team Flank Attack at Hamelin 1990’ is now available to download:

Key changes include:

- The ACRV/MT-LBU replaces the MT-LB/FO (except in T-12 anti-tank gun batteries).
- Scenario start time changed to 0545 to account for time and lighting system adjustments with 4.1x.

Can you punch through the independent anti-tank battalion of 35th Motorised Rifle Division to secure a foothold in Hamelin? #deathorglory

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Panzer_Leader said:

Thanks Mark. I’m finally getting around to updating my remaining scenarios to 4.1x standard. ‘Armoured Infantry Company Attack at Rydsgard 1991’ will be up next.

I might be home by the 10th of March and be able to play "directly" (currently I play "indirectly" - laptop in Vic via Teamviewer and 4G WiFi to usual computer in Canberra).

1 hour ago, Gibsonm said:

I might be home by the 10th of March and be able to play "directly" (currently I play "indirectly" - laptop in Vic via Teamviewer and 4G WiFi to usual computer in Canberra).

Good news; I’m sure you’ll be glad to be home. It might make a good time for me to come out of mothballs and put in some online trigger time...

18 hours ago, Panzer_Leader said:

Hi Team

Version 1.5 (4.162) of ‘Combat Team Flank Attack at Hamelin 1990’ is now available to download:

Key changes include:

- The ACRV/MT-LBU replaces the MT-LB/FO (except in T-12 anti-tank gun batteries).
- Scenario start time changed to 0545 to account for time and lighting system adjustments with 4.1x.

Can you punch through the independent anti-tank battalion of 35th Motorised Rifle Division to secure a foothold in Hamelin? #deathorglory

For anyone interested, here is the article from ARMOR magazine that originally inspired this scenario, 'The Soviet Reaction to a Flank Threat': https://www.dropbox.com/s/j3ls32alcx2xajs/The Soviet Reaction to a Flank Threat_Armor_Nov-Dec 85.pdf?dl=0

On 2/22/2020 at 6:31 AM, Panzer_Leader said:

For anyone interested, here is the article from ARMOR magazine that originally inspired this scenario, 'The Soviet Reaction to a Flank Threat': https://www.dropbox.com/s/j3ls32alcx2xajs/The Soviet Reaction to a Flank Threat_Armor_Nov-Dec 85.pdf?dl=0

Interesting read and enjoyed the new version thanks!

It would be nice to have new flattened roads on that Hamelin map especially the main highway...   I had a quick play in the map editor but it quickly became a huge mess.

Anyway keep up the great work 👍

On 2/23/2020 at 10:50 PM, ben said:

Interesting read and enjoyed the new version thanks!

Thanks @ben, glad you enjoyed the updated scenario and article that inspired it.

It would be nice to have new flattened roads on that Hamelin map especially the main highway...   I had a quick play in the map editor but it quickly became a huge mess.

I don't disagree but unfortunately I don't count myself as a map editor, so tend to retain maps as I find them.

Anyway keep up the great work 👍

Thanks, will do. I hope to release a 4.162 update to 'Armoured Infantry Company Attack at Rydsgard 1991' in the next fortnight.

50 minutes ago, Panzer_Leader said:

I don't disagree but unfortunately I don't count myself as a map editor, so tend to retain maps as I find them

Im the same, but just recently started playing with the road levelling feature, trying to get the most out of the new terrain engine.

1 hour ago, Panzer_Leader said:

I hope to release a 4.162 update to 'Armoured Infantry Company Attack at Rydsgard 1991' in the next fortnight.

Looking forward to it 👍

• 3 months later...

It took a bit longer than a fortnight due to some substantial re-scripting to improve logic and achieve intended scenario outcomes but 'Armoured Infantry Company Attack at Rydsgard 1991 v2.0 (4.167)' is now available for download:

Key changes from v1.6 include:

- Scenario start time changed to 0400 to account for time and lighting system adjustments with 4.1x. 
- Look of all Danish AFV crew changed to 'US' to reflect CVC helmets worn by Danish AFV crews. 
- Substantial rebuild of Red counter-penetration and combat reconnaissance patrol (CRP) scripting and Blue scoring with clearer logic and improved modularity for ease of future updates.

Enjoy!

• 3 months later...
On 7/3/2019 at 10:20 AM, Panzer_Leader said:

The next pre-4.1 update available is 'Mechanized Infantry Company Team Attack at Gershausen 1987': 

Hi,

Mechanized-Infantry Company Team Attack at Gershausen 1987”: 

Great mission 👍

But I need tactical advice to play it 🤔

-> How would you attack with which units where ?

-> Use the few tanks as scouts or rather the more numerous but vulnerable Bradleys ?

-> Where deploy the infantry ?

Thx !

K

525E0589-8BBA-424A-A063-A2C7918179EA.jpeg

37AD2618-63FE-400B-B688-D0A6460555CC.jpeg

D449A443-275C-4D3E-87DE-EDADF0779A3B.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Koen said:

Hi,

Mechanized-Infantry Company Team Attack at Gershausen 1987”: 

Great mission 👍

But I need tactical advice to play it 🤔

-> How would you attack with which units where ?

-> Use the few tanks as scouts or rather the more numerous but vulnerable Bradleys ?

-> Where deploy the infantry ?

Thx !

K

I can send you some AAR files if you like (which admittedly are of limited value as what works in one running, may not work in another due to the Red's flexible plan.).

The alternative is pages of notes.

7 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

I can send you some AAR files if you like (which admittedly are of limited value as what works in one running, may not work in another due to the Red's flexible plan.).

The alternative is pages of notes.

That would be great.

AAR files or notes: which ever is easiest for you.

Sending you via PM my e-mailadress.

Thank you,

Koen