Modding Font Colors?

Grim.Reaper

Is there any ability to modify the font colors of the game?  On my computer screen in all games, having RED font on BLACK background is very hard to read...and even having RED for some of the status messages in upper corner is difficult.  Some of the messages that come up take a lot of effort to figure out because of this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2016 at 7:38 PM, Grim.Reaper said:

Is there any ability to modify the font colors of the game?  On my computer screen in all games, having RED font on BLACK background is very hard to read...and even having RED for some of the status messages in upper corner is difficult.  Some of the messages that come up take a lot of effort to figure out because of this.

Oh man I feel you! I hate the thin black on grey font they use also. Its so thin it always looks like they are ghosted out in the menus and I can barely read them unless I'm about a 18 inches from screen. Granted I'm older and my eyes are not young and that is part of the problem but I'm betting whoever coded that has 20/20 vision . Just make it bolder or something! lol .

• Members

It's... on the list. The whole UI was hand-made in the 90s. Which means that in order to change things we need to replace the whole UI code. Which, unfortunately, is a major task. With 800x600 resolution screens it wasn't that bad of a choice, but ... well, nowadays it is.

37 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

It's... on the list. The whole UI was hand-made in the 90s. Which means that in order to change things we need to replace the whole UI code. Which, unfortunately, is a major task. With 800x600 resolution screens it wasn't that bad of a choice, but ... well, nowadays it is.

I was about to call you a liar for trying to BS us into thinking that SB1 was actually that high res, but then I realized that I probably spent much of my time in the thermals, which were decidedly low-res lol.

Speaking of which, it was still a good simulator, and I hope that at the appropriate point in time (meaning: When eSim games is gone, development and sales of ProPE has stopped) you will release the source code for SB Gold and Pro PE, and make them freely available for use instead of letting such a fantastic simulator die a slow death of old age.  There are, sadly, quite a few "good old games" out there that just aren't available anymore.