Thermal depth of field

Rotareneg

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, MAJ_Fubar said:

Too bad that; it's such a simple process too...oh well.

Well, it would be nice to have it one day based on realism setting, but yeah.

50 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

What no service after firing, no updating EFC records, ... - outrageous! ;)

Yeah, quite a bit of "fun realism" left out. xD

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Every time you start a scenario you are required to conduct a full vehicle PMCS. eSim will model faults, which will require you to coordinate with the in-game XO to evacuate the vehicle to the maintenance point, in which case you will wait with the vehicle while the rest of your unit conducts the scenario. Good game!

Still too "lite."  I want to fill out housing forms at Ft. Hood.

• Members

I briefly toyed with the idea. "Tank Platoon Manager" or the like, where your equipment disappears because other platoons are stealing it (so you need to go and "lend" stuff, hoard suprlus equipment that you aren't supposed to have, and to hide it from inspections). And maintenance routine. Remove grease, then re-apply it. Things that break down right after you had them repaired, or tested (and they worked), and of course always at the most inopportune moments. Deal with supply guys that seem to have no idea and no caring for your needs. Try to befriend loathsome guys because they can get you what you need (or make your life harder, if you don't).

Manage your platoon's soldiers and their emotional baggage. Work overtime, and don't fall asleep on the weekend's drive home where you try to maintain a relationship with an outgoing GF.

Ah, the joy. The fun.

There was an addon for the Falcon 3.0 series of flight simulators (Falcon 3.0, Hornet: Naval Strike Fighter, and MiG-29: Deadly Adversary of Falcon, three separate sims for three different aircraft that all connected to play cooperative or head-to-head dogfights and campaigns with each other online.) that did something similar...

It functioned as an editor, so you could adjust your supplies at the start of a campaign, and also as a supply and requisition simulator...

"I request more GBU-15 guided bombs!"

"Did you make three copies?...My pen's out of ink, come back later."

"I need four new aircraft!"

"You'll get one and be happy about it."

6 hours ago, Ssnake said:

I briefly toyed with the idea. "Tank Platoon Manager" or the like, where your equipment disappears because other platoons are stealing it (so you need to go and "lend" stuff, hoard suprlus equipment that you aren't supposed to have, and to hide it from inspections). And maintenance routine. Remove grease, then re-apply it. Things that break down right after you had them repaired, or tested (and they worked), and of course always at the most inopportune moments. Deal with supply guys that seem to have no idea and no caring for your needs. Try to befriend loathsome guys because they can get you what you need (or make your life harder, if you don't).

Manage your platoon's soldiers and their emotional baggage. Work overtime, and don't fall asleep on the weekend's drive home where you try to maintain a relationship with an outgoing GF.

Ah, the joy. The fun.

I'm currently at reserve training with my brigade. We discussed the idea...everyone loved it  Go ahead!!

about the M60A3, it can be reliably penetrated on the side turret with CV9040 ammo. the problem is the armour is so thin the chance of damage is very low. so unless you hit the crew or stored ammo directly, you won't do any damage. 

much of this is due to current deficiencies in the SB damage model. instead of creating a shotgun spall effect after penetrating, we instead use a more primitive dice throw to assess spalling effects. 

1 hour ago, dejawolf said:

we instead use a more primitive dice throw to assess spalling effects. 

Wait, so you're telling me those +2 Slpprj 95LK/05 rounds of crew slaying we found in the bottom of that dungeon might actually be useful? Glad I didn't sell 'em when we got back to town!

41 minutes ago, Rotareneg said:

Wait, so you're telling me those +2 Slpprj 95LK/05 rounds of crew slaying we found in the bottom of that dungeon might actually be useful? Glad I didn't sell 'em when we got back to town!

only if they are the +2 damage % Slpprj 95LK/05 rounds of crew slaying ;)

• 3 months later...
On 11/16/2016 at 11:43 AM, dejawolf said:

about the M60A3, it can be reliably penetrated on the side turret with CV9040 ammo. the problem is the armour is so thin the chance of damage is very low. so unless you hit the crew or stored ammo directly, you won't do any damage. 

much of this is due to current deficiencies in the SB damage model. instead of creating a shotgun spall effect after penetrating, we instead use a more primitive dice throw to assess spalling effects. 

the inital  discussion wasn't' about side penetration but frontal penetration.

yes basically all tanks have thin side armor (relative) to thier fronts. again at the same time I don think the comparison is fair because the M60A3 is a much earlier design.  It  was already retired from frontline  active duty service by  US forces  by the time the CV9040 entered service  anyhow.  Today m60a3 is basically a obselete tank. Generally  in use  by smaller economies and or 2nd rate militaries that cant afford enough ( or any) 3rd generation tanks.

Edited by Kev2go